Topic: OT> why all the hate for the Trek 11?  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
OT> why all the hate for the Trek 11?
« on: November 22, 2009, 12:15:25 am »
I realy dont understand why poeple are bitching about trek 11 it was a good Alternate universe trek flik? I see no spot the "orignal timeline " was messed with and its just a damn movie after all   :o.  The scifi was a little to fast but thats what slowmo on dvd is good for and some scenes were a waist like runing from the monster , I would have made a spock rescues kirk from drowing in the capsule or something scene there save 5min of bullcrap monsters.
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: OT> why all the hate for the Trek 11?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 12:18:11 am »
Oooooh, don't post this here - its going to insight a flamewar.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 12:29:13 am »
To name a few reasons.

1. bad science (I know the real Star Trek would stretch things when necessary, but a galaxy threatening supernova was just retarded.)
2. idiotic plot
3. Destroys features which were intentionally put into Star Trek to distinguish it from low brow scifi
4. references to the real Star Trek come off as tongue and cheek parody
5. This ^*&( is put forth to replace the real Trek in production
6. They put a (*&^ing propeller on a spaceship
7. The Kelvin, Nero, and future Spock are supposed to be from the real Star Trek timeline, but they really don't fit in.
8. They gave Scotty a midget sidekick WTF!
9. An implication in the plot that the main cast are meant to be together which makes an implication in the nature vs. nurture debate which is inappropriate for Star Trek.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:56:34 am by knightstorm »

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 12:38:42 am »
END ALL FLAME WARS NOW !
In the first 5 min an alternate timeline you can see?  I think fans have hate cause they dont get what they want more than bad wrighting etc LOOK at movies in the past 10 years 80% are remakes or prequils you expect good wrighting for a movie these days your the idiot.
I also think its the end for me here if this hate is the case!!!!
Time for life!

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:32:10 am »
Knightstorm and Kreeargh are both right.  I  must say that I did like the new cast, but geeze!  The sets, the plot, the models....  OMG!  Hollywood is bent on creating spectaculars that go way beyond believablity, combined with whatever style floats the directors boat.  Nobody cares about telling an interesting story.  How many ST novels are out there?  Some of them have to be good!  What do I know?  I paid $8.00....
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 10:34:33 am »
In the first 5 min an alternate timeline you can see?

We have had prior discussions on that and not everyone agrees. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 11:07:59 am »
In the first 5 min an alternate timeline you can see?

We have had prior discussions on that and not everyone agrees.

Sadly it isn't really worth bitching over and over about.  When it first came out to express you didn't like it and why is good, to harp on and on that the movie sucks is more then needed.

Either you liked it, or you didn't.  You are not going to change either mind.  Was it perfect, no.  So move on.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 10:36:43 pm »
I'd flip the question.. "Why all the love for the Trek 11?"

If you disagree with that question, great.  If you agree with that question, also good.

I know which side of the fence I'm on, same side as I sit on the new BSG.  All I'm going to say.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

intermech

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:14:44 am »
I love the idea of an alternate universe that leaves the TNG period completely open to fan interpretation.  .  . changes I would make include:

No Klingon/Federation Alliance
No Federation ship bigger than Excelsior
An all out War between the Federation and Romulans instead of that Dominion stuff.

OK, now shoot me.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:51:02 pm »
I love the idea of an alternate universe that leaves the TNG period completely open to fan interpretation.  .  . changes I would make include:

An all out War between the Federation and Romulans instead of that Dominion stuff.

OK, now shoot me.

Personally, I'd also like to see the Romulans more back to their roots... almost a feudal Japanese-type society with a lot more honor than we saw in TNG.

Yeah, I could go for what you're saying as well.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 06:58:16 pm »

OK, now shoot me.
I want TMP fixed and added some stories for it. There is an entire generation of the enterprise B class that they need to make up Not rewright the same old crap in a new light just to piss off the masses of fans.
One thing i didnt like AT ALL with the new movie engine room , what the heck they go to miller and ask to use their tank room to film in ? Or is jjs enterprise a brewery lol.
Time for life!

