Topic: Quote origins - Movie or TV  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Quote origins - Movie or TV
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:55:42 pm »
The real credit belongs to these toys.  Afterall we had at out disposal every fiendish and destructive plaything ever devised for the pleasure of little children.  Those poor devils all they had were real guns and bullets.

Preferably by recognizing the quote or the style for the origin not by looking it up. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Quote origins - Movie or TV
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:11:23 pm »
Is that Small soldiers with Kristen Dunst and Phil Hartman?

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:27:20 pm »
The real credit belongs to these toys.  Afterall we had at out disposal every fiendish and destructive plaything ever devised for the pleasure of little children.  Those poor devils all they had were real guns and bullets.

Preferably by recognizing the quote or the style for the origin not by looking it up.

Gi joe the orignalin the 40s not 80s comic
, Orignal Transformers 1979 theme robots to save earth?
Or my last guess dc commic theme.
Time for life!

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:37:59 pm »
Every guess wrong so far.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:18:35 am »
I gave up and looked it up, else it drive me crazy all night. I won't give the answer, but it was one of those Facepalm moments, and you realize it makes perfect sense, considering the movie or TV show. lol

Good one Nemesis, you had me stumped but good.

Stephen going to bed to dream of the normal Kaos that is always in my unconsciousness.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:41:49 am »
Since you seem to still be up I'll give you another one that always stuck in my mind.

"I got 99%.  Yes but it's the 1% that kills you."

I guess it goes with my being a perfectionist that it always stuck with me. 

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 12:51:49 am »
LOL, you are a vengeful man Nemesis. Let me think on this one awhile. :D

Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:56:20 am »
Not vengeful, I just have a terrible tendency to tease people.  ;)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 02:55:07 am »
This one is part of the title song of the movie.   

"I don't use a knife, don't need a gun my equipment is a lot more deadly son"

More from the song.  Not the whole song as it would be a give away.

"And if you're a man not made of wood when I flip my hips I'll quiet you for good.
Let me brush your lips and crush your lips and nicely hush your lips.  Dear Sir."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 09:57:02 am »
In case anyone is curious and didn't get Stephens hints:

1/ Get Smart
2/ The New Avengers
3/ The Silencers (Matt Helm movie)

It wasn't intentional but they were all spy films/series.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:57:11 pm »
Hehe, I figured that first one, I had given it away.

Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:20:52 pm »
Not the second one?   I thought when you said "vengeful" you were referring to the Avengers to let me know you had that one too.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 08:39:44 pm »
Uhm yeah, that's it . That's what I meant. LOL

Nah bro, I have to be honest, that was just a fortunate and lucky way of words. I didn't know the last two, and didn't want to ruin it by looking them up.

Stephen