Topic: The "The Elder Scrolls V" Skyrim " Thread (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
The "The Elder Scrolls V" Skyrim " Thread (Possible Spoilers)
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:38:24 pm »
The new one from Bethesada. Figured I would make a post here to see who all has grabbed it, and to let peeps know, that Direct2drive.com has it for $53.95. That's a few bucks cheaper than the other places.

Anyways, I had a friend gift it to me just a few hours ago, And man, I wish he had done so earlier.  Showing 8 hours left on my Download LOL.

So, let this be the place for Tips, Spoilers, etc. etc.

And Let us hope this game is as good as the previous ones.

Stephen

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: The "The Elder Scrolls V" Skyrim " Thread (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:55 pm »
Just got a good deal on the PC Collector's Edition at New Egg!

(I buy one PC game CE a year for my birthday - even though that is not until Oct. - but this one seemed worth supporting from what I have read)

Unfortunately - I have not yet started Morrowind GOTY edition - because my computer is not really up to spec for running it with the new updated graphics mod - so at this rate I expect to start Skyrim in 2017 or so.

Enjoying Thief gold edition however right now - (with its graphics update mod installed) - man that game is a blast!

;)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:11:34 am »
It is fun. For some reason last night, I spent 10 minutes making a human Centipede out of dead rogues. Then it hit me, why did I just spend 10 minutes of my life doing this? Outside of it was funny as hell.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:17 am »
Haha - Nice!

I love open world games precisely for the ability to do things just like that!

8)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »
The thing is, I never even seen the movie, the thought of it repulsed me, However, I did see the southpark episode with the Centi-pad from apple.

Stephen

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »
Skyrim is awesome.

However,

Fighting the "random" dragons after about the third or fourth one becomes tedious. Just seems like the buggers are everywhere... Don't get me wrong, you need the souls to make the shouts work, and the Dragon Armor looks cool so the bones and scales are good to have... Its just hearing that roar or seeing the ominous shadow and knowing you have to drop everything and get the dragon...

A good part is the ability to do whatever you like, however you like; and get skill-ups based on what you do (unlike, say, Fallout 3 or New Vegas where you have to choose what you need - kill 100 ghouls and get better at Lockpick...?) - and this is improved on over Oblivion where only a portion of your skills (based on the class you choose) actually go towards leveling up (but you still can do anything).

The best part is that because its on Steam, and all the save games can be saved in "the cloud", I can play anywhere I have an internet connection from right where I left off.

The second best parts: it gave me an excuse to upgrade my vid card from an ATI Radeon 3550 to a 6770, and (if the rumors are true about Fallout 4 using the same game engine) the catalyst to get off my duff, save some pennies and upgrade from a P4 & matching board to something a bit more modern.
US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy