Topic: Ship special role settings  (Read 2374 times)

Rogue

Ship special role settings
« on: April 15, 2003, 11:21:19 pm »
What I am doing is putting the finishing work into a complete SFB model set for SFC2. Thanks to the specs being available from OP+ refit shiplist (thank you FireSoul!) I've got the specs and models for all of the tugs, battle tugs and light tactical transports. (Even if I did have to manufacture the Fed LBT). The problem I am having is the game engine almost always chooses the new tugs as an opponent almost exclusively. My question is can this be addressed by changing the role to perhaps R for restricted? What does role TG mean? (This is the setting in the first tab of Ship Edit for special role)  Any insight that can be shared would be appreciated.  

ancientangel

Re: Ship special role settings
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 12:11:28 pm »
I have no clue ...and I do not think anyone actallu took the time to figure out how the game engine picks ships using the special role information.

Rogue

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 03:12:07 pm »
Appreciate the reply anyway. I might try R for restricted and see how it plays.  

NuclearWessels

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 05:26:42 pm »
If I understand it correctly, the "special" hull type designation will usually prevent a ship from being drafted, while the "R" designation for special roles will  allow it to be drafted but it will not appear in shipyards.  I've never explicitly tested it though.

dave

Rogue

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 07:34:30 pm »
Ah, there's an idea. The special designation for ship class hadn't occured to me. I'll try it. I extracted the specs for all of the tugs and light tactical transports from FireSouls OP+refit shiplist and matched them with the models. They all were TG for special role (TG = Tug?). Looks like experimenting and guessing will have to do. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, since I've finished the final version of my SFB mod I loaded all of your scripts to see how they play. Look forward to seeing how they worked out.

Great big Qa' Pla at ya.