Topic: ST:TAS online for free now.  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
ST:TAS online for free now.
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:56:08 pm »
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/02/star-trek-the-animated-series-available-free-online-legally/

Star Trek: The Animated Series has been unjustly neglected by all but the most devoted Trekkies for most of the 36-plus years since it originally aired. The animation may — does — look cheesy by today’s standards, but some of the stories are truly excellent, and they did get all but one of the original cast members to do their characters’ voices.

Well, StarTrek.com has now put every episode of the series online for free viewing (though not, alas, downloading). If you’ve not seen any of the 22 episodes of the series, but are a fan of ST:The Original Series, you’re in for a treat.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: ST:TAS online for free now.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:00:25 pm »
 :woot: about damn time  :woot:  Ive seen some screen shots to promo it but never seen any epps.
Time for life!

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:51:46 pm »
:woot: about damn time  :woot:  Ive seen some screen shots to promo it but never seen any epps.

Then you have been missing out. You're going to love "Bem".
US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:09:20 am »
So many found memories watching this as a kid. They even have Nivens episode on there.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:10:42 pm »
The animation may — does — look cheesy by today’s standards,

Stephen

The animation was cheesy even for when it was done. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »
What I can't stand are the guest voice actors.  Child Spock in Yesteryear makes me cringe.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »
What I love is that the artistic director was color-blind. that's why there is so much pink.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."