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 06:59:51 am »
One thing i didnt like AT ALL with the new movie engine room , what the heck they go to miller and ask to use their tank room to film in ? Or is jjs enterprise a brewery lol.

OMG, I just saw the movie over the Thanksgiving Day weekend and thought the same thing...

WTF?!?!?!?
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:53 pm »
Scotty has to distill scotch somewhere.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 01:05:11 pm »
I think that TROST's foul perversion of Scotty was the one being distilled there.  Come to think of it, the $%%(ed up engine room was probably to set things up so that they could use "Scotty" in some poorly executed over the top slapstick.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:40:52 pm by knightstorm »

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 11:05:11 pm »
I think that TROST's foul perversion of Scotty was the one being distilled there.  Come to think of it, the $%%(ed up engine room was probably to set things up so that they could use "Scotty" in some poorly executed over the top slapstick.

LOL lack of design skill i think in their team.  In my opinion they could have hired any joe from SFM and got a better job on design for alot of the movie.  I have major issues with the scene where kirk ran to chat about the klinks in the tank/computer room but looking at the scene where scotty shot out the anitmatter remindes me of the nx enterprise engine room which kinda makes a little sence there.  I didnt mind any of the cast except the romulans damn tats. After all they totaly FRAKED up TNG for me thanks to the frakin sovern class each to your own  ;D.
I wana see more with this cast i am willing to pay 10$ for the dvd  :coolsmiley:
Time for life!

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 11:27:57 pm »
After all they totaly FRAKED up TNG for me thanks to the frakin sovern class each to your own

Actually, I liked the Sovereign class a lot better than the Galaxy.  The Galaxy always struck me as bloated and ugly looking, and the number of civilians, and non-essentials crammed onto the ship made it look ridiculous.  I think the evacuation scene from Generations demonstrates how over the top the Galaxy class was.  I guess it might have been useful for diplomacy, since the federation can impress foreign delegates by showing how much room they could devote to worthless $%^$ like petting zoos.  The Sovereign on the other hand looked sleek and attractive.  I especially liked how they gave the ship back swept nacelles.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 12:33:28 am »
After all they totaly FRAKED up TNG for me thanks to the frakin sovern class each to your own

Actually, I liked the Sovereign class a lot better than the Galaxy.  The Galaxy always struck me as bloated and ugly looking, and the number of civilians, and non-essentials crammed onto the ship made it look ridiculous.  I think the evacuation scene from Generations demonstrates how over the top the Galaxy class was.  I guess it might have been useful for diplomacy, since the federation can impress foreign delegates by showing how much room they could devote to worthless $%^$ like petting zoos.  The Sovereign on the other hand looked sleek and attractive.  I especially liked how they gave the ship back swept nacelles.

I dont think Trek was about military export it was invisioned to be Explorer with the famaly universe. Even though Gene was old he has some say in the style of the galaxy or it would have ended up like B&B barf 1701e.  :-X he he no fight just my thoughs  :) :-[
Time for life!

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 07:56:15 am »

I dont think Trek was about military export it was invisioned to be Explorer with the famaly universe. Even though Gene was old he has some say in the style of the galaxy or it would have ended up like B&B barf 1701e.  :-X he he no fight just my thoughs  :) :-[

Roddenbery also had men running around in skirts.  Not all of his ideas were good ones.  Considering that starfleet ships are constantly being exposed to non-combat related dangers, putting children on-board them is stupid.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:49:21 am by knightstorm »

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 10:51:01 am »
Roddenbery also had men running around in skirts.

What do you have against the Scots?

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 05:04:51 pm »
Roddenbery also had men running around in skirts.

What do you have against the Scots?

I think that you'll have to agree that this is completely different from traditional ethnic garb.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:18:41 pm by knightstorm »