Topic: FYI: work in progress: OP+ 4.1  (Read 109454 times)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: FYI: work in progress: OP+ 4.1
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2010, 12:51:32 am »
I'd really like to see the Klingon Movie Ship (the D7T) equipped with a cloaking device.  It might make that ship feel less like a glass cannon.  It also makes some sense from the perspective of why the Klingons didn't make widespread use of the cloak. (the rate of fire of their disrupters were just so fast that the constant cloaking and uncloaking made it tactically, although not strategically, useless)  Klingon Ships with Photon Torpedoes would make more efficient use of the cloak, although not as efficient as the Roms do.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2010, 01:32:13 am »
I'd really like to see the Klingon Movie Ship (the D7T) equipped with a cloaking device.  It might make that ship feel less like a glass cannon.  It also makes some sense from the perspective of why the Klingons didn't make widespread use of the cloak. (the rate of fire of their disrupters were just so fast that the constant cloaking and uncloaking made it tactically, although not strategically, useless)  Klingon Ships with Photon Torpedoes would make more efficient use of the cloak, although not as efficient as the Roms do.

I'm not sure that has anything to do with what I'm trying to achieve with OP+. I don't plan to change any of the "canon" additions Taldren made to this SFB-based shiplist.

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2010, 07:44:18 am »
Firesoul, thank you again for your efforts! You have and will make this a better  game. I can't wait to try out your latest mod

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2010, 04:04:27 pm »
You can make up your own using shipedit and just add cloaking cost to 15 or 20 and when I do mine I just replace the dizzies with photons on the sides.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2010, 04:06:14 pm »

An interesting thought, though.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2010, 11:02:25 pm »
I tried 4.1 out with Knight tonight on GSA and it worked smoothly. Nice job Firesoul!

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2010, 11:15:33 pm »
I tried 4.1 out with Knight tonight on GSA and it worked smoothly. Nice job Firesoul!

Thanks. ;)
Note: that's just an alpha release! I've been re-doing pirate ships since September and I hope to finish 'em soon.

After that..
  • A few "Andros" (.. well.. wannabe andros) as Monsters
  • R11 additions
  • R12 additions
  • models for additions that require it
  • Maybe Dizzy's planet fix.  (DIZZY! Weren't you going to get back to me with info or the models themselves!?)
  • more cleanups and automated tests to add that I've thought of
  • Tossing out some ships, because by now I've run out of space in the shiplist. Guaranteed.
  • etc.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2010, 01:12:18 am »
Lemee see if I can get my old HD to work... 

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2010, 01:16:19 am »
  • Tossing out some ships, because by now I've run out of space in the shiplist. Guaranteed.

Like some of the never played FF's and commando ships? Some commando ships are useful, most are not. Campaign wise.... a LOT of ships in the SG list get tossed.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2010, 10:39:57 am »

Like some of the never played FF's and commando ships? Some commando ships are useful, most are not. Campaign wise.... a LOT of ships in the SG list get tossed.

Just because they were never played doesn't mean they didn't have a purpose. I'll try to keep as many such ships in the shiplist as possible.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2010, 11:47:45 am »
I know that. The purpose of your shiplist is different from mine. SG shiplists strip out all the clutter players dont want to see taking up purchase slots in their yard. Course, with OCI, it may allow me to be less selective. With your shiplist you are creating a single point mission opportunity where any scenario imagined can be played in multi, therefore ship variety is important and needed. We need both lists. But I would hate to see a frigate commando ship get favored over something like a one or two off war cruiser variant... Im glad Im not u FS, hehe. Tough choices.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2010, 03:44:35 pm »
There seems to be something wrong with the installer as it seems damaged I dled it but couldn't get it to install.I am getting NSIS error.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2010, 04:11:11 pm »
There seems to be something wrong with the installer as it seems damaged I dled it but couldn't get it to install.I am getting NSIS error.

My home connection is hosting that wiki. And Comcast sucks.
I created a mirror of the installer: http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/OP_plusrefit/opplus_41_models_20100912180929.exe

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2010, 06:53:18 pm »
hey FS, you still going to use multiple folders for the models?  or are you going to just point to one instance for the model files?
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2010, 12:56:06 am »
hey FS, you still going to use multiple folders for the models?  or are you going to just point to one instance for the model files?

I leave the stock models from the game alone, in Assets\Models\ . That way, an uninstall is easy and clean. This is the main reason I have a separate folder for the new models, under OPPLUS\models\ .
So to answer your question: separate. Multiple.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2010, 08:43:27 pm »
It seems to to be fine so far not sure what you are looking for oh there is a Fed Heavy War Destroyer that in space dock all is blacked out.This has 2 fighters in it.

Edit I will Check it out for you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:11:36 am by Age »

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2010, 10:09:37 pm »
It seems to to be fine so far not sure what you are looking for oh there is a Fed Heavy War Destroyer that in space dock all is blacked out.This has 2 fighters in it.

I know of a Gorn HDD that had that issue, and I fixed it since. Do you know which Fed HDW has this problem? If I can isolate it and reproduce the problem, I can add a check for the problem in my tests and prevent it across the whole shiplist.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2010, 12:37:19 pm »
This is the ship FireSoul F-HDWXG if I see anymore I will let you know.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2010, 02:34:24 pm »

I confirm the problem.

Digging into it. Ah. The number of shuttle 'base' is higher than the number of shuttle 'max'. I will write an automated check for this and see if I can detect the problem with other ships. If I do, I'll report them here.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2010, 02:42:30 pm »

I confirm the problem.

Digging into it. Ah. The number of shuttle 'base' is higher than the number of shuttle 'max'. I will write an automated check for this and see if I can detect the problem with other ships. If I do, I'll report them here.

The check already existed, however there was an error in the code elsewhere which loaded up the same data in base, max, launchrate and shuttle_size. This has been fixed.
The bottom line: the following issues have been detected and will be corrected in the eventual next alpha release.

Code: [Select]
# ship F-DWX: shuttle_base is more than shuttle max! (base: 3, max: 2)
# ship F-HDWXG: shuttle_base is more than shuttle max! (base: 4, max: 3)
# ship L-BOX: shuttle_base is more than shuttle max! (base: 1, max: 0)
# ship Y-D6D: shuttle_base is more than shuttle max! (base: 3, max: 2)