Topic: New Mechwarrior!!!  (Read 5062 times)

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
New Mechwarrior!!!
« on: July 12, 2009, 09:34:19 am »
3015.  Should be interesting.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p2.html
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
Re: New Mechwarrior!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:40:44 am »
Looks good but seems to still have the 'exploding' reactor issue over the more legitimate meltdown....

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:54:08 am »
How interesting...could be cool...*sigh* makes me really miss those days playing Co-Op missions with you guys...
Always like the MW series...played Battletech steady for many years....not sure about that whole "core breach" thing either...we'll see...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 12:37:19 pm »

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 01:24:22 pm »
ahhh, a new mech :) awesome - trailer looks sweet :)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 03:47:43 pm »
Whats even cooler. Is they are supposedly releasing full mech warrior 4 and expansions and all that for free.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 06:34:49 pm »
That i especially like since i kinda busted my mw4 cd... oops
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 08:39:03 am »
*Sigh*

I didn't want to build a new system so soon...

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 10:09:39 am »
Sorrry but as much as I LOVE all things MW - you know this is gonna suck...

It's gonna be consolized kidde crizzap - for the ultra ADD twittering generation...

They have already admitied that they will be putting Halo-esque regeneration in it - which kinda misses the whole point imho...

I mean - the tension of strategically using a damaged mech to pull a Victory from the jaws of Defeat is what I've always lioved about the series - just like with SFC.

Also - don't expect this port to run on anything less than an I7 chip - since computers now have to be 300% more powerful than a console to run the same dang game!

(granted with better draw distance and other improvements)

At least Vid Cards are on awesome firesale however - I'm lovin my $100 GTS 250!

;)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 03:07:57 pm »
actually, from what i read they are building it for the pc but bringing it to the console - ie porting it to the 360 not the other way around.  from what was presented (the article and video) the gameplay looks about the same.  As for the regeneration thing, they said it would have consquences (ie you don't go back to 100% operational) and  it sounded more like making quick fixes to your machine to keep it running using only what you have availble (ie kinda like sfc and spare parts).   Being that you only use whats on hand, your ability to keep your machine 'regenerating' is limited ;).

As for the peformance specs you suggest based on what a console can run, an entry level core 2 duo proc w/ late geforce 8 or 9 series cards has more power than the 360, plain and simple - that was only true at the release of the system.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 08:10:48 pm »
 ;D

Somebody post a link when the games are released please.

Too bad SFC wasn't like mechwarrior in some respects.

In FASA Trek for example, it always bothered me that identical weapons/shield and other systems/ship parts didn't always have identical stats... I digress.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 04:36:58 pm »
Tus-XC,

Okay - you convinced me man - I'll go ahead and get my hopes up - I did dig the trailer!

:smitten:

And... if they do it in a "magic screws" kinda way - I can see that as being pretty cool too...

Just don't break my heart again EA - a man can only take so much!

;-)

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 06:31:24 pm »

In FASA Trek for example, it always bothered me that identical weapons/shield and other systems/ship parts didn't always have identical stats... I digress.

Um... IIRC, weapons always did same damage.

And the shield capacity changed by ship size.  The larger the ship, the more ship to protect with the same shield generator... so I understand how an FSP shield generator can protect one size ship up to 16 points and a larger size up to 12.

Ditto with the engines.

as for the new MW I hope it doesn't have that magic health thing.... I can understand a little repair work maybe fixing a weapon or a system or two... but replacing armour?  No.

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 06:44:18 pm »
Wow that trailer is awesome,..i am really looking forward to this.
Especially as this is ingame fottage... just sweet. :)
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 12:42:06 am »
When they make a Mech that moves like a Mech, I'll be excited.  All I've ever seen from MechWarrior games were Mechs that moved like trucks with bad suspensions...
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 07:55:55 pm »
Maybe Mech's do move like trucks with bad suspensions.  lol  They wouldn't have smooth human like walks. 

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 09:28:12 pm »
Maybe Mech's do move like trucks with bad suspensions.  lol  They wouldn't have smooth human like walks.

I would agree, it should be abit jerky on the walk.  But, the targeting computer should steady the sights so that it compensates for the walking.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 10:29:23 pm »
That's true.  A ground pounding mech isn't going to move like ZOE. 

One of the things I've not liked about the Armored Core games is their lack of an adequate fire control system. 

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 04:35:47 am »

One of the things I've not liked about the Armored Core games is their lack of an adequate fire control system.

Feel the same way about Armored Core.  If an M1 Tank can move at 60 mph over uneven gound and track a target (and stay right on it) with its main gun.  The computer tracking the target and adjusting the targeting sight for the speed of both the M1 and the target, with corrections for direction of movement and distance.  No reason a futuristic mech shouldn't have the same fire control system.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 05:08:36 am »

Feel the same way about Armored Core.  If an M1 Tank can move at 60 mph over uneven gound and track a target (and stay right on it) with its main gun.  The computer tracking the target and adjusting the targeting sight for the speed of both the M1 and the target, with corrections for direction of movement and distance.  No reason a futuristic mech shouldn't have the same fire control system.

Good point, but where is the main gun located on the mech? In a tank or Bradley, you can have the computer locked adjustments on the main guns and coax machine guns, the turret can adjust while the rest of the tank is bouncing around. How do you get a Treb to launch it's LRM's accurately while it's on the fly?.

My BT question is always the same: Grasshopper-Wolverine or Victor-Phoenix Hawk? ;)

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton