Topic: U.S.S. Kilimanjaro  (Read 4892 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
U.S.S. Kilimanjaro
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:00:23 am »
Not mine, found it on a free website, will need conversion to game.

http://www.trekmeshes.ch/meshes/download.php?Format=LWO&Filename=USSKILI&anticache=1144219980

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: U.S.S. Kilimanjaro
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:13:42 am »
I have seen this to not bad would be nice in game.There is ToS variant of it as well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:55:26 pm by Age »

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 06:08:14 pm »
Ehh. Maybe I'm crazy but I can't help seeing people walking upside down with these Kitbashes. I know there's artificial gravity but I hate it when people take a Frankenstein approach to a ship. Little bit of this, turn that around, add that and Wah La!

Why would they be walking upsidedown? If you look at the secondary hull, it's in the upright position. Very well thought out by the modeller. ;)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 03:10:25 pm »
Here is pic of the TOS version and the BC probably has the sec. hull it s on the bottom never seen it.This is far better than JJs.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »
It's better than the PoS that JJ put on the big screen, but that isn't saying much, is it?
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 05:48:37 pm »
Although I'm late to the party, I've got to agree with Adam on this.  I've never been especially fond of this type of hull rearrangement - she's pretty much just a jigsawed Enterprise with an amputation in my eyes.

Anyway, nice to see you guys are still around.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 12:05:12 pm »
Well, from that perspective, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to route the plasma from the drive core (above the saucer) through the saucer to get to the nacelle.  A lot of extra risk that Federation designers don't usually like to take.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)