Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 5487 times)

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 11:38:57 am »
Finally upgraded my vid card in my old Dell machine (to a nvidia 250 - wrx grt on 350 psu just fyi) - and all I can say is WHOA!!!

I haven't had this much fun with a FPS Hybrid since the original Dues Ex!!!

1st night I didn't go to bed until after 2am - had to call in sick to work - very nostolgic for me!

I love that I have to make gut wrenching decisions on what areas to improve - especially after all the dumbed down "super rambo" trash that has been clogging the system since the latest console wars...

Can't wait to get all the DLC as well - so very, very cool!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As far as the vid card wars - I'm sorry but Nvidia still has the best drivers hands down!

In fact - I can now play Thief Gold again with the latest nvid drivers - which is great 'cuz I still haven't finished that yet - stoopid SFC competeing for my time in 2000!

;-)

Offline Musashi NCC-BR549

• Grand High Mufti ...(NCC Fatwa Advisor)
  • Commodore
  • Well, that settles that!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 09:01:47 pm »
Word has it that Fallout 4: New Vegas is in the works.

Sometime next year.

Hmmmm .... A shooter .... with a plot.....  in an open world with few rules ..... where I can always take a break, kick back, get drunk with fellow mutants, & play Hold'em for bottle caps.   

LOL .... this could be "The Perfect Video Game". 
"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, bad a** speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 12:38:58 am »
Just finished the Mothership Zeta DLC..nice..

The Operation Anchorage DLC's Chinese Stealth Armor with The Pitt's Infiltrator (5.56 silenced assault rifle) is an ungodly combination if you level yourself to have a high stealth skill and good sniper skills in the VATS.  About the only things I never kill with an initial headshot are the Supermutant Overlords and the giant supermutants.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Musashi NCC-BR549

• Grand High Mufti ...(NCC Fatwa Advisor)
  • Commodore
  • Well, that settles that!
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 07:56:35 am »
That's my rig, too.   Chinese armor, Penetrator, mines, grenades, & a silenced pistol  ..... it's just not fair...... ;D

LOL .... do ya string a long chain of mines between you and supermutants and then shoot 'em in the head to get them heading your way?   

I dread starting Zeta.  I've done the whole thing 'cept Zeta and Vault 87 .... uh ... I think it's 87 ..... it's the westward radioactive one.   

I may start this game all over when I'm done. 

You sure get your money's worth out of this one.   It breaks down to pennies/ hour.
"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, bad a** speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 11:24:17 am »
Ok - so I'm starting this game over again (I've hardly cleared anything but the old elementary school and some of the Operation Anchorage mission) and I'm wondering if I should wait on the DLC mission until everything else or not?

Keep in mind I definately like a challenge - but this time I am going to play on the one difficulty right below the hardest setting - because it was taking like 4-5 successful headshots to kill people - and a whole arsenal to kill a guard dog...

So - should I approach these DLC's after all the game? And if so - what's the best order for maximum challenge/entertainment?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! - Thx!!

p.s. - check this out for an amusing take on the FO3

;D

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 11:33:05 am »
Personally, I play all of the DLC and the side-quests first.  If you want to learn to wear power armor you'll need to do enough of the main campaign to get access to the Brotherhood leader, but otherwise, the side quests are the way to go (IMHO).

I'm on my 3rd time through.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 11:37:12 am »
That's my rig, too.   Chinese armor, Penetrator, mines, grenades, & a silenced pistol  ..... it's just not fair...... ;D

LOL .... do ya string a long chain of mines between you and supermutants and then shoot 'em in the head to get them heading your way?   

I dread starting Zeta.  I've done the whole thing 'cept Zeta and Vault 87 .... uh ... I think it's 87 ..... it's the westward radioactive one.   

I may start this game all over when I'm done. 

You sure get your money's worth out of this one.   It breaks down to pennies/ hour.

Nah.. I use hand grenades in the VATS.. then pop 'em in the head.  I also like to pick their pockets and leave a grenade or mine on them and "Explode their pants".   I took the Ninja perk a while back and sometimes I come up behind them and use the General's shock sword from Operation Anchorage, and turn them into a little pile of smoking ashes.

I typically just use the DLC and a couple of mods:  One that slows the rate of weapon wear (it is a bit high, IMHO), and a pair of night vision goggles that are powered by energy cells for laser pistols.