Topic: Dead Space  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Lloyd007

• Commander
Dead Space
« on: November 15, 2008, 11:38:42 pm »
First watch this review.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/333-Dead-Space

Now I just have to say this review almost fits but there are a few things wrong with it.

First the game is not so much a rip off of Event Horizon as it is of Doom 3. In fact put Doom Marine on the Ishimura and he'll feel right at home complete with the crazy scientist who really wants everything to happen...

The weapons are massively overpowered or truly pathetic. All you ever need are the Ripper and the gun you get at the start, the cutter. The cutter is like most FPS's sniper rifle combined with a shotgun when upgraded even a little bit and the ripper is like a more powerful shotgun combined with a chainsaw. The other weapons are garbage but don't worry about ammo for only two weapons because the game knows which guns you are carrying and everything drops ammo only for those guns. You only need to buy ammo for the game's two major boss fights which are clearly marked....

The major problem with the game is the fact that you know whenever a monster is going to pop out because the music pipes up. The only really scary parts are the zero g no air because there is no sound and the monster can come from anywhere. The hardest parts aren't the fights with the monsters but the puzzles.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Dead Space
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 03:34:10 pm »
This game doesn't play well on the PC I figure it is one of those ported over  from consol.

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:12:35 pm »
Oh.. that's a bummer...

I had heard it's golden as long as you use an X Box controller...

That's a shame - but several games - including GTA (in car) are like that these days...

Sadly a lot of these console ports are requiring an i7 chip just to really run right on the PC - about 10x more powerful than the console - rediculous - but tis' the style of the time...

:-\

Offline Lloyd007

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 04:57:32 am »
The game is an obvious console port but I never had any problem playing the game and once I got used to the controls it was fine. The major gripe people have is that the keys can't be remapped and if you can't live without 10k customized hotkeys you'll be fighting the game all the way.

On the upside the game is very stable, at least on my system only had three crashes the whole game.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 04:37:03 pm »
Yes but you can't save it like others.