Topic: Top ten reasons to play a Death knight in WoW  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Top ten reasons to play a Death knight in WoW
« on: February 03, 2009, 05:45:01 pm »
A friend on my guild Ed, who's a police chief posted this on our guild forums, and I've been laughing all day over it. Thought it might give you all a chuckle also.

---------------------------------------------------
Number 10 - You don't care what class that other player is, cuz it doesn't matter! You're going after him.

Number 9 - You hate other DKs just as much as everyone hates you, cuz as soon as you Death Grip a mob, another DK Death Grips it away from you!

Number 8 - You can fall asleep on the keyboard, and when you awake moments later you realize that the keys you hit when your face landed somehow killed two players of the opposite faction.

Number 7 - You can laugh at people who think they "have" a DK just because they created one.

Number 6 - You have the skill and ability of a 10 year old playing the game, and REALLY just need a break from having to use skills to kill other players.

Number 5 - You know that, deep down inside, you really want something else, but you settled for the DK because you could skip 54 levels.

Number 4 - You really, really, want to be a worthless example of how well this game is played.

Number 3 - You relish in others contempt for your existence.

Number 2 - You can play WOW and not complain about other DKs.. but only when playing your Death Knight.

And the number one reason given as to why you should be a Death Knight........

You wish to be reduced to the same usefulness as an empty spermicidal specimen cup.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Top ten reasons to play a Death knight in WoW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:18:10 am »
Funny stuff,

Jeez I remember before the 3.0.8 patch, if you were less than 80, you did not want to be anywhere near Gadgetzan or Booty Bay.  Because it must have been a part of the Death Knight Special Olympics:  "For the next event, wipe every goblin guard in Booty Bay!"  And the sad thing was, they were doing it without breaking a sweat.

I'm glad the 3.0 patch nerfed Rogues to holy hell, but they just replaced them with something much much worse.  I'm close to closing down my WoW account because of this new cheese.  I already play Warhammer Online whenever I want to PvP.  While I still like the crafting system in WoW, and the sheer expansiveness of it, I think Warhammer is a superior game in all other regards.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:09:51 am »
I've thought about switching over to warhammer, But I still need to get busy with Connan. I keep telling myself, I'll grab the EU version every month, and forget by the time I pay bills.

Yeah the DK's require zero skill to play. I think I got mine to lvl 61 before I got bored to death.

Now early on, I loved it when they did that Grasp attack on my warrior. It was like, thank you for getting me within range. Then it's shockwave, devistate, devistate, revenge heroic strike, repeat.

They stopped doing that so much now.

One slightly funny thing We did though with the DK's in our guild, is we made a chain all the from Honor hold to the Horde town up north. Just Death gripped them all the way to our town there. That was kind of funny actually once we got our timing down.

Death Knights, the new rogue does seem right though. Just roll your forehead across the keyboard, and you will everything in sight.

Stephen

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:24:38 pm »
Warhammer is a solid game.  They didn't over cheese anyone class.  In fact they balanced everything out quite nicely.  About the only tweak they need at the moment is something to bring the Witch Elves down to the level of their counter, the Witch Hunter.  Or bring the Witch Hunter up to the Witch Elves.

It's also nice in that there's only four classes per race, but in WoW, if you play a Warrior, it really doesn't matter what race you play as, its the same play style, with a few subtle differences because of race.  In Warhammer, if you were to play a Dwarf Ironbreaker, and then a Elvish Swordmaster, you're really playing two different classes, even though they are both "Tank" Archetypes.  The Ironbreaker is a pure Tank, the more he gets hit, the harder he hits back.  Where as the Swordmaster would rather not get hit, having a higher dodge and parry rating, because for the Swordmaster to do his damage, he has to dance, getting hit disrupts that dance.  Each race has the four archetypes (or will once the next patch comes out).  Tank, Melee DPS (Dwarf and Greenskin gets theirs with the next patch), Ranged DPS, and Healer.  Each race plays there's differently, and your specific classes counter isn't necessarily in the opposite racial pairing.

The wonderful thing about PvP.  Is that it's built into the game, and you can start at level 1.  Enter a Battleground and you get your stats bolstered to level 8, 18, 28, or 38, depending on the tier you're playing in.  Tier 1 goes from 1-11, Tier 2 goes from 10-21, Tier 3 goes from 20-31, while Tier 4 is 30-40.  Enter an Open PvP area and your stats are bolstered as well.  You don't have your skills that you would get if you were actually at that level, but your hit points, current skills, and other abilities, all act like you are at that bolstered level.  Kill a player, and you gain renown points, in addition to XP.  No twinks.  Eventually you will level out of the tier you are in, and if you come back, your hit points are dropped to 10%, and you lose all of your abilities, 'chicken'.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 01:33:01 pm »
Sad note... apparently Warhammer cares more about new content than fixing the old content, the new content brought in loads of lag, piled on top of the lag still in from the old content.  Warhammer is unplayable at the moment.  Also, when I mentioned they didn't over cheese any one class... yeah, that was before they decided that their ART designer was going to be a perfect person to "balance" the classes...now there are some instances that are worse than Rogue and DKs...

Sad... so Sad... looks like Warhammer, a game that had such great potential... will be dropped into the dust bin of history, because of short sightedness... looks like its back to WoW...

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 05:00:14 pm »
Lieutenant_Q , If I may suggest two others that are looked over.

LOTR Online is a blast, esp. if you are like me and love a ll the lore from the books. Storvik and I have been playing this together at night. (Granted he has had it a lot longer then myself)

AoC , Frey and others have a ongoing clan on the european servers. I played awhile on the American servers, and this is a game I will get back to. Next month I'll be gettting a new HD, as one of mine is about to fail. Once I do, I'll be over there.

Storvik also sent me an invite to EQ2. Have yet to try it still.

Of course, I still have my two accounts with WOW, and as I've said before, everyone is welcome to my guild. Gul'dan for alliance, Kil'jaeden for Horde.

Stephen