Topic: Could Someone Post on BattleClinic...  (Read 6884 times)

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
Could Someone Post on BattleClinic...
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:38:54 pm »
Hi, all. I have recently started playing SFC OP again, and was wondering if someone had the old P81 Federation class dreadnought. Looks just like the attached pic, but has a 3rd nacelle. It would be nice if anyone had it to share on the community docks at BattleClinic.

Thanks!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
Re: Could Someone Post on BattleClinic...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:40:40 pm »
Looks great.  Good example of the BCG.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:15 pm »
I use it for a command cruiser, personally. If you don't have this two-nacelled version, go here: http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=2696

Hopefully, someone has the original three nacelled-version in their archives.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:00:15 am »
I looked, no luck. There is a pair or three I believe, two for sure, of Federation class DNs by P81 on Battleclinic just not looking like this. Closest I've seen to it is the one by WZ at Demon Renegade Studios which has the same neck and the double dock at the back of the bridge.

Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

yochenhsieh

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:07:47 am »
Hi, all. I have recently started playing SFC OP again, and was wondering if someone had the old P81 Federation class dreadnought. Looks just like the attached pic, but has a 3rd nacelle. It would be nice if anyone had it to share on the community docks at BattleClinic.

Thanks!
search for the Dynaverse II pack. That ship is in there along with many other ships by P81.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »
I looked, no luck. There is a pair or three I believe, two for sure, of Federation class DNs by P81 on Battleclinic just not looking like this. Closest I've seen to it is the one by WZ at Demon Renegade Studios which has the same neck and the double dock at the back of the bridge.
Thanks for checking. I have the WZ one; the lines are great, but the textures need some updating. Withe the GaFY textures, P81's looks a bit better in game, in my opinion.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:19:13 pm »

Thanks!
search for the Dynaverse II pack. That ship is in there along with many other ships by P81.
The Dynaverse II pack has the Star League class dreadnought, not the smaller Federation class dreadnought. 

Offline Rogue NineCH

• Rogue Starship Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Rogue Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 02:58:11 am »

Thanks!
The Dynaverse II pack has the Star League class dreadnought, not the smaller Federation class dreadnought. 

I'll check my collection this weekend, I collected P81's ships religiously back in the day and I might have that one. However I don't want to give you false hope, it's been years since I even looked at that collection and I am going entirely off of memory.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 11:28:51 am »
Rogue, thanks for taking a look. Much appreciated!

Offline Rogue NineCH

• Rogue Starship Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Rogue Shipyards
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 03:34:06 am »
Sorry Chrystoff it looks I don't have that version of the Federation Class, the best version I have is WZ's Masterpiece. I must have missed that one when P81 posted it.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »
No worries! Thanks for looking!  ;D

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 08:31:57 pm »
the only one I have is this version left, I know one existed I just did not keep a copy of the re-texture on it
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 08:39:57 pm »
if you down load the ascension you can get the center engine form there if you want to rekitbash it
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 09:39:31 am »
Thanks, GaFY. I suck at kit-bashing, but I may give it a shot.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 07:54:57 am »
Sorry Chrystoff
 Searched my files and that was one that I missed.  I spent a good part of yesterday looking for it  :(

I guess  I'll have to see if I can kitbash it together.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 08:56:56 am »
Chrystoff
 When I import the Balson FCC+ into GMAX it shows an untextured Nacelle and its connection points  ;D. If we can get someone to reapply
texture maps to those missing areas we will get a Federation class model. funnything is when I view the model in the Taldren model viewer there is
no hint of the warp nacelle and connection point.  Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain this to a noobe  :)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 11:16:54 am »
Chrystoff
 When I import the Balson FCC+ into GMAX it shows an untextured Nacelle and its connection points  ;D. If we can get someone to reapply
texture maps to those missing areas we will get a Federation class model. funny thing is when I view the model in the Taldren model viewer there is
no hint of the warp nacelle and connection point.  Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain this to a noobe  :)

I don't know enough about GMax to say why but my guess is it was edited out in a different program like MfcSfcEd, which would remove the engine in a way that the mod file would except but a different program might still see. Either way reapplying texture maps is a pain at best, in Milkshape at least it was easier to find the part you wanted and delete the rest save that part and import it to the ship you wanted it on, max worked the same way.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 11:53:57 am »
Hi, Guys. GaFY is right. That 3rd nacelle was indeed edited out via MfcSfcEd. I know, 'cause I'm the one who did it, lol. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no clue how to reverse that process. In the words of Spock, "As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy than create." :knuppel2:

Bernard, thanks for your effort in looking, and for being open to potentially kitbashing a new one.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 11:01:22 am »
Dumb question but isn't that model already in the D2 pack?

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »
I think that the Star League is in the D2 model pack