ISC versus Klingon Heavy Metal battle  :rockinband:

Corbomite's I-BB
FrogHard's I-CAT
Wraith's I-CAT

versus

Soth's K-B11k
Dib's K-DWL
Farfareres K-FDW.

The FDW died, BB disengaged.   13 Kitty points.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
Re: ATOK 4 Kills
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2008, 07:03:51 pm »
Cut off for scoring.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2008, 07:05:47 pm »
Points for running off a capital ship is so people in those ships actually stay and fight.  Its to prevent people from flying DNs to jump cruisers and then run off the second an opponent shows up in a big ship to challenge them.

if you can't stand the heat, stay out the captians chair. 
That seems a bit too targeted of a rule.  I'd argue that people should have the option to use a capital ship just in the manner that you describe that this rule is meant to combat.  It's an accepted role for these ships.  And the player that does stay and fight but loses is penalized for doing what you want them to do, stay and fight.  I say, points for kills only.  This running off business is just your way of penalizing people for being pussies in your opinion.  The strategic victory of kicking a capital ship out of a hex should be enough.

I do this myself when I have to (like when badly out numbered), but I think somebody bullying Cruiser pilots in a DN is lame.  Capital ships are meant for leading fleets into battle, not pikcing on the little guy.

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2008, 07:20:38 pm »
Points for running off a capital ship is so people in those ships actually stay and fight.  Its to prevent people from flying DNs to jump cruisers and then run off the second an opponent shows up in a big ship to challenge them.

That seems a bit too targeted of a rule.  I'd argue that people should have the option to use a capital ship just in the manner that you describe that this rule is meant to combat.  It's an accepted role for these ships.  And the player that does stay and fight but loses is penalized for doing what you want them to do, stay and fight.  I say, points for kills only.  This running off business is just your way of penalizing people for being pussies in your opinion.  The strategic victory of kicking a capital ship out of a hex should be enough.

I do this myself when I have to (like when badly out numbered), but I think somebody bullying Cruiser pilots in a DN is lame.  Capital ships are meant for leading fleets into battle, not pikcing on the little guy.

one of the primary reasons of having a capital ship in any given area is to intimidate .
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2008, 07:23:56 pm »

one of the primary reasons of having a capital ship in any given area is to intimidate .

Do we really look intimidated?  :D

Yes that's true, but if you aren't willing to battle it out with another fleet you ain't intimidating at all.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2008, 07:27:16 pm »
OK, can we carry on this discussion, as well as others not pertaining directly to kill posting in a different thread, please...?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2008, 08:19:27 pm »
Um, no. Since Dib needs to posture openly in chat about how intimidating he is in his C-7 when I don't stay in a hex to be jumped by him in my CL. Matching ships? Go for it dude. Mismatch? Drop the posturing, unless you don't have some other way to feel good about yourself.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2008, 10:46:27 pm »
Um, no. Since Dib needs to posture openly in chat about how intimidating he is in his C-7 when I don't stay in a hex to be jumped by him in my CL. Matching ships? Go for it dude. Mismatch? Drop the posturing, unless you don't have some other way to feel good about yourself.

LOL...!

i would take your criticism seriously had you not outnumbered me 3 to 1 on the board...am only 1 pilot...and being you were making way towards a planet with only 1 LOS...taking u off that LOS was a viable option...i cannot attack/guard several hexes at once...
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 01:32:25 am »
 :police: :police:
hem, hem
Ok, guys, no more of this in the kills thread. Use this thread only to report kills, keep this discussions off to other threads, that do not enflame any members either.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008, 05:57:53 am »
We should just post names, ships, and results without any flowery descriptions

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2008, 04:25:32 pm »
Soth G-CCH and Kurok R-CNV+ engaged by Thelev F-CAD-R and SFHQ F-DVL Soth deystroyed by the Sun droner and dred run away from Kurok

5pts
I grant you your soul,but not your life.
Be happy that I have found a measure of mercy.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2008, 04:29:03 pm »
Soth G-CCH and Kurok R-CNV+ engaged by Thelev F-CAD-R and SFHQ F-DVL Soth deystroyed by the Sun droner and dred run away from Kurok

5pts

No, you were damaged by the sun, SFHQ destroyed you. 5pts. for the Coalition, 1 pt. for the Kitties.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2008, 04:45:56 pm »

5pts

No, you were damaged by the sun, SFHQ destroyed you. 5pts. for the Coalition, 1 pt. for the Kitties.

The Gorn CCH is worth 2 Points.   

Coalition gets 5
Kitties get 2 for that battle.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2008, 04:58:07 pm »

5pts

Oh and you forgot to mention it was a really fun, epic battle that was probably the best PvP on the server. GG!

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2008, 05:56:34 pm »
ya was a fun game gg to both of you

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2008, 05:58:38 pm »
HBF-Kurok in an ID Defeats Mutilator in a mdwd 3 point
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:16:57 am by KBF-Kurok »

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2008, 10:26:44 pm »
HBF-Kurok in an ID Defeats Mutilator in a mdwd 1 point

Specialty ship is worht 3 points of all size, don't sell yourself short  ;D

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2008, 04:17:46 pm »
Krueg's B11K and Soth's FHP herd Ternado's NCDR and SFHQ_XC's DNH into the sun.
SFHQ escapes with a bad sunburn, Ternado dies of exposure...
8 Coalition points.
GG guys.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2008, 04:22:03 pm »
Ternado,s ncdr kills Deadmans Mcc

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2008, 04:41:35 pm »
Krueg's B11K and Soth's FHP herd Ternado's NCDR and SFHQ_XC's DNH into the sun.
SFHQ escapes with a bad sunburn, Ternado dies of exposure...
8 Coalition points.
GG guys.

I told you guys to wear your sunblock!!!!