Poll

Catwomen of the moon vs. Queen of outerspace

Catwomen of The Moon
3 (60%)
Queen of outerspace.
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 26, 2011, 12:08:55 am

Topic: Sci Fi Poll 11.  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Sci Fi Poll 11.
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:08:55 am »
Todays is a special Nemesis edition of the poll, since he claims these are the best movies ever made. In fairness, I think he was suffering from exhaust fumes while riding his electric scooter in traffic, but here they are anyways.

Catwomen of the Moon (1953)  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045609/

vs...

Queen of Outerspace (1958)  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052104/

For the record, Shatner would have conquered both planets.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Sci Fi Poll 11.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:13:55 am »
Todays is a special Nemesis edition of the poll, since he claims these are the best movies ever made. In fairness, I think he was suffering from exhaust fumes while riding his electric scooter in traffic, but here they are anyways.

Catwomen of the Moon (1953)  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045609/

Never heard of it, but as unencouraging as the title sounds, its still probably better than that Halle Berry film.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:18:51 am »
Clueless on both. No vote!
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:42:50 am »
I don't know if this helps you guys or not, but The following is an excellent resource for older films, not just scifi.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=Catwomen%20of%20the%20moon%20AND%20collection%3Amoviesandfilms

Sadly Queen of outerspace is not on the site.

They do need more Abbot and Costello. I can't recall if Nem hooked me up there, or If I found it while looking for old time radio broadcasts. all the same if it's not, then we should throw it up in out free media page.

Stephen

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:10:49 am »
I hate to say it, but I, too, am unfamiliar with these two. I will, however add them to the "to-watch" list.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 01:19:54 pm »
Not voting. Never heard of them.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 01:31:11 pm »
Never have heard of these before, not even close lol, no vote
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 03:49:27 pm »
LOL, Wow, I figured everyone had seen the latter with Zaa zaa Gabor (sp) And the first one? space Lesbians ? really?

I guess it'll come down to one or two votes, My apologies everyone.

Stephen

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 03:50:12 pm »
No need to apologize, not all of us have seen every sci-fi movie - its gonna happen :P
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 03:52:49 pm »
Stephen....stop being old!
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »
LOL, Between 762 here, and Capt. Mike on Face book, I can't get a break. :D

Stephen

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 10:54:23 pm »
You can view Queen of Outer Space here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5510971057255940730
this sig was eaten by a grue

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 01:55:06 am »
And now I've just watched both of those movies.  Both had the cast attacked by spider monsters.  It must be a staple. 

Catwomen took itself more seriously.  The first time I saw the shadow of a catwoman it looked like she was Minbari.  I wonder if that's where he got the idea...  Ok, so probably not.  I voted for it mostly because the jokes about women weren't so prevalent.

Queen was campy and far too sexist for my taste.  It almost made me wish I was a lesbian so I could do something horrible to the spaceship crew.  The alien women were certainly more attractive than the ones in the other movie.  For a movie that was filmed in the '50s that was supposed to take place in the '80s there wasn't much social progress.

Overthinking.  Ack.

Final thought:  one of these horrible movies is going to make it to the second round.

this sig was eaten by a grue

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 04:08:00 pm »
Not exactly an accurate quote Stephen.  (It is Zsa Zsa Gabor by the way).

The major feature of both movies is that much of the cast is composed of beauty contest winners and contestants between the ages of 18 and 23 in tight/short outfits.  Gabor was rather miffed at the attention these "actresses" got on the set when SHE should have been the center of attention as the star.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."