Topic: SG3 Server Downloads...  (Read 3241 times)

Dizzy

SG3 Server Downloads...
« on: May 09, 2003, 10:23:14 pm »
1st off know that S'Cipio's Installer will undo evererything it does, which means if you drop in custom models into the new folders, they will be erased by S'Cipios uninstaller, so make a backup...

Right now I am conversing with the team... A huddle is in progress and the D/L's are being discussed. I cant give you a timeline... soon?

Dizzy notices the rabid animal like crowd surrounding him trying to get the D/L...  "Must have the download", one yells... "Yessssssss!" taunts another... Soon the crowd begins to creep toward Dizzy... Drooling, lumbering forward like mindless drones homing in on... food. Yes, that was it... Dizzy was just a piece of meat and they were going to eat him... ALIVE! Panicked, Dizzy scrambles for an idea, an escape perhaps, and sees J'inn not far away sitting on a rock ready pussycat. Thinking quickly now, with the no time to lose, Dizzy runs over to J'inn, grabs him, and throws him in front of the advancing lynch mob yelling at the top of his lungs, "J'inn has the D/L!!!" and as the frenzied mob reach out for J'inn, Dizzy is seen running at top speed into the thicket of mangrove trees...

Toten

Re: SG3 Server Downloads...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 10:54:34 pm »
hey Dizzy,

In the beginning there was darkness then god said ..... yadda yadda yadda....

insert download timing here and link

yadda yadda yadda

and there was much rejoicing

yadda yadda yadda

Book of Revalation (geeze i guess there wont be a SG3 eh?)

HINT HINT  

Karnak

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 11:39:36 pm »
Quote:

hey Dizzy,

In the beginning there was darkness then god said ..... yadda yadda yadda....

insert download timing here and link

yadda yadda yadda

and there was much rejoicing

yadda yadda yadda

Book of Revalation (geeze i guess there wont be a SG3 eh?)

HINT HINT  

I've had something up for 2 hours now. Durn pirates shot up my I-CC  again

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=83577&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 11:50:35 pm »
The D/L is being configured... soon...

jimmi7769

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 12:13:29 am »
Quote:

Yeah thats what we heard about the OP patch.

Dizzy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 12:26:04 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Im doing my best here. I havent slept for 3 days... yesterday today and tomorrow... Im exhausted, hungry, sexually deprived (you think the woman is gonna give me any with me so wrapped up in this?) and extremely annoyed with this beta installer.

Right now, I am going thru the D/L package and making sure all's there and good. If you would please just let me do this... you might be able to login tonight. Otherwise its tomorrow.

I mean... this is a beta package leading up to the GoLive server start on Wed or Fri next week. The beta server really isnt gonna be for everyone... There will be changes all week til I get it the way I want it... slightly on the lesser side of perfection, but not too far off

EDIT: This server introduces so many new concepts and additions to the game that make it better, that it will prolly take a bit longer to launch than a regular server. So please be patient. Again, its highly beta... and getting it all to work will take a bit more time. If you dont want to stumble thru this beta period and help fine tune this server, then wait till we finish and then D/L everything then
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 12:29:04 am by Dizzy »

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 01:12:38 am »
No woories Dizzy, by looking at you posts and the discussion on the developement forum I think you have really been very ambitious.  It should be a great server, and I appreciate all your time and effort.  Of course there will likely be difficulties and little items here and there, but it seems you are doing your best to work out  as many of these as possible in advance.  I thank you again for all your effort, and also thank all who have or will contribute to this project.  Should be a blast.

Dizzy

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 03:43:12 am »
Ok, the beta installer is done. It will install everything cept the scripts which you have to drop into your scripts folder. The final version of the installer will do this for you.

The server is up. Its gonna be a test server.. so HF. Report anything unusual... lol.

I have had a few problems with people telling me to go [censored] myself, hehe.  This has cause the D/L's to be... delayed. I will fix this, however... and you can expect to be on by tonight. Maybe I can call my Time warner and get some more webspace... Ill host the D/L myself. Again, my apologie. I fully expected and had planned to have this taken care of, but had an unexpected twist of events.... Despite the slight delay, I stayed up late and did my best to debug thr installer so we are a D/L away from playing...

