Topic: Minecraft MineCraft MINECRAFT!!!!!  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
Minecraft MineCraft MINECRAFT!!!!!
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:01:51 am »
Minecraft!!!!

I had succesfully avoided MMO's and Dwarf Fortress - but I accidentally touched Minecrack!!!!

I now have five basic desires:

Sex, Food, Drink, Drugs, and Minecraft!!!!!!!

MINEcraft MiNECRafT MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try out the currently free trial at:

http://www.minecraft.net/

Trust me - you will thank/curse me later!!!

Seriously - this is one cool developer!

Basically he is dedicating his life to this game - so once you buy it for like $9 Bux you have a LIFETIME subscription to all updates / new game modes/ multiplayer / etc...

Once he has enough money to live off the interest  (including running the authentcator servers) he will spend the rest of his days solely perfecting this already addicting game!

Penny-arcade has a great comic on it - so funny, so true:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/1010842689_DYj3P-L.jpg

They say the most common thing a new player says is - F*CK!! - it's 5a.m.!?!?? - Shhh***t!!!!

(this happened to me too)

Anyways free trial because his servers are overloaded with purchases right now - well deservedly.

Also note - the sound purposely doesn't work on the free one presently - (although you can get a fix for that) - and I still love this game!!!

Check out the numerous creations showcased on you tube like "The Slide" or "Tree Fortress" - this game is AWESOMEEEEE!!!!!!!

(and no I don't have any interest in this except supporting an awesome game and an awesome developer philosophy)

Enjjjjjjjjjjjoooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:33:35 am by Lono »

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Minecraft MineCraft MINECRAFT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:40:46 pm »
Can't believe no one ever got into Minecraft around here...  Best first person dwarf simulator EVAR!!!!

It's in Beta now - and still ton's o' fun - it'd be cool to start a Dynaverse server of it for multi - people are even making full Enterprise starships in game!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=minecraft+star+trek&aq=f

8)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:14:00 pm »
I've played. I find it highly addicted. Built myself a massive castle and train station :)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Online Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:15:32 pm »
I just read in last months CPU Magazine that someone created a working 16 bit computer inside the game itself.  I'm not sure how he managed it but thought it was pretty cool trick.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:16:07 pm »
Yeah, I saw a video about that one: pretty intense.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."