Poll

SW ep 6 vs SW ep 3

SW: The Return of the Jedi
22 (84.6%)
SW: Revenge of the Sith
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: July 10, 2011, 07:58:36 am

Topic: Sci Fi Poll : SW final showdown.  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: Sci Fi Poll : SW final showdown.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 02:04:03 am »
Well, the stormtroopers seemed to do well enough assaulting Leah's diplomatic transport. I saw several dead rebels in that corridor.  Those may have been Vader's handpicked troops, however.

They had a large numerical advantage, and were fighting people with the goofiest looking helmets ever.

and they have stormtrooper armour that doesn't protect against a hand throw rock, or stick.

That's because the Empire is corrupt, and greedy officials pocket most of the money and send the troopers out with unacceptably thin armor.

Ohhhhhhhh i see a snap to real life stuff. I think about the pic with bush as vader oooooo not cool i think no matter!
I will ignore an one should if so and say sith dont care about funds they want power funds are part of power but with the sith funds are not needed. SO no greed there more slavery and by the way, most STORM troopers are NOT clones they are the same as our own military. Han solo was a storm trooper so far as i read  :P The clones i hope died out at some point.   ;D
Time for life!

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 02:49:46 am »

Ohhhhhhhh i see a snap to real life stuff. I think about the pic with bush as vader oooooo not cool i think no matter!

Ahh NO.  One of things that sucked about the prequels was Lucas' attempt to inject his tired left wing rhetoric into the film.  There was no need for him to put Bush's words in Vader's mouth in ROTS, and Obi Wan's stupid reply was hypocritical.  "only the sith deal in absolutes" THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE YOU &*(&(ing MORON!!  My statement had nothing to do with Bush, it was merely an attempt to explain why the Storm troopers have armor which is clearly useless.  Corruption has been an evil to be fought ever since we started using a professional military as opposed to having soldiers purchase their own gear.

sith dont care about funds they want power funds are part of power but with the sith funds are not needed

The sith don't care, but they rule the empire through officers and officials that are corrupt and/or incompotent.

most STORM troopers are NOT clones they are the same as our own military. Han solo was a storm trooper so far as i read  :P The clones i hope died out at some point.   ;D

You shouldn't use anything you've read.  Using the expanded universe chronology has several flaws.  For one thing, it was started before the prequels, so when Lucas took things in a different direction, they started making really convoluted turns in order to try to reconcile themselves with the films.  Also, its a different media with different needs.  As a result, it is filled with super jedi who make me wonder why they needed a chosen one since there are so many who have more power in their pinky than Palpatine had in his whole body.  There is nothing in the films to suggest that Han was a storm trooper, and nothing to suggest that the empire stopped using clones.  I can't see the emperor abandoning the use of clones who are loyal solely to him in favor of an army of individuals who may be loyal to their homes and their families.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 05:25:32 am »
I think the Han was a Stormtrooper bit comes from his military style pants. If we accept that Han was involved with the military but not as a trooper the best place for him to come from would be the navy, pilot most likely.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 05:09:07 pm »
One good thing about ROTS, it did give us the audio for this awesome video
Sith Lord Tom Cruise destroys Oprah!!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 02:02:49 am »

Ahh NO.  One of things that sucked about the prequels was Lucas' attempt to inject his tired left wing rhetoric into the film.  There was no need for him to put Bush's words in Vader's mouth in ROTS, and Obi Wan's stupid reply was hypocritical.  "only the sith deal in absolutes" THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE YOU &*(&(ing MORON!!  My statement had nothing to do with Bush, it was merely an attempt to explain why the Storm troopers have armor which is clearly useless.  Corruption has been an evil to be fought ever since we started using a professional military as opposed to having soldiers purchase their own gear.

sith dont care about funds they want power funds are part of power but with the sith funds are not needed

The sith don't care, but they rule the empire through officers and officials that are corrupt and/or incompotent.

most STORM troopers are NOT clones they are the same as our own military. Han solo was a storm trooper so far as i read  :P The clones i hope died out at some point.   ;D

You shouldn't use anything you've read.  Using the expanded universe chronology has several flaws.  For one thing, it was started before the prequels, so when Lucas took things in a different direction, they started making really convoluted turns in order to try to reconcile themselves with the films.  Also, its a different media with different needs.  As a result, it is filled with super jedi who make me wonder why they needed a chosen one since there are so many who have more power in their pinky than Palpatine had in his whole body.  There is nothing in the films to suggest that Han was a storm trooper, and nothing to suggest that the empire stopped using clones.  I can't see the emperor abandoning the use of clones who are loyal solely to him in favor of an army of individuals who may be loyal to their homes and their families.

I think you belive  and hate to much no offence, But the first 3 movies were movies at first. Lucas vision didnt come to a final till Jedi. When he got the tech he needed he rethought the prequils for $  kids are more a $ maker than adults! Story 85% FOR THEM!   His and other co wrighters are as say liberal and i was not happy about the themes shown in the prequils. I did not quote you then so whats your issue with me?  I dont want a fight its all opinions i thought.
Time for life!

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 03:12:01 pm »
My issue with you is that you basically accused me of viewing Return of the Jedi through the lens of left wing politics.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »
Gentlemen, please take any political disagreements to Hot and Spicy.

Thanks,

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War