Im tired... so off to bed with me. See you all tomorrow afternoon...  

Remiak

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 07:02:09 am »
Dizzy,
Take the time you need to do it the way you intended to, while getting the rest you need.
If you feel the community is anxious it is not that we are not patient nor understanding but that we are interested.
In my book, that is a good thing.
Thanks for your hard workt, looking forward to SG3.      

Toten

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 07:30:13 am »
I too look forward to SG3.  I was just wondering how much further I have to look forward.  The hype is beginning to kill me.  

KRolling

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2003, 07:34:16 am »
Quote:

Dizzy,
Take the time you need to do it the way you intended to, while getting the rest you need.
If you feel the community is anxious it is not that we are not patient nor understanding but that we are interested.
In my book, that is a good thing.
Thanks for your hard workt, looking forward to SG3.        

Don't listen to him!!! He's talking out of his head!!!

WE WANT THE DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!

Just kidden, dear..... we will wait.... for a little while......

Toten

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2003, 07:36:46 am »
Will there be any SPAM in this download (blatant attempt to hijack the thread).  

SSCF_Paladin

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2003, 08:15:15 am »
Take it easy, Dizzy, we know you're on it.

Looking forward to jumping into the NCM and BCE... whoo hoo photons!

*drools* Mmmmm... photons... *eyes roll up into head*

(Yeah, I'm a freak... it's the people who say they're normal that scare me)

*girlfriend taps shoulder*  'Time to go to my parents...'

(ugh... a night away from the internet.  Will I survive?)

'... this is exciting.  We're going to play Monopoly!'

AAAAAAGGGHH!!!!! I'M IN HELL I TELL YOU, HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSCF_Paladin

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2003, 08:16:53 am »
*sobs brokenly into keyboard*

Someone, please help me.... not Monotony...

KOTH-Steel Claw

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2003, 08:27:24 am »

Quote:

Im doing my best here. I havent slept for 3 days... yesterday today and tomorrow... Im exhausted, hungry, sexually deprived (you think the woman is gonna give me any with me so wrapped up in this?) and extremely annoyed with this beta installer.  

Diz,

Take your time, there can always be a fun server of some type running. I would rather wait some extra time than have a rushed product. If you need any extra beta testers, let me know. I can help out some.

jimmi7769

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2003, 08:47:54 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right now, I am going thru the D/L package and making sure all's there and good. If you would please just let me do this... you might be able to login tonight. Otherwise its tomorrow.

I mean... this is a beta package leading up to the GoLive server start on Wed or Fri next week. The beta server really isnt gonna be for everyone... There will be changes all week til I get it the way I want it... slightly on the lesser side of perfection, but not too far off

EDIT: This server introduces so many new concepts and additions to the game that make it better, that it will prolly take a bit longer to launch than a regular server. So please be patient. Again, its highly beta... and getting it all to work will take a bit more time. If you dont want to stumble thru this beta period and help fine tune this server, then wait till we finish and then D/L everything then

I was only joking

you know me, always an ass.

KRolling

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2003, 09:03:30 am »
Dizzy Dizzy Bo Bizzy
Banana Fana Fo Fizzy
Me My Mo Mizzy

DIZZY!!

J'inn

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2003, 09:06:23 am »
Quote:

]

Diz,

Take your time, there can always be a fun server of some type running. I would rather wait some extra time than have a rushed product. If you need any extra beta testers, let me know. I can help out some.  

What he said.

Chill Diz and take yer time.   Only players left are the crackheads anyways.   We're not going anywhere.  

mbday

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2003, 09:06:39 am »
All please excepted my sincerest apologies in not having the SSCF fleet message board up and running right at this time. I sorry that Kim has to come and make post like the one above me. I'm working as hard and as fast as I can to get the message board for the SSCF Fleet back up and working right so that Kim will not be posting things like the post above.

I'm truly sorry about that.

