Topic: Movies that should not be made  (Read 4760 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Movies that should not be made
« on: October 22, 2008, 10:06:38 am »
Every now and again I come across a movie that should not be made.   Sometimes it isn't yet complete.

Piranha 3D 2009
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Movies that should not be made
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 10:19:04 am »
Its people like you who can't recognize films such as Snakehead Terror for the wonderful pieces of art that they are.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 04:25:38 pm »
Lets just say that one of my friends Tromatized me with his film "tastes".
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 04:47:09 pm »
what films did he make you see?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:09:26 pm »
what films did he make you see?

I've known him for a very long time so there were lots, far too many to even begin listing. 

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 01:38:44 pm »
As an example of the movies that I saw because of my movie nut friend.  He dragged me to the world theatrical premier of "Night of the Ghouls" by Ed Wood.  The film had been sitting on the developers shelves since 1959 due to unpaid fees when it was bought and released and I was dragged to see it in Toronto. 

Apparently there is a remake of Plan 9 in the works.  At least it likely won't be worse than the original.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:16:36 am »

The Phyllis Dyler - Chloris Leechman XXX Debut.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 05:17:46 pm »

The Phyllis Dyler - Chloris Leechman XXX Debut.

I was sticking to movies that either have been made or are supposed to be in process.

(If your example matches either of those two criteria DON'T TELL ME!!!!).

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 02:24:03 pm »
Anything with Will Farrell.

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 02:45:15 pm »
There's a reason MST3K was so popular. It made these kind of movies watchable without throwing up in disgust.

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 03:19:03 pm »
There's a reason MST3K was so popular. It made these kind of movies watchable without throwing up in disgust.

I've never seen MST3Ks "modified" movies.  Movie Macabre with Elvira did have its attractions though :).

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 01:41:24 pm »

I've never seen MST3Ks "modified" movies.  Movie Macabre with Elvira did have its attractions though :).

Never saw Elvira, but MST3K had a guy stranded in space with two robots who only got the worst movies their bosses here could find. They would then sit in the movie theater and make fun of the film, sometimes inserting their own dialogue. It was hysterical.

http://www.mst3k.com/

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 07:36:27 pm »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Forbidden Planet

Why remake something that is already a classic?

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 11:43:12 am »

Forbidden Planet

Why remake something that is already a classic?

This idea ranks up there with The Day the Earth stood still as a huge error in judgement. Come to think of it, the only good remake I can think of in SciFi was John Carpenters The Thing, and even then It had nothing to do with the original Veggiematic killing machine.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 07:10:39 pm »
This idea ranks up there with The Day the Earth stood still as a huge error in judgement. Come to think of it, the only good remake I can think of in SciFi was John Carpenters The Thing, and even then It had nothing to do with the original Veggiematic killing machine.

Stephen

The Thing remake went back to the original John W. Campbell short story and was true to it which is why it was better.  The original movie also didn't qualify as a classic (IMO of course). 

The Day the Earth Stood Still (original) is a classic and shouldn't have been remade.  I haven't seen the remake though so I can't comment on its quality.