Topic: Wife is getting coal this christmas.  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Wife is getting coal this christmas.
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:39:40 pm »
So, I had pre-ordered WotLK for same day release from Amazon.com, and have been keeping an eye out via tracking on UPS.

Imagine my surprise a few minutes ago, when I look at the web site, and my package had been delivered. That's odd, I've been here all day, waiting for the truck, maybe they dropped it off at the sis in laws house.

Go over there, nothing. I start getting somewhat worried, but think to call my wife who at left, just after noon for a doctors appointment.

Sure enough, as they where leaving, the UPS guy stopped them on the road, and handed it off to them. Did she call and let me know? Nope. Was I about to cause a ruckess with UPS. yep.

So I wait a few more hours, while they visit the docs, go shopping with her sister, etc. etc.

In the mean time, where do I buy coal in this day and age.

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
Re: Wife is getting coal this christmas.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 06:33:12 pm »
I will now try my best to make you jealous. ;)

Was expecting my new comp from Federal Express last summer after a ridiculously long wait due to some issues with Gateway.  Finally, they build and ship it, and turns out, while UPS has no problem finding our house, FedEX rarely operates in this area and has no clue.

Package arrives in Texarkana.  Should be up here the next day.  It is, sort of.  'Can't locate' address'.  I call 'em, give directions.  Next day: 'Can't locate address'.  Call again, more directions.  Still 'can't locate address.  Next day I'm off work.  I give them my phone number to call so that I can, if necessary, talk them right to my front door.  They never call me, but I see the FedEx guy zoom past, paying no mind to my house.  By the time I'm in my truck and chasing him, he's nowhere to be seen.

During my pursuit, I pass the fiancee, coming home from work.  When I get back to the house, the computer is there;  she'd seen the FedEx truck pulling down a side road, and not knowing anything about my pursuit, decided to make sure herself.  She chased him down.  When I got home, the computer was in the living room floor, and she was strutting around, telling me myriad ways I could repay her for about the next month.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
Re: Wife is getting coal this christmas.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 06:36:35 pm »
I managed to pick up a couple copies of Wrath collectors edition today.

Onto ebay you go, to be sold to desperate wow nerds =)

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho