Topic: Evil Lights  (Read 2505 times)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Evil Lights
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:19:16 pm »
Why does the federation put evil lights on its starships?  Why didn't Kirk realize that the Reliant had its evil lights on and act accordingly in Star Trek II?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Evil Lights
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:34:48 pm »
Shhhhhh plot device ;)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:37:54 pm »
What are evil lights?
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:55:53 pm »
Basically, they're red external lights on the Reliant, whose sole purpose was to make the ship appear more menacing because the studio was afraid that viewers might confuse the two ships during the battle scenes.  In particular, there's that red light on the ships bridge dome that went on when it first approached the Enterprise.

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 02:53:28 pm »
Hmmm...I never thought about that.  I wonder, when Enterprise goes on Red alert and has red lights inside the bridge...will it also have a red light.  Probably not...but...
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:49:00 pm »
Hmmm...I never thought about that.  I wonder, when Enterprise goes on Red alert and has red lights inside the bridge...will it also have a red light.  Probably not...but...

Well, I did notice the light the first time I saw the film when I was 8, although I didn't know the reason why until I watched the dvd special features.  The STII DVD was made before the studios started trying to kill the format.  As for this thread, its really the result of what happens when I'm slightly sleep deprived.