Poll

The Empire Strikes Back vs. Attack of the Clones

The Empire Strikes back
26 (92.9%)
The Attack of the Clones
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: July 03, 2011, 01:53:16 am

Topic: Sci Fi Poll 22: Jar Jar must die edition.  (Read 4805 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Sci Fi Poll 22: Jar Jar must die edition.
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:53:16 am »
Here we go my friends...

Empire Strikes back (1980) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/

vs.

The Attack of the Clones (2002) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121765/

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Sci Fi Poll 22: Jar Jar must die edition.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 01:56:47 am »
This might be our first unanimous poll.

P.S. The only way I would vote for AOTC is if Jar Jar actually did die.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 02:14:44 am »
I believe your right Brother. that being said, I was surprised at the last one, it wound up 15-1.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 02:23:17 am »
Well, I actually consider ESB to be the worst film of the original trilogy.  AOTC is much better than TPM, particularly since it has Samuel L. Jackson showing what a BMF he is by decapitating Jango, and Yoda getting into an awesome lightsaber duel.  I do think the love story between Anakin and Padme is harder to swallow than the one between Han and Leia.  In the end, ESB still edges AOTC out.

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
Well, I actually consider ESB to be the worst film of the original trilogy.  AOTC is much better than TPM(snip)

I saw this and immediately thought of Attack Of The Kitties.  Which would make TPM... Tholian Pussycat Machine?.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:27:20 pm »
Only when Maverick is leading them.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 11:16:58 pm »
I see how these polls work out  :-X
Hmm what part did Jar Jar need to die other than being a rep for his planet species in the galactic senate the green fat man thing made it so  ?  Jar Jar needed to die in epp1  not 2  :crazy2: Epp1 was a for the kids showing but not 2 and 3. In my eyes i would put them 2 and 3 as a pg13 rateing min but im bias as a dad. I vote epp2 attack of the clones even though yet agian too lame not enough for a TRUE STARWARS fan. SITH= HELL i saw funness not hell oh well get whats given and remake it your self only option .
Time for life!

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 03:50:54 am »
I think you had the die part down , when you mentioned Rep in a Senate. But then again, that is my bias. LOL

Stephen

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 12:06:30 pm »
I never liked ESB as much as ANH.  Except for DV's theme music and the imperial march.  The second half of it was awesome, but you had to get through the first half to enjoy it.  I did like AoTC.  Jar Jar plays such a small part it is barely worth mentioning.  Being used as the fool to start the war is appropriate.  The ending here was also very exciting.

Having mentally replayed the movies for myself just now, I have to go with Empire.

There will never be a unanimous poll.  Unless you compare something like the animated version of Return of the King to Peter Jackson's versin.
this sig was eaten by a grue

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 12:55:06 pm »
Anyone who voted for AoTC needs to get their heads examined!

Seriously - go get some help!

:P

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 03:26:34 pm »
(snip)

There will never be a unanimous poll.  Unless you compare something like the animated version of Return of the King to Peter Jackson's versin.

But, the animated version had that cool orc war song!

Where there's a whip, there's a way!

Hmm what part did Jar Jar need to die other than being a rep for his planet species in the galactic senate the green fat man thing made it so  ?  Jar Jar needed to die in epp1  not 2  :crazy2: Epp1 was a for the kids showing but not 2 and 3. In my eyes i would put them 2 and 3 as a pg13 rateing min but im bias as a dad. I vote epp2 attack of the clones even though yet agian too lame not enough for a TRUE STARWARS fan. SITH= HELL i saw funness not hell oh well get whats given and remake it your self only option .

Apparently you have a Singular wit, Kreeargh... oh wait, a second person voted for AOTC

Not to be confused with AOTK, which may have a better backstory anyways...

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 03:35:14 pm »
I always liked that song.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:16 pm »
(snip)

But, the animated version had that cool orc war song!

Where there's a whip, there's a way!

Apparently you have a Singular wit, Kreeargh... oh wait, a second person voted for AOTC

Not to be confused with AOTK, which may have a better backstory anyways...

That cartoon movie i grew up with i still have strong memories about it. Music the most i felt lost without the same ork music in the movies. I GUESS stupid like horror is more a $ maker in media these days.  As for Attack of the clones. I swear acronisms suck! i see it as knollage how things come to be in the starwars universe not that the movie is better than anything but it does show how a storm trooper came to be and other things one wonders about being a starwars fan.   Around here i bet its easy to ban someone if one not likes them i welcome it if thats so it would be an easy out where i myself has strugled to make a place for myself where no one wants those types of "loosers".
Time for life!

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »
I don't recall many (any?) bannings here.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 10:53:42 pm »
I am glad about that one of the true media we have  :notworthy: Even the insainess can post without - bias.
Time for life!

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 12:46:20 am »
Many things can show how a stormtrooper came to be. A cartoon. A blog post. An excellent movie. A sh*tty movie.

AOTC was unquestionably the latter.

P.S., no one will get banned for their insane opinions here, much as I may joke about it. :P
Fleet Vice Admiral 762

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 01:03:46 am »
Never worry about being banned.   ;D

I do have to say, ESB is an alrght movie.  I had a super slow story that was so-so.  Had some interesting parts near the end.  The more time that passes since I have seen it, the more it's weakness as a movie comes out.

It was awesome when I saw it in theaters when it first came out.  now that the space opera movie style has matured, it is alright.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 01:31:57 am »
From adversity, comes strength. That was the strength of ESB. For Luke and the Alliance, everything went to crap. They were tested in their most dire moments, and while they maybe didn't do so well initially, they all grew as a result.

"The cave! Remember your failure at the cave!"

He remembered it well, when he faced Vader again in RTJ, and avoided falling to the Dark Side himself as a result. That theme is a recurring one in ESB...I farked up, but I learned from it and I will do better next time.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »

There have been a few, but it was mostly because of a certain board. Things seem to have calmed down.

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 05:57:10 pm »
A New Hope was a classic fairy tale with a strong comedic line.

The Empire Strikes back was more an adventure story (or several of them intertwined).

Return of the Jedi went back to the fairy tale and added more comedy.  Some of the comedy was excessive (my comment was along the lines of  Oh God they've been taken over by Muppets").  The bad guys were just too incompetent while the good guys were too capable (just how did those Ewoks so rapidly get those tree trunks and boulders into the trees?)
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."