Topic: Gears of War DRM snafu.  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Gears of War DRM snafu.
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:58:00 pm »
Link to full article

Gamers who tried to play Gears of War on the PC Thursday ran into a slight snag: it seems that the digital certificate that allows the game to run expired on January 28, 2009. Basically that means if you keep your PC's clock up to date, you can no longer play the game. The official Epic forum is ablaze with complaints about this issue, as the still-kicking community becomes enraged.

"I had this problem this evening, I had to change the date and time (from PM to AM) and I am able to get in just fine," one frustrated gamer posted. "I also changed it back to the current date and time and it didn't work. Change it back to yesterday AM and it works fine... EPIC games won't be on my list anytime soon...."

A telling point.

Those who pirated the game, as usual, continue to play with no issues.

But will the gaming companies understand it?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: Gears of War DRM snafu.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:01 am »
No.  They are idiots.  I think the business's goal is to lose money or something.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.