Poll

How are you filling your SFC time?

I have moved on to another stage of life and rarely touch modding, let alone the game.
13 (31%)
I am heavily involved in modelling/modding another game. (Please specify which.)
1 (2.4%)
I have been frustrated and insulted and will never touch Star Trek or Starfleet Command again!
0 (0%)
I have been lurking and waiting for inspiration. Where is it?
27 (64.3%)
What are you talking about? Starfleet Command is my LIFE! I just post on a different website. (Please say where.)
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Topic: Where did everyone go?  (Read 15960 times)

intermech

Where did everyone go?
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:27:16 am »
I've never been the one to take a hint that the party is over. Can someone please help me out here, or show me the door. THANKS!

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Re: Where did everyone go?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:06:09 pm »
I couldn't find an answer in that poll that really reflects my sit, so I went with "What are you talking about" but am close to "lurking" as well.

I can't effectively model or code, and I have been rather busy work- and vacation-wise this summer, but I check in here frequently. I have been doing some of my own modding of shipllist stuff, that's on the backburner now but hope to share it at some point this year. I consider my self very lucky that there are other modellers sharing their work - thanks again to you all - and hope someday soon to figure out some C++ to generate some OP scripts.

I have experience, ideas and opinions which I try to share to anyone who wants to hear them.

I am into the World of Star Trek for the long haul. I have turned my back entirely on Star Fleet Battles and prefer these SFC games in all their iterations. Of all/any fan communities I've joined over the years, this one here at Dynaverse is the only was I've stayed with and plan to stay with. I'll be here.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »
Closest one for me was "lurking and waiting for inspiration", but the reality is "lurking and hoping for time to mod".  Inspiration isn't the problem, lack of time is.  My Daleks are needing a coat of paint and their complete pack needs to ship.  My TARDIS interiors need the painters tape to be removed (after that's done) all the exteriors are done and four of the interiors are as well, my Spacedock needs some windows.  My Jaggoroth ship is getting dusty with cobwebs, and so much stuff sitting waiting for me to.. get time to do it.  :p

Doesn't help that my wife gets freaked out whenever I get on the computer either, even if I check email, I've spent too long on the computer because that's my day job as well.  :p :p

I'm hoping to get some time off at home alone to try and get some projects completed, but even my weekends are being consumed at this point with her projects.  My car has been driving around with partial bondo on it for almost a month and a half now.  :/

..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:18:54 pm »
hmmmm

Where to begin!

1.  A lot of things for me has changed.  Married over 38 years now:  family has moved for several years now!  Grand kids are fun !
2.  I'm able to do my own 3-D modeling now ...  ( just need to learn how to unwrap the thing so I can texture my own stuff)
3.  I still work an average of 55 to 60 hours a week  ( I guess that will not change for a while yet )
4.  I love the original version of SFC-OP ( minus the bugs ... and with a couple of cool ships added to the ship list ).
5.  I would love even more to fly a few missions with some old friends:  Capt. Ken, Spartan, Retribution, Nanner Slug, Rolling.  Beat up on Fluff and a couple others while having my butt handed to me by anyone of a number of folks  ( a list too long to publish )...  What???  you don't think I know what was going on??  HAHAHA !    Hey:  It was still great.  I only wish I had the skill then that I do now.  I might have been of some actual good use to others around me !

One of these days someone will mess around and come up with another Trek game worth playing.  IMHO if you took SFC-OP , SWTOR and STO ...  shook them up (with SFC-OP being the primary driver) ...  hmmm  that might be interesting to see what would shake out !
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline The Northern Star

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:30:40 am »
So much going on, so little time. Had a small family emergency pull me away a while back and never really got back to REALITY! I intend to finish my Klingon re-textures though . . . and I'd love to go at the Gorn as well.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 12:17:36 pm »
I'm still having PC problems so I'm just hoping I haven't lost anything

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 01:13:43 am »
YES he lives ....

Tis I MP.

Life has thrown me a curve, health is a true issue. I stop bye from time to time to see whats going on but I can do no more than that. Since my last release I have undergone 13 major surgeries. The last being 06 Aug 12.

Keep at it guys, and live long and prosper !!! However....as we all age this may become live long and prostate   :laugh: I still kill me....be well peeps

-MP
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:10:57 pm by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:59:30 pm »
YES he lives ....

Tis I MP.

Life has thrown me a curve, health is a true issue. I stop bye from time to time to see whats going on but I can do no more than that. Since my last release I have undergone 13 major surgeries. The last being 06 Aug 12.

Keep at it guys, and live long and prosper !!! However....as we all age this may become live ling and prostate   :laugh: I still kill me....be well peeps

-MP

[/rubbs eyes]  holly cow !

I hope you do get better soon old friend !  Take care !
[/salute]
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 03:58:49 pm »
Aw! Sad times it seems...
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »
Get better M.P.  We are in your corner rooting for you.  :)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 08:42:20 am »
I never disappeared... i just lurk more
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 10:41:20 am »
Roaming...
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 02:38:02 pm »
just stumbled in here wondering if people were still around. i dont get to play SFC anymore found a new hobby as some of you may know (paper craft models) and i am doing pretty well at it. i have published a few models to my community and stopped by for a little inspiration for my next build. if any have an interest in that stop by at http://www.papermodelers.com. its amazing what can be done with paper and glue. i do mostly conversion from 3D format to paper.

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

intermech

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 07:52:17 am »
Wow, that's great wulf111. I have been messing with some 3D models to paper also. I work with a kids club that holds a pine wood derby each year and I've used paper models as the body sitting on the pine-wood chassis. They turn a lot of heads because you can put in far more detail with paper than a wood carving.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 02:34:05 pm »
Still nosing about ....

Offline maldo

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »
Hi! :D came back for the beta.

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 06:12:02 pm »
Wow, that's great wulf111. I have been messing with some 3D models to paper also. I work with a kids club that holds a pine wood derby each year and I've used paper models as the body sitting on the pine-wood chassis. They turn a lot of heads because you can put in far more detail with paper than a wood carving.

that's pretty awesome IM you should definitely check papermodlers for some great inspiration. if you jion up let me know so i can add you as a friend.

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 12:02:15 pm »
I guess I'm still here.  I don't play SFC anymore.  For one thing, all my systems are outdated and I can't log into Gamespy or Gameranger, so I gave up.  Didn't see a point playing a game only in solitare anymore.  I remember the "good old days" of Gamespy where we had some great tournaments with 4.0.  I really didn't like the X2 battles much, the basic era ships were a blast to compete with however. 

Nowadays, I occasionally stop by Fed Commander website and construct SFC models once in a while.  Thats about it.   

Just incase anyone is curious, no I am not that guy called "Magnum man" that some people ask me about.  Whats even more curious however, is that I"m also a self taught computer programmer as well.  Interesting eh!  ;)
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 12:18:07 pm »
Another thing I would like to point out is that I still have my original and "gold" version of SFC1.  I always thought SFC1 was the best for solitare play (even though the supernover explosions were a bit of an overkill in my opinon).
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:48 am »
My vote was i quit.

I have been lurking and waiting for inspiration topic . Where is it? You are a fan make it!

Fact is it is here now ! You public make your own trek! CBS is trying to kill it off.

The Trek is your own not mastered by others! If the fans dont use their glory Trek will die!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:05:09 am by Kreeargh »
Time for life!