Topic: Please Read - D.Net needs your help!!!  (Read 7743 times)

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Please Read - D.Net needs your help!!!
« on: December 22, 2011, 12:38:38 pm »
We've been due for an update - long overdue.

Well, alright - here's the deal... I've been stewing on how to put this so I'm going to just say it out like it is because to do so in any other manner would disrespect you, our valued community members. We've journeyed a long road, D.Net, you and I -  and in this particular update your going to learn a couple things about me of a rather personal nature. If you wish to discuss any of these with me offline, I'm open to such (I'd prefer a phone call rather than a long dialog via PMs - you can send me a PM though to get started if you wish) but I DO NOT WANT SUCH HERE.

Please.  This isn't the place for it. If you read all the way through and don't just run to respond you'll see why.

Here... *offers hand*, let me hold your hand and let's walk for a bit. I have some secrets to tell.

1.) In the beginning of this year, as you all know, we had our house completely remodelled and in the process converted a small area in the garage into a server room (literally) for the DGA and D.Net / related services. This left my personal bank account pretty well wiped, but we had expected that TBH, because we got some nice stuff in the process of the renovation. We expected the continued costs throughout the rest of the year to kinda get things .. finished. If anyone has done the same, they understand what I mean.

What we didn't expect was....

2.) In April of 2011, I lost my job with Terremark, now Verizon, due to a government level background check.  :hoppinmad: I had been with the company for over 3 years. I have been unable to find a suitable place of employment since, due primarily to my inability to deal with the depression that has seemed to grip the very core of my being for the last several months.  I won't BS anyone, I'm frustrated and dealing with home issues involving the very quality of my life, as well as existential lessons I'm having put in my face over and over again, but refuse to accept.

I just want you to listen...or in this case, read. Let's keep walking, okay?

3.) I have been dealing with several personal health issues. While the reoccurrance of cancer was small and easily removed, the issues with my joints are increasing and I've become more and more dependant on over the counter analgesics to simply function daily. I sleep with the carpal tunnel braces on each wrist and it barely helps, and I'm usually dealing with headaches of which we don't really have any idea why. I've had several MRI's and two nerve tests. Ever had those? Not fun. This has contributed to my depression in many ways.

4.) To deal with the medical bills as well as just monthly bills Jan and I decided to cash in the 20K+ 401K I had with Terremark. I was going to either have to roll it into my IRA or do something anyways... and we really didn't have a choice once the 2 month agreement with Terremark ran out. This is what we've been surviving on, this and my wifes income from her job. It's gone, been gone for about two months now.

5.) My ex wife is suing me for more child support and petitioning the state to have it extended until my daughter is 21. My daughter will turn 18 on January 19th of 2012 and is suppose to graduate from High School that May of 2012.  My ex-wife is stating that this website, in addition to the others I run, constitute a huge income I am not reporting and thus attempting to fraud the State of Texas. I've had to go to Austin twice, and have to go again on January 25th.

One of the things that was brought into the light was that, after all of the money we've made this year, we're operating in a $6800 + debt.

Yes. That's right, I didn't stutter, my dear friend. Six thousand eight hundred plus dollars is what I'm paying for all this *waves around* after the donations, and the money we generate from our Store.

It's been this way for quite a while, and while this is absolutely wonderful for Court and to use against my lovely Ex and the State of Texas  :knuppel2:, it's a testimate to how much I put into this place, and everything we've done and worked to build together.While some might go off all stupid, I'm not. Some may say the payback was people like Bonk. Others, perhaps, would say it was someone else or something else.

I don't.  I say the payback is all of you - all of you that are still here, still holding this damned torch after all these years

And in that regard, I've got atleast two great annoucements. One is we've got a new programmer on board (had on board actually, for a while now, I just like to wait and make sure people stick around before saying stuff like this ;) )- and he's giving our codebase the look over, taking a look at what was said and what was actually DONE. This will allow him to get up to speed and begin working towards the goals we've all had - to see SFC : CE run on Windows 7, as well as the campaign system. To see our Online Campaign Interface launched and to debute our Vault - the repository of Captaincy career databases that will allow you to track your campaign history and service history as one and the same. To see the lists of updates and =possibilities= turned into realities. This individual has many years of experience, and I had the pleasure to converse with him via phone... and I'm telling you, from what I'm seeing, I think we're going to see some really good stuff, and soon.

The second is I'm pleased to announce Strat will be resuming his work in regards to testing the builds he's worked on, so please give him the assistance he may need!

So, now it comes to what D.net needs from you. What I "need" from you.

Here, sit down.

I won't lie - what I need you probably don't want to part with right now. We desperately need some additional funds to assist us with surviving through the New Year... or we may not make it through. I'm honestly not sure how much longer we can keep things going as they are, and while I had planned on asking for funding to get some much needed hardware (Second UPS, second MasterSwitch, larger backup HD's and 4 instead of 2 for alternating backups), at this point we're asking for it to just stay online.

