Topic: BATTLECLINIC FACELIFT  (Read 4744 times)

SghnDubh

BATTLECLINIC FACELIFT
« on: January 18, 2003, 09:11:30 pm »
Hi folks.
Please stop by www.battleclinic.com and check out the facelift.

There's more load-outs, a better UI, and new sections.

Stop on by!  Oh, and don't hesitiate to contribute! Send in those load-outs & films for EAW, OP, and SFCIII...!

Tulmahk

Re: BATTLECLINIC FACELIFT
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 09:46:20 pm »
Your site is coming along extremely well.  I see a great future for it.

By way of commenting on improvements, you might consider, for the loadouts section, to have a set of graphics (ie, screen shots) showing how a ship is loaded out in addition to the text you have up.  The text is good to have too, but it can be difficult to immediately grasp the concept of a certain loadout right away.  If you take screenshots of each ship's refit screens (one graphic for each ship section [ie, shields, primarys, heavys, etc.]).  This will allow an immediate, graphical understanding of how the ship has been configured.

With the images squeezed into the most efficeint jpeg formats, each one should take up no more than 14k or so, so it shouldn't hurt your bandwidth or server space too much at all.  

SghnDubh

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 12:21:30 am »
Thanks very much for the suggestion...let me think about screenshots: That's an realitively large investment of time, because all have to be Photoshopped. And the in-line frames restrict space...but with pop-ups...hmmmm... got me thinking..

Now if I understood how to get a form to populate a database and then use ASP pages to show the numerical loadouts without me keying each one in, this would free up lots of time...!

Stay tuned: when the film room is fixed in SFCIII, the games will be converted to AVI or MPG.

Aenigma

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 05:50:44 am »
Great job SghnDubh, looks awesome!

Aenigma  

Subspace

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 09:27:16 am »
yes it looks Good !!!  

MrCue

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2003, 10:57:28 am »
i will help you if you have PHP / MySQL

Tulmahk

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2003, 10:17:09 pm »
Quote:

Thanks very much for the suggestion...let me think about screenshots: That's an realitively large investment of time, because all have to be Photoshopped. And the in-line frames restrict space...but with pop-ups...hmmmm... got me thinking..

I'm glad to see you're open to suggestions.

I've had your site in my favorites since it went SFC3.  I'm learning a lot from the Romulan loadouts section.

I'll have some loadouts and maybe tactics to contribute soon.  And I can't wait for the film room to be fixed (probably in the forthcoming patch?)!  Those movies should be hilarious!

Keep up the good work!  

SghnDubh

BATTLECLINIC FACELIFT
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2003, 09:11:30 pm »
Hi folks.
Please stop by www.battleclinic.com and check out the facelift.

There's more load-outs, a better UI, and new sections.

Stop on by!  Oh, and don't hesitiate to contribute! Send in those load-outs & films for EAW, OP, and SFCIII...!

Tulmahk

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2003, 09:46:20 pm »
Your site is coming along extremely well.  I see a great future for it.

By way of commenting on improvements, you might consider, for the loadouts section, to have a set of graphics (ie, screen shots) showing how a ship is loaded out in addition to the text you have up.  The text is good to have too, but it can be difficult to immediately grasp the concept of a certain loadout right away.  If you take screenshots of each ship's refit screens (one graphic for each ship section [ie, shields, primarys, heavys, etc.]).  This will allow an immediate, graphical understanding of how the ship has been configured.

With the images squeezed into the most efficeint jpeg formats, each one should take up no more than 14k or so, so it shouldn't hurt your bandwidth or server space too much at all.  

SghnDubh

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2003, 12:21:30 am »

Now if I understood how to get a form to populate a database and then use ASP pages to show the numerical loadouts without me keying each one in, this would free up lots of time...!

Stay tuned: when the film room is fixed in SFCIII, the games will be converted to AVI or MPG.

Aenigma

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2003, 05:50:44 am »
Great job SghnDubh, looks awesome!

Aenigma  

Subspace

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2003, 09:27:16 am »
yes it looks Good !!!  

MrCue

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2003, 10:57:28 am »
i will help you if you have PHP / MySQL

Tulmahk

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2003, 10:17:09 pm »
Quote:

I'm glad to see you're open to suggestions.

I've had your site in my favorites since it went SFC3.  I'm learning a lot from the Romulan loadouts section.

I'll have some loadouts and maybe tactics to contribute soon.  And I can't wait for the film room to be fixed (probably in the forthcoming patch?)!  Those movies should be hilarious!

Keep up the good work!