KRolling

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2003, 09:11:01 am »
I'ma running amuk on the Taldren!!!!!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA<snort!!!>

mbday

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2003, 09:12:26 am »
Kim report to the SSCF Fleet forums till 12:30CST and leave these poor guys along.  

warsears

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2003, 09:18:33 am »
Quote:

All please excepted my sincerest apologies in not having the SSCF fleet message board up and running right at this time. I sorry that Kim has to come and make post like the one above me. I'm working as hard and as fast as I can to get the message board for the SSCF Fleet back up and working right so that Kim will not be posting things like the post above.

I'm truly sorry about that.  

Are you kidding Day we love Kim and her posts  

mbday

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2003, 09:19:55 am »
SHe is just babbling to day. SHe is not makeing any since at all. She is sefering for fleet message board idice.

KRolling

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2003, 10:25:41 am »
I AM LOVED?!!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

KOTH-Steel Claw

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2003, 11:28:59 am »

Quote:

SHe is just babbling to day. SHe is not makeing any since at all. She is sefering for fleet message board idice.  

Er, uhhhhmmm, you ever been hit with a rolling pin?

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2003, 01:16:17 pm »
Quote:

Ok, the beta installer is done. It will install everything cept the scripts which you have to drop into your scripts folder. The final version of the installer will do this for you.

The server is up. Its gonna be a test server.. so HF. Report anything unusual... lol.

I have had a few problems with people telling me to go [censored] myself, hehe.  This has cause the D/L's to be... delayed. I will fix this, however... and you can expect to be on by tonight. Maybe I can call my Time warner and get some more webspace... Ill host the D/L myself. Again, my apologie. I fully expected and had planned to have this taken care of, but had an unexpected twist of events.... Despite the slight delay, I stayed up late and did my best to debug thr installer so we are a D/L away from playing...

Im tired... so off to bed with me. See you all tomorrow afternoon...  

I think most of us would just like to see SG3 go up when it's absolutely ready.  If there's anything that AOTK taught us, it's that the only time-table for a servers start that is worth a damn is the one which sees a server go up when it is fully tested and deemed ready.  AOTK was fun...but I think a lot of the stuff that went on could have been avoided with more server and shiplist testing.

Hang in there, Dizz....and to anyone who is TRULY telling Dizzy to go [censored] himself, well....STFU, eh?  The guy is busting his arse here...

Dizzy

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2003, 01:28:20 pm »
Ok, talked to scipio and he may have the dl ready that will also install the scripts, hurray!

Frey XC will fire up the server on Xenocorps machine and we are set ti go. He will also post the D/L's when they are finished 2night.

Karnak and Tracey are AWOL, and it came at a bad time... cuz I really needed them to help finish this final phase. But I got Frey and fluf and scipio helping now, all is ok.

Maybe tracey found Karnak and stepped on him? Or maybe Karnak stuck her with his poinson tipped forked tongue and killer her? Who knows... who cares? SG3 Beta test server is on its way.

XC is working on a website as well. I'd fully expect SG3 to run thru with the beta this week and next to be ready to go live on Friday...

Ok, gotta go!

Sfaret

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2003, 01:53:01 pm »
Dizzy,

As some who has played or helped with many servers over these years, I helped SFCShadow with his origianl SFC Online concept, I can tell you no matter how hard you work there will always be a few that hate the effort. But for evey complainer there are 10 people who genuinely appreciate your work. It is for those that you really put in the time.

It is for those 10 plus that I say we are greatful for the time and energy you have committed. We salute for you for your efforts and committment.

S'faret

Hondo_8

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2003, 02:42:20 pm »
Take your time Dizzy, yes we might be crack whores who are like a bunch of retards at the Zoo with Damaged for a tour Guide (This suxs That suxs time to get on the short bus) We all know you been busting your hump and been sex deprived for eons now, take your wife out for a nice dinner, spend the eavning in a hot tub, and then when its all good and ready move into the garage for a few weeks and Lets have some fun!. Besides just post some more pics of the slave girls for us to drool over.  

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2003, 06:14:25 pm »
Quote:

Besides just post some more pics of the slave girls for us to drool over.  

Drool away buddy.

Damn J'inn and Gwarlock pimping me to the Romulans.

RP Thread