Topic: Star Trek review from RevolutionSF--spoilers in link.  (Read 2205 times)

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
Star Trek review from RevolutionSF--spoilers in link.
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:19:34 pm »
Just got back earlier from seeing the new Star Trek Movie.  I really liked it.

RevolutionSF gave it a 9/10 and their review is spot on with how I saw the movie.

Check it out if you like:

http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=4518
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
Re: Star Trek review from RevolutionSF--spoilers in link.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 12:38:32 am »
It's a good review.  It acknowledges the shortcomings without forgetting all the other positive elements, and there is barely a spoiler in sight.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 12:43:26 am »
Yeah...RevSF is one of my favorite sites for reviews.  they review everything.....books, TV, comics...etc.  They also do what you said in that they acknowledge both the good and the bad.
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Ravok

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 12:44:43 am »
 I'm shocked at all the good reviews this is getting. Has any of the other Trek movies done so well??

I'm going to try to go next week when I get my day off.

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 01:09:46 am »
Well....as a movie in and of itself, I'd definately rate it i the top three, anyway.  It ain't TWOK, but its pretty good.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 07:37:22 am »
They just said on the news, that the movie made 31 million the first day out. counting for inflation, IT beats the other 10 movies on open day money made.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:03:29 pm »
They just said on the news, that the movie made 31 million the first day out. counting for inflation, IT beats the other 10 movies on open day money made.

Stephen

For the 2 day total of $76.5 million in just the US and Canada. (Paramont was only expecting to make $50 Million for the first 2 days)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 08:51:34 pm »
That is outstanding.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War