Topic: Fallout: New Las Vegas  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Fallout: New Las Vegas
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:54:55 pm »
A definite must-have for Fallout 3 fans.  It's a couple of mods short, especially concerning the radio (why can Bethesda not get a radio than can play more than 1 song? I like Marty Robbins' Big Iron, but not every 10 minutes!)  I am also not a big fan of Steam, but it is much better now at letting me play offline.  There were problems with premium modules not installing in Fallout 3 due to their directory structure, but time (and community mods) are likely to correct any deficiencies in this area.

Thus far the BSU (Blow S..er..Stuff Up) factor is excellent
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: Fallout: New Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:10:46 pm »
A definite must-have for Fallout 3 fans.  It's a couple of mods short, especially concerning the radio (why can Bethesda not get a radio than can play more than 1 song? I like Marty Robbins' Big Iron, but not every 10 minutes!)  I am also not a big fan of Steam, but it is much better now at letting me play offline.  There were problems with premium modules not installing in Fallout 3 due to their directory structure, but time (and community mods) are likely to correct any deficiencies in this area.

Will be getting it.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »

Will be getting it.

2 must-haves... light machinegun and Military 45/70 hunting pistol.. that thing will drop a deathclaw on a critical hit.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Musashi NCC-BR549

• Grand High Mufti ...(NCC Fatwa Advisor)
  • Commodore
  • Well, that settles that!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:51:35 pm »
With a silenced 12.7 mm submachinegun, hunting pistol, and an anti-material rifle (or whatever it's called) ... uh ... and Boone.... armed with that kickass YCS/186 thingy, you can go anywhere you wish.

Guys, you HAVE to find Vault 11 and watch the film.  I LMAO!  (Hint:  don't sit in that chair very long.  Get your butt up and PLANT PULSE MINES all over the room like a madman and then GET PULSE GRENADES READY.  LOL ... It gets WAY WAY out of hand when the film ends.)

Just like Fallout 3 ..... you dang sure get your money's worth out of this one.  Highly recommended.
"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, bad a** speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Offline Musashi NCC-BR549

• Grand High Mufti ...(NCC Fatwa Advisor)
  • Commodore
  • Well, that settles that!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:09 pm »
Fallout New Vegas Vault 11 Sacrificial Chamber
"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, bad a** speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 04:45:37 pm »
DO WANT!!!!!

Crap - however - just bought a "new" used car - so a new computer is not on the table yet...

Least' all the good mods and DLC will be out by the time I can afford' all I need..

(and probably the Nvidia G760 - or whatever they decide to call what can finally play Crysis)

;)

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 10:06:51 am »
I have New Vegas and I do love it. With all the weapons I have, I can drop anyithing from range.

AP rounds negate armor on Deathclaws and robots and people wearing heavy power armor.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!