So please, donate to the Dynaverse.Net Paypal account. Buy some games, pick up some stuff from the D.Net CafePress Store, or get a copy of our SFC OP Revised Strategy Guide.

But please, donate. Give so that we can continue. Give so that we can make everything we've been holding the torch for, for so long, a reality.

On behalf of all our staff we thank you sincerely for your dedication, contributions, and well wishes for this Holiday Season. We truly believe that with your help next year we'll all be here and celebrating in a much different fashion.

Regards,

Frey Petermeier
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:23:09 pm by FA Frey XC »
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
Re: Please Read - D.Net needs your help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »
As a reminder here, Dnet is still in need desperatly of funds, please help keep Dnet online!
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 07:30:32 pm »

Done.

As events allow I'll see what more I can do.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:23:47 pm »
$ help comeing soon !!!
Time for life!

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 01:10:28 am »
I'll toss some cash in after i get some classes payed for, prolly after payday.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 08:50:56 am »
YOU GUYS ROCK

Hope that small donation can help a little,

i have nothing but admiration for all you guys, The SFC series is the best stuff eva

TOC-Davey-E

p.s any chance of 10v10 multiplayers battles lol, cant wait to play a General War scenario ala below (translates to - i want to invade the Lyran Star Empire with my Kzinti Hordes)
http://www.coinich.com/starfleet/oclub/vg2/currentmap.gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »
Link comes out blank on my phone.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 12:47:54 pm »
hmmm

Try that    http://www.coinich.com/starfleet/oclub/vg2.php
its the top subject on the browser
works on my phone

Davey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 04:04:05 pm »
Got a few things I have to get through, but I'm hoping to be able to make a donation again this year.

Offline worfhonour

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:24:50 pm »
Hey,
How are you all.
I'll set up my 'pay pal' account again this weekend.
I guess i will have to forfeit my lambaretta scooter, he he  :crazy2:
I will do what I can to Help now that i am back in work.

Chin Up Frey it is not easy but after 4 months i found a job. ;)

How i look at it is losing a job creates new opportunities in life, they are there u just have ta recognize them, so good hunting. 8)

Worfy

Offline worfhonour

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 10:56:26 am »
Enjoy :D

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 09:07:50 am »
Well, thanks to our returning patrons as well as other donations and some developments in my RL, I am pleased to say we will be here for the foreseable future.

Again, it's because of you, our community, that we continue and move forward.

Thanks !!!!

Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline worfhonour

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 03:45:22 am »
Hope that balances the books?  ;)

Worfy

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 10:36:10 am »
Oh yea, that, and a bit.

Regards,
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 11:17:29 am »
So, just so you know, I've gotten a great job now, and D.Net is looking better than ever.

Yes, a bit of issues with our ISP as of late, but should all be resolved.

We're back on track updating our infrastructure, and we're looking at making some significant progress in our projects.

More to come.

Regards,
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:35 am »
Hey Frey.. I still have $5 in my old Pay Pal Account.... well actually it is the $5 you shot me last yeat that i wasn't able to use... You know the reasons :P ... Anyhow.. shooting it back as a donation :)

Requesting permission to return to duty, sir.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:55:05 pm by Cptn_Pestalence_XC »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 09:14:21 am »
So, just so you know, I've gotten a great job now, and D.Net is looking better than ever.

We're back on track updating our infrastructure, and we're looking at making some significant progress in our projects.

More to come.

Regards,

This is great news.........keep us informed please

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 09:47:09 am »

More to come.
Frey I'm  glad to read this. congratulations on your new job

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 01:14:58 pm »
Is everything ok? I just noticed that the fund raising needs jumped to 10K!

Offline lui209

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 12:42:21 pm »
I couldn't find a "new recruits" type page for new players, however if you wish to move this post you can. I am sorry to hear about all of your miss fortunes and actually am bringing 4 other friends onto the forum along with purchasing some games from your store. Also I will be providing some donations.

I never knew this site existed...EVER. I stumbled across this site by accident actually. Last night I was kind of wasted haha then started talking to some friends about this game which I had missed a lot. We were talking about how this game had unfortunately come out before it's time and that was why we believed it never made it far (due to the official servers being shut down and what not). However, after trying to find the developers last night through Wikipedia I noticed there was a remark about, "As of 2012, the DGA announced the open beta for Starfleet Command: Community Edition, as well as the possible development of Starfleet Command 4". So, after finding this site I need to post my joy about it!

Thank you guys SO MUCH for all that you have done. I really do regret not doing my research before, because it looks like I missed out on A LOT. Thank you for letting me be apart of this community.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 12:58:48 pm »
Tossed in $40.00 U.S. a few days ago through the paypal link.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 11:11:55 am »
Thank you Tobin!!!!!

:)

Regards,
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.