Topic: OP+ corrections thread  (Read 68373 times)

Mr. Hypergol

Re: OP+ corrections thread
« Reply #540 on: July 17, 2003, 05:56:18 pm »

Quote:

There aren't any models with the OP+ stuff... yet.  

So are you planning to use Fleetdock13's SFB based models only, or possibly a mixture of SFB, TMP, etc.

If you are planning to make an OP+ "mod" with appropriate SFB models I am absolutely salivating at this idea.

I am most impressed by your adherance to the spirit of SFB in your OP+ shiplist.  Your attention to detail is the best I've seen.  Absolutely excellent work.  

FireSoul

« Reply #541 on: July 17, 2003, 06:00:23 pm »
I'm probably going to stick to taldren-like models if I use them. it's all a question of doing the work, and what's involved when using all sorts of models from people.

-- Luc

IndyShark

« Reply #542 on: July 17, 2003, 08:22:10 pm »
Firesoul,  I was surprised to see the F-NDC has a top speed of 29.5. That seems slow for a NCA variant with no photon torpedoes. I know you are very thorough, but is there any chance this is wrong?  I enjoy playing Coop Ace with NCD+'s and this one was a surprise. (Not your fault, but damn I wish they added a few more warp points!)

FireSoul

« Reply #543 on: July 18, 2003, 05:51:56 pm »
Quote:

Firesoul,  I was surprised to see the F-NDC has a top speed of 29.5. That seems slow for a NCA variant with no photon torpedoes. I know you are very thorough, but is there any chance this is wrong?  I enjoy playing Coop Ace with NCD+'s and this one was a surprise. (Not your fault, but damn I wish they added a few more warp points!)  

I'm afraid it's accurate. It's got 30 warp, 4 Impulse engines. No APR/AWR. Movement Cost of 1. That means what's missing is taken up by "house keeping".

On the SSD, the AWR was converted to Cargo for drone storage. (50 more drones spaces per cargo box, 4 boxes.)
-- Luc

KHHJakle

« Reply #544 on: July 18, 2003, 06:33:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

There aren't any models with the OP+ stuff... yet.  

So are you planning to use Fleetdock13's SFB based models only, or possibly a mixture of SFB, TMP, etc.

If you are planning to make an OP+ "mod" with appropriate SFB models I am absolutely salivating at this idea.

I am most impressed by your adherance to the spirit of SFB in your OP+ shiplist.  Your attention to detail is the best I've seen.  Absolutely excellent work.  

Firesoul using Taldren-like models makes sense, even  if only for logistical reasons.  In order to make the new models fit seamlessly, they have to 'fit' the rest of the games models.  To use SFB models for the new ships, lets say the Battle Tugs, they would stick out like sore thumbs.  That is unless you replace all those other models with their SFB equivelants too.  

You say you salivate at that idea?  I was bitten by that same bug after discovering Fleetdock's SFB mods.  It took alot of time, but I eventually downloaded all of them and modified Firesouls shiplist to draw on them, to create my own little SFB mod.

It's like 17 MB zipped.  This is the strongest case for finding a handful of Taldren like models to fill in for the really different ships (like tugs).  

To me, the VARIETY of ship models are really what makes using Fleetdocks models so sweet.  Also the fact that the slight variations between different hulls that really showcase the differences between different ships, like NCL's and NCA's.  That and I hate the Taldren D5 compared to the ADB(SFB) D5.  

At the same time, I have received comments from those who I have shared my mod with (I had to burn it on disks and mail it out) that the models are 'drab' compared to Taldren's.  I think Fleetdock's models are actually higher polygon models, but they are SFB based ie TOS based - and I guess you can say that the TOS ENterprise is 'drab' compared to the TMP Enterprise.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 06:34:30 pm by KHHJakle »

FireSoul

« Reply #545 on: July 18, 2003, 10:51:18 pm »
Quote:

Yes.. That why I said I didn't think I could make everyone happy..
.. btw.. I'm up to 23 mb of chosen additional models, zipped.

TEASER ONLY
One thing that I've done is installed "old" style pre-refit ships.
For example:
F-CA -> Old style TOS FCA (FECA)
F-CA+ -> Current SFC FCA

That's just *1* thing out of many many.. please be patient .. I don't intend a release for a while.. maybe a month or more.

-- Luc

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #546 on: July 18, 2003, 11:04:45 pm »
O.k. just one more question Firesoul and I'll stop asking questions for a while.

Even though you are using Taldren-like models, are you considering using an "SFB style" Texas class CL instead of a DD model for the F-CL class of ships?  

Auron

« Reply #547 on: July 18, 2003, 11:05:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Yes.. That why I said I didn't think I could make everyone happy..
.. btw.. I'm up to 23 mb of chosen additional models, zipped.

TEASER ONLY
One thing that I've done is installed "old" style pre-refit ships.
For example:
F-CA -> Old style TOS FCA (FECA) L Matter
F-CA+ -> Current SFC FCA

That's just *1* thing out of many many.. please be patient .. I don't intend a release for a while.. maybe a month or more.

