Topic: Hey Raven, did you give permission for this?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline The Northern Star

• Lt. Junior Grade
Hey Raven, did you give permission for this?
« on: July 18, 2010, 04:56:17 pm »
Hi, this guy started with re-casts of a few existing resin models if I remember correctly, a no-no to start with; but something new caught my eye today, http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Trek-Fasa-micro-machine-V-67-VVorath-Class-/200497369129?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2eae931029

Part of my particular interest in this is simply the fact that he claims ownership over his "trademark" which is based on Paramount owned imagry and his very forceful claim of ownership over his designs and the statement that he will prosecute  :laugh: anyone duplicating his work. I don't know the real name of the lister so I can't really say for certain that he isn't the original designer but I have serious doubts.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:11:27 pm by The Northern Star »

Offline The Northern Star

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Hey Raven, did you give permission for this?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:26:47 pm »
Should have read the crest more completely  ::) , his name is John Nash. I'm certain the model is either Raven's or someone else from this forum that he works with. Either of them named John Nash? Oh and apparently, "Unauthorized copying is punishable under federal law and i will and have done so ..."  :laugh: . How this has been accomplished for something that ultimately would likely fall under Paramount's ownership I'm not sure but whatever.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »
that is ravens design. I can't remember if he modeled that or if that was mindblip. I know mindblip did the D'mad.

Speaking of...where do I get mindblip ships now? I forgot the old site. They will still there a year or so back on a newly designs site. John nash sounds familiar too...

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:27:44 pm »
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Ill look into it.

Mindblip built the models, I now own all of my original designs, part of my retirement agreement. So its on me to take action if warranted.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.