Topic: Check this out........  (Read 2983 times)

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
Check this out........
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:31:50 am »
EDIT: Resolved.

Does anyone know how to contact Rick Knox?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:53:24 am by TheStressPuppy »

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
Re: Check this out........
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:24:35 am »
*waves* to the Stresspuppy how you doing mate :)

i`ll take alook at there srceenshots later too see if i can spot anything its abit hard to tell these days
as alot of models now look alike as people get better at it

as for Rick Knox we not seen him in years

DD

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:24:37 am »
Doing good Drone. Finally out of my technological blackout lol I had no internet since new years until now.

MyFist0 asked me if you can send him some meshes in .obj format with UV's, because milkshape wont load them up. I told him MS3d has a 10k limit, but it seems its only 4700 for him lol. Anyways please get with him when you can ;)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:22:21 pm »
I'd like to have these ships from this mod for SFC please:

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/22/21329/thumb_620x2000/MWshot4.jpg Crystal Monster and Romulan Cruiser

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/22/21329/thumb_620x2000/ScreenShot_407.jpg Klingon Fighter

Thank you for pointing this out TheStressPuppy.

Qapla!

P.S. No D-10 Riskadh by FuryofaSeraph in ST: Armada 3? Seriously?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:43:23 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 12:01:41 am »
a 10k limit, but it seems its only 4700 for him

Sorry for going offtopic a little here StressPuppy, but what did you mean concerning this?? Did you mean poly count limit or something else??

Now to back on topic. I've been following that project for a great deal of time now and I do know that Wileycoyote is one of their main modellers so anything you see claimed as his, most likely is. Also just as a point in case, Maxloef was pretty active in the Bridge Commander community (where I've seen his work from) so I would go so far as to stick my neck out and say the work probably is theirs. The only way you could really check for sure is to grab the mod and reverse convert a model or two and compare against any others from what you believe could be the source materials.

Just my penny for thought.

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:47:17 am »
Poly counts. I was able to port in 6k to 10k+ but there are some meshes that just wont load in Milkshape. No matter the poly counts

If we are certain its their work, or they are properly crediting 3rd party work. Then no harm, No foul. Just wanted to ease some peoples minds. I am also familiar with Wiley Coyotes work.

I just didn't want to see another sh*t storm like we had here some time ago. I am calling this issue resolved.

I'm sure if you ask they will let you convert those models. I'm still using Moonraker/Atrahasis d-10 o.0
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:58:17 am by TheStressPuppy »

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 01:19:43 am »
Strange. I've imported models (autodesk 3ds mind you) of up to around 250,000 but that could be just down to the fact that I'm using the maximum amount of memory that XP will use for my pc. I mean the star destroyer I'm working on is likely to end up over 8k and my Atlantis city ship is just over 20k which was created using a model that was over 300,000 polys which was imported okay.

Offline myfist0

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 12:14:52 pm »
Its the Milkshape plugin that is limited, not sure why, but I did read the limit somewhere, and it seems all the higher poly count models crash when importing to Milkshape. I did find some plugins for 3dsMax, but they are 10 years old and good luck find 3dsMax ver 3 to 5  :buck2:

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 04:42:09 pm »
Depends, if like me you still work with 3dmax 5  ;)