-- Luc  

Looks good.

FireSoul

« Reply #548 on: July 18, 2003, 11:10:31 pm »
Quote:

O.k. just one more question Firesoul and I'll stop asking questions for a while.

Even though you are using Taldren-like models, are you considering using an "SFB style" Texas class CL instead of a DD model for the F-CL class of ships?  

Can you send me a link to the Texas class ship? .. Is that the Daedelus?

FireSoul

« Reply #549 on: July 18, 2003, 11:12:24 pm »
Quote:

F-CA -> Old style TOS FCA (FECA)  L Matter

Ha. Ha.  

.. uhm.. Federation Early CA. FECA.
.. well.. yes, other races find it to be a big piece of [censored].

-- Luc

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #550 on: July 19, 2003, 09:19:47 am »

Quote:

Can you send me a link to the Texas class ship? .. Is that the Daedelus?  

No the Texas class Old CL is different from the Daedelus.  Check out this link to Fleetdock 13's fed section.  Look at the first ship in the "cruisers" section about the middle of the page...that is a good model for it:

http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/

The Daedelus would make a decent substitute for this ship, but the Daedelus is really an "exploration cruiser" more akin to the F-CA or F-GSC for it's time.  The Texas class is purely SFB.  The Daedalus was never officially incorporated into SFB that I know.

3dot14

« Reply #551 on: July 19, 2003, 10:05:22 pm »
Firesoul, do you have any plans for the fighter list? As I understand SFB has quite a few more fighter variants.

Holocat

« Reply #552 on: July 19, 2003, 10:48:28 pm »
Here's something odd.

I've been goofing around and running from Cleaven on Bonk's OP+ server.  

I've also been waiting alllll day for an HDWC1 or 2. (preferably 2).

The shipyard NEVER produces any HDW type other than the third one.  HDW3, HDWC3, HDWM3, etc.  Dunno if this is a problem with the server, or with the ship list, but i'll post it here and on bonk's server thread just to let everyone know.

You know, just in case anyone other than I ever actually use these things as career ships

Wheee!  It works, it works!  Now let me out of this drone NCL.

Holocat.

FireSoul

« Reply #553 on: July 20, 2003, 01:24:39 am »
Quote:

Firesoul, do you have any plans for the fighter list? As I understand SFB has quite a few more fighter variants.  

I don't intend to add SFB fighter variants as they don't really translate well for all races.
.. .. remember that this has been an expansion of the stock shiplist, from day 1.  

FireSoul

« Reply #554 on: July 20, 2003, 01:25:47 am »
Quote:

Here's something odd.

I've been goofing around and running from Cleaven on Bonk's OP+ server.  

I've also been waiting alllll day for an HDWC1 or 2. (preferably 2).

The shipyard NEVER produces any HDW type other than the third one.  HDW3, HDWC3, HDWM3, etc.  Dunno if this is a problem with the server, or with the ship list, but i'll post it here and on bonk's server thread just to let everyone know.

You know, just in case anyone other than I ever actually use these things as career ships

Wheee!  It works, it works!  Now let me out of this drone NCL.

Holocat.  

.. it must be the server and bad odds.  

Corbomite

« Reply #555 on: July 22, 2003, 08:44:43 am »
FS, the Gorn XCA doesn't show the E-Torps in the selection menu, although they are listed and do appear on the ship in combat.

Also, did you have to use the X ship UI for the tugs (noticed it on the Feds)? They were fine before IIRC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Corbomite »

Strafer

« Reply #556 on: July 22, 2003, 10:57:02 am »
Quote:

did you have to use the X ship UI for the tugs (noticed it on the Feds)? They were fine before IIRC.

That's been there for a while, it's the only UI with the necessary # of visible mounts.

FireSoul

« Reply #557 on: July 22, 2003, 03:11:34 pm »
Quote:

FS, the Gorn XCA doesn't show the E-Torps in the selection menu, although they are listed and do appear on the ship in combat.

I don't understand..  ..huh?

Quote:

Also, did you have to use the X ship UI for the tugs (noticed it on the Feds)? They were fine before IIRC.

Lack of mounts.. and only 1 or 2 tugs have that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 03:14:12 pm by FireSoul »

jimmi7769

« Reply #558 on: July 22, 2003, 04:19:14 pm »
I just looked the the Klingon HF5 SSD and noted that the Boom Phasers are P-1's and not P-2's.

I always wondered why the Klingons would put crappy P-2's on such an advanced ship.

Good to know they didn't.

FireSoul

« Reply #559 on: July 22, 2003, 04:26:35 pm »
I guess that happened during a conversion from a normal F5.
FA ph2s -> ph1s.

Fix will of course appear in next revision of shiplist... uhh.. mod.. uhh.. whatever.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 04:34:34 pm by FireSoul »