Topic: Its Coming....  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
Its Coming....
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:54:23 pm »
As of this post in 10 hours.... Re release of mechwarrior 4 is what i'm hoping this is....

http://www.mektek.net/
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
Re: Its Coming....
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:33:07 pm »
Doesn't look like it.  It seems like a totally fan made game in the universe.  It kinda looks like ass.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 10:06:30 pm »
Nov 10th is the date they are talking to smith and tinker to straighten out legal stuffs.  so hopefull the 10th or 11th there will be news.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 11:45:36 pm »
Ah yes, this, its not too bad.  I've seen some of the... uh... behind the scenes, stuff.  Can't say too much more than that at the moment.  But I can tell you, this community (well most of this community) will like it.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 04:14:05 pm »
Umm...

I'm not a graphics whore or nothing - (replaying the original thief currently) - but if that video is of the game there's no way I can play that.

I love Mechwarrior 4 still - shame they couldn't have used that engine somehow...

The voiceovers wer actually painful to listen to - no offense to those involved..

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:26:47 pm »
I don't know why they'd want to even re-do MW4, unless it was to have to not need such huge downloads for the additional mech designs they came out with in the 3 packs...
I played all of the MW4 series, Vengence, Black Night and Mercenaries, still have them, but Mercs was my fav for all the mechs MeKtek added. It just rocked...
Played all the Co-Op missions several times with a few of the XC gang, it was a blast.
Now, if they had a game with ALL those Mods, and ALL the other used made maps that were just so awesome, there was probably 40-50 I downloaded, many more that I didn't...
packed into a couple DVDs, THAT would be cool...
The engine was smooth in Multi-player, well, most of the time, there was still the connection factor.
MW really needed High-speed to play smooth like most higher graphic games...
I really liked MW4 over MW3 and MW2...
Sad to see MS just wash their hands of it after only a cple years, although MekTek did a good job of keeping the game alive...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 10:01:13 pm »
Considering that M$ was what caused MPBT:3025 to be cancelled, I'm rather pissed about the whole thing.  I was hoping to see a MechWarrior 5, but when WOTC decided to go click-tech on us, it drove away a lot of people from the franchise.  And I guess M$ didn't want anything to do with a splintering fanbase.

Those people who left the game because of the Clan Invasion were nothing compared to the flood that left because of the Jihad.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 11:46:29 pm »
well the first post was a bit off the mark... this post though....

http://www.mektek.net/index.php?ind=news&op=news_show_single&ide=1143

After nearly a year since the announcement came, MekTek Studios is pleased to announce, that Microsoft Legal has given the all clear for the free release of Mechwarrior4.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"