Topic: Is SG3 Kaput?  (Read 1308 times)

J'inn

Is SG3 Kaput?
« on: May 10, 2003, 09:16:39 am »
Last I heard it was coming along fine.     But Karnak seems to imply it's dead.

Is it??

Dizzy?

Whazzup?

jimmi7769

Re: Is SG3 Kaput?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 09:34:45 am »
we're just testing right now anyways right??

trying to find the bugs before the real thing.  

Seems a bug has been found.

I truly doubt that God has Smited the campaign because of some bad feelings(real or imagined) toward Karnak.

Walleye

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 10:21:04 am »
If Dizzy really was up for three days I bet he is still sleeping.

Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 10:48:34 am »
I just woke up...

Me and karnak stayed up all night debugging this installer so it works good.

Along the way, Karnak and I had a long talk.  He means well and is a great contributor to the game and the community, but he totally comes across the wrong way. It'd be a shame that ppl cant see thru that. Fortunately... I just pretend I am a vulcan when dealing with him, so his slanders and emotional outburts he is so frequently prone to do not bother me in the slightest.

I think his skills as a mission writer and server admin are totally underappreciated.

Well, this isnt really the best place for this...

Getting back to the thread, No SG3 is fine. I dont know if I can get the installer that karnak fixed last nigh with my help... He may not be able to cooperate cuz of his situation. If he cant, then we just have to wait for scipio.

This is just the beta. SG3 has plenty of time to test b4 its planned launch on Fri.

JMM

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 10:58:21 am »
Agreed Dizzy, I remember how people reacted to you sometimes (myself included), and I think Karnak is going through that phase right now. I've chilled out a LOT since other campaigns, and have learned to live by the rule "He/She that is without sin let them cast the first stone." Not many of us left in D2 can say we are without one sin or another when it comes to D2.  

KOTH-Steel Claw

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 11:25:45 am »
Quote:

Agreed Dizzy, I remember how people reacted to you sometimes (myself included), and I think Karnak is going through that phase right now. I've chilled out a LOT since other campaigns, and have learned to live by the rule "He/She that is without sin let them cast the first stone." Not many of us left in D2 can say we are without one sin or another when it comes to D2.  

::mutters to self::

"Now, should I pick up a round stone or a flat stone. Hmmmmm. "

::light bulb goes off::

::A little louder::

"Ohhhhhh, without sin. Damn!"

::drops choice stone, shuffles off::

EDIT: If you need a beta tester, give me a holler.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 11:27:44 am by KOTH-Steel Claw »

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 12:59:19 pm »
Quote:

<snip>

I think his skills as a mission writer and server admin are totally underappreciated.
<snip>

I dunno by whom.  Most people seem to dig his missions and appreciate his work as a scripter.  If anyone can find anything that's evidence of the contrary, I'd love to see it.  As for the server admin part...I dunno about that, either...haven't heard anything negative...and I haven't seen any of his work go live yet, either.  

Good to hear SG3 is still on track, though.  

KRolling

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 04:54:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

::mutters to self::

::light bulb goes off::

::A little louder::

"Ohhhhhh, without sin. Damn!"

::drops choice stone, shuffles off::

EDIT: If you need a beta tester, give me a holler.

Two pointed ones, and a bag of the round.

Fluf

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 08:33:18 pm »
Im working on it now.  Hope to have something going by tomorrow.  Frey, Scipio and I will get something up. Oh and its all MY FAULT!

Mike H

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2003, 12:02:27 am »
Quote:

...And a packet o' gravel

Hurry up, Brian!  You'll' be late for the stonin'

« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 12:04:10 am by Mike H »

TheMaverick

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2003, 05:01:20 am »
Quote:

Im working on it now.  Hope to have something going by tomorrow.  Frey, Scipio and I will get something up. Oh and its all MY FAULT!  

Good Fluffy... Coming to terms with your problem is the first step to recovery