Topic: Was wondering if you modelers might be interested in this , Wasteland 2...  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Just happened across it today, and thought, Hey I know some great guys who might like to make a few bucks. Of course, I have no idea what all goes into the talent you have, but well, here it is men.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/wasteland-project/1226835p1.html

All of you made Wasteland 2 possible by contributing a whopping $3 million through Kickstarter. Brian Fargo and the folks at inXile want you to chip in again, this time to help actually make the post-apocalyptic RPG. In what appears to be an industry first, inXile is opening up the creative process to put the development of Wasteland 2's assets in the hands of the fans.

Here's how it works: each week, inXile will post concept art on the official Wasteland 2 website. If you've got 3D modeling skills, you can select a piece of art, turn it into an asset, and submit it to inXile. If the studio selects your work, it won't just be used in Wasteland 2, you'll be paid for it.

To make this possible, inXile has partnered with Unity, and artists can use the Wasteland 2 Unity test scene to see how their models actually look in the game before they submit. Interested? You can download the latest version of Unity for free here.

Fargo promised fans would be directly involved in the creation of Wasteland 2, but I never thought fans would actually help create Wasteland 2. Looking forward to seeing how this unique crowdsourcing endeavor turns out.

------------

If nothing else , it is something new, and I believe worthy of some discussion.

Have a great weekend all

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
Re: Was wondering if you modelers might be interested in this , Wasteland 2...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 05:21:00 am »
This may very well be relevant to my interests, will have to check it out.  ;)
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
LMAO. I have Wasteland STILL! On 5.25" disks, lol.Never threw them away!

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
I love it Dizzy. Shoot, I played the heck out of this on the old C-64.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War