Topic: Replacing shuttles  (Read 2857 times)

Darktide

Replacing shuttles
« on: April 07, 2003, 01:29:57 pm »
Ok, today I had my first go at editing any of the game settings. I wanted to make it so that you could launch other ships instead of the standard shuttles. This  would mean...Cubes launching spheres, fed ships delta flyers etc etc. You get the idea. I managed to make this work fairly easily but..... the new 'shuttles' are still just shuttles. Even when a cube launched a full sphere with borg lv 5 armour it still got blown up in 2 shots from a type 10 fed phaser. There must be a generic hit point value that is applied to all shuttles, is this hard coded or can we change it. Someone must know?  

Darktide

Re: Replacing shuttles
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 02:05:53 pm »
After a little thought, I figured out the 'shuttle' damage thing. In the defaultcore.txt dont list its class as 'SH', I listed a sphere as a 'DN' and once launched it took loads of hits. What actually happened was, once launched you no longer control it via the shuttle console, but the fleet menu. So you cant tell it to return, but it works fine. Or seems to anyways. So now my Cube can launch a single ai sphere, just like in 'first contact'  

rdwhitley

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 04:06:16 pm »
What did you edit to get the different ships to launch?

Thanks for your help.

MarianoDT

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 05:22:54 pm »
Quote:

Thanks for your help.

I guess he is talking about changing the DefaultCore and DefaultLoadOut shuttle section to match a diferent directory.
The problem is that you will launch spheres (or whatever directory you set) from every type of ship.
Imagine launching Spheres from a Pyramid or an assimilator!!!!

Even that, it is a good point. I´ve changed the Fed Shuttle directory to use the Type9 Shuttle. It is very cool.....

Darktide

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 06:53:02 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for your help.

I guess he is talking about changing the DefaultCore and DefaultLoadOut shuttle section to match a diferent directory.
The problem is that you will launch spheres (or whatever directory you set) from every type of ship.
Imagine launching Spheres from a Pyramid or an assimilator!!!!

Even that, it is a good point. I´ve changed the Fed Shuttle directory to use the Type9 Shuttle. It is very cool.....

Yes you will launch spheres from every borg vessel, so all i did was not allow other ships access to shuttles. So...only the cube can launch the 'borg queens yacht'    

Darktide

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 07:02:48 pm »
Quote:

Thanks for your help.

this is a line from the defaultcore.txt...

50   *(DN)   4800   7500   5750   8600   2350   6500   0   Borg-Shuttle   BorgSphere   PrimaryHP:1:330_30:2:30_90:3:90_150:4:150_210:5:210_270:6:270_330:7:0_360:8:0_360:9:330_30   HeavyHP:12:330_30:13:330_30:14:30_90:15:270_330:16:150_210:17:150_210   HullHP:1:2:3   BridgeHP:1:2   ship   Mines:0:0:0   Marines:0:0:0   Shuttles:0:0:0
and this is the defaultLoadout.txt....

Borg   Borg-Shuttle   Borg Shuttle   BorgSphere         B-TRACTOR-IV:3   B-TRANSPORTER-I:1   B-ARMOR-V:2   B-COMPUTER-IV:1   B-WARP-VII:1   B-IMPULSE-III:2   B-THRUSTER-III:3   MEDIUM CUTTING BEAM:1   MEDIUM CUTTING BEAM:2   MEDIUM CUTTING BEAM:3   MEDIUM CUTTING BEAM:5   MEDIUM CUTTING BEAM:6   GRAVIMETRIC TORPEDO:12   GRAVIMETRIC TORPEDO:13   GRAVIMETRIC TORPEDO:14   GRAVIMETRIC TORPEDO:15   GRAVIMETRIC TORPEDO:17   OFFICER:ENGINEER:   OFFICER:SECURITY:   OFFICER:HELM:   OFFICER:OPS:   OFFICER:TACTICAL:   OFFICER:MEDICAL:

* this is the part on normal shuttles that is  classed as (SH), when I first tried this with the sphere it would only take 2 shots from a fed type 10 phaser to kill it. Must be something hard coded somewhere relating to ship class, cos it had borg lv5 armour but still died easily. After changing this, once launched it acts like a normal ai sphere and is contolled from the fleet menu.

I did it with a delta flyer too for fed ships, very cool. Classed as FF's. Better than those rubbish shuttles    

MarianoDT

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 12:34:08 pm »
I think this is a must have for all mods....
The standard shuttles are too weak. And without the shuttle variety as in the previous versions.....well.....it is almost useless to buy shuttles.
I´d prefer less but stronger shuttles than a lot of mosquitoes flying around you...

Captain KoraH

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 11:26:47 pm »
Hey Darktide, if you ever read this, send me those text files again. Ive been trying to duplicate this with absolutely no success.