Topic: Are You An SFC 1 Player Only??  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
Are You An SFC 1 Player Only??
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:03:38 pm »
I'm kind of curious to know exactly how many Dynaverse folks only have SFC 1 to play??

I have SFC 1 and SFC 3 but have only played SFC 3 once. As an old Star Fleet Battles veteran it just didn't have the same appeal as SFC 1 or give me a recognised point of reference.

I create models and write mission scripts for SFC 1 as well. I also run LAN games here where I live from time to time.

Now here's an idea....

If those of us with SFC 1 have a single post obviously tagged "SFC 1 Stuff" we could swap mission scripts, models, arrange WAN and Gamespy games, etc.

Game chat could be via Microsoft PC / X-Box Live private party chat or one of the PC gamechat systems.

So how many SFC 1 players are there out there??

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: Are You An SFC 1 Player Only??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:34:25 am »
Not really a "player" as such, but I field test any ship I'm working on in the SFC 1 Demo first, even if it's only going to be a SFC2 or SFC3 release.  If it runs in there and looks okay in there, it'll work in the others.  :)

But some eon, when I have the time, I'd like to get my old SFC 1 install running under Linux and Wine again and give it a go.. I enjoyed that, even in just the basic single player scripts.  (Not quite as satisfying as getting Internet Explorer 6 running under Linux, but that was for a different reason).  ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 02:25:47 pm »
I have SFC 1 and  EAW and OP  I play OP most I rarely  take out SFC 1 now a days

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:54:13 pm »
I still have the game but the cd is scared up to the point it wont load again. I kinda miss it I forget what it was all about as sfc2 ,op and 3 are not the same campain theme.   
Time for life!

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:28:01 pm »
I noticed on Sunday that we had 63 guests on Dynaverse at one time for a few hours.

Now here's the thing....

A person secures an old copy of SFC 1 and discovers Dynaverse supports SFC. He logs on and finds that only SFC 2 and SFC 3 seem to be featured.... mega disapointment.

Anyone who has SFC 1 needs to be shown where and how to correct all the models in the game.

How to tranlate an SFB SSD sheet and add in variants such as the K-D5E, K-D5F, K-D6E, K-D6F, D6N, F-BC, O-OK6, etc. and where to download the correct version of ShipEdit to do so.

(Did they have the OK6 in SFC 2 OP??)

How to rig the game so that all the races can have fighters, not just the Hydrans, and where to find the models.

How to add in more features via the shiplist file from the original SFB game such as Drone mines, freighters with ducktails and skids, etc.

How to write their own mission scripts using FMSE.

To have somewhere to find and post mission scripts and campaigns for SFC1.

My 11 year old nephewis over here most weekends and is a Star Wars fan. He plays Star Wars games on the X-Box 24-7. Now there comes a time in a kids life when he needs to put aside childish things and move into Star Trek gaming. So my son and myself plan to let him have a go in a SFC 1 co-op LAN game sometime.

Unfortunately he's never watched Star Trek, in any form on TV, so has no idea of what it is all about or how Kirk's Enterprise could photon a Death Star into space dust from several light years away before Darth Vader could utter, "What the feck was that bang??!!"

Due to his liking to anything with large amounts of firepower I think he'll probally end up liking the Klingon Empire....

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:18:31 pm by Panzergranate »
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!