Topic: Great Game - Sid Meier's Civ Revolution  (Read 1150 times)

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
Great Game - Sid Meier's Civ Revolution
« on: August 12, 2008, 11:12:57 am »
So yeah I have a PS3 and got the game.  Lucky me I have a PS3 and there is a major Multiplayer issue right now...  But offline play is awesome.  It is no where near indepth as Civ 4, but I like the fast style of play, and it has still got that "just one more turn" playability down.

Available for Xbox 360, PSP, and PS3.  I would endorse it as a fun game.

AND if you have a PS3 and get it... let me know your PSN so once they fix online play we can beat the snot out of some unsuspecting fools together :-p

PSN:Cetace

GE-Raven

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: Great Game - Sid Meier's Civ Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:38:13 am »
I have a PS3, is it really worth it however, instead of waiting for months when it will finally fall in price (yes, I'm that much of a cheap skate).

I'm considering getting Assassin's creed now that it's finally dropping in price.  Only real full priced game I'm thinking of getting is Force Unleashed.

However, perhaps if you could give a bigger idea of how the game plays, it's interface on console, and how it compares to the other Civs (played Civ2, 3, and 4) I would be interested.  I have been considering getting it, but thinking more when it gets cheaper.

Oh, and how are the graphics?  If they aren't all that great I might get it on a handheld instead.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:15:13 pm »
I have just about got my wife talked into getting a PS3 myself. She saw a Blue Ray movie over at her sis's house, and loved the picture on it. so maybe a few more months down the road...

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Leto Atreides

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 06:53:37 pm »
I have just about got my wife talked into getting a PS3 myself. She saw a Blue Ray movie over at her sis's house, and loved the picture on it. so maybe a few more months down the road...

Stephen

Here's what you do... Buy it then ask forgiveness.  Don't ask permission, just do it! 8)

I've always been a fan of the Sid Meier's games.