Topic: Mars is the ultimate goal of SpaceX.  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Mars is the ultimate goal of SpaceX.
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:36:27 pm »
Link to full article

SpaceX’s long-discussed Merlin 2 Lox/rocket propellant-fueled engine, capable of a projected 1.7 million lb. of thrust at sea level and 1.92 million lb. in a vacuum, would provide the power for the Falcon X and XX heavy launch vehicles.

Three Merlin 2s would power the first stage of Falcon X, a 300-ft. plus tall vehicle capable of placing 38,000 kg. in LEO.

A growth development, dubbed Falcon X Heavy, would employ nine engines clustered in three cores. Collectively these would generate 10.8 million lb. of thrust at liftoff and boost 125,000 kg. to orbit. The ultimate launch vehicle, the Falcon XX, stands as tall as the Saturn V, is configured with six engines in a single core and is designed to lift 140,000 kg. to LEO.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
Re: Mars is the ultimate goal of SpaceX.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:59:55 pm »
huge....
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
Re: Mars is the ultimate goal of SpaceX.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:54:40 pm »
the falcon XXX looks like a huge dildo and they had to stop production ;) :P just kidding!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-