Topic: AOTK4: Rules  (Read 22199 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: AOTK4: Rules
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2008, 07:54:55 pm »
how is it the I-BB does not take the same amount of points on the board as a K-B11?

given the exception the I BB is the only ship allowed to fight with the more than rule set of 3 ppd per fleet?

seems a bit biased...

The I-BBZ I would agree. The B11K could take the I-BB pretty easily by itself. Having the right support ships for that thing is important. The best chance you guys had was Marstone who caught me alone with his H-ID. Too bad he was using illegal fighters.

Illegal? heavies? I understood they won't even load into non-h ships...?

I can understand missing this, I should have worded it better:

PF CnC

- Full Tenders with 3+ PF’s may carry no more than 1 Leader, and 1 Special PF, the others must be vanilla.
- Players using Casual Tenders with only 2 PF’s may recover but not re-launch them and the PF's must be vanilla.
- Hydran Heavy Stinger fighters (H-St-S(heavy), H-St-T(Heavy), H-ST-Tm(Heavy) are substituted for PFs.
- Hydran ships designated with an 'h' are allowed 2, but the OM and IDh are allowed 4.

Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2008, 08:01:40 pm »
how is it the I-BB does not take the same amount of points on the board as a K-B11?

given the exception the I BB is the only ship allowed to fight with the more than rule set of 3 ppd per fleet?

seems a bit biased...

The I-BBZ I would agree. The B11K could take the I-BB pretty easily by itself. Having the right support ships for that thing is important. The best chance you guys had was Marstone who caught me alone with his H-ID. Too bad he was using illegal fighters.

Well, I didn't catch you, you jumped me.  But true, wrong fighters, so match ended with me flying off.  Corrected as soon as I got to a base.  But now I am on a baby ship and not worring about the heavy metal anymore. ;)
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2008, 08:05:10 pm »

seems a bit biased...

PF CnC

- Full Tenders with 3+ PF’s may carry no more than 1 Leader, and 1 Special PF, the others must be vanilla.
- Players using Casual Tenders with only 2 PF’s may recover but not re-launch them and the PF's must be vanilla.
- Hydran Heavy Stinger fighters (H-St-S(heavy), H-St-T(Heavy), H-ST-Tm(Heavy) are substituted for PFs.
- Hydran ships designated with an 'h' are allowed 2, but the OM and IDh are allowed 4.

Ah, I see where I missed it, I don't fly PF's normally so didn't read that area well.  (same also really goes for Hydran, this serve I have mainly been Klink)  I only started to bounce around races this last half of the game so far.  Sorry guys, I have a copy of the rules printed in my backpack to reread at work tonight.  Hate to dishonor my fleet.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2008, 08:13:01 pm »

seems a bit biased...

PF CnC

Ah, I see where I missed it, I don't fly PF's normally so didn't read that area well.  (same also really goes for Hydran, this serve I have mainly been Klink)  I only started to bounce around races this last half of the game so far.  Sorry guys, I have a copy of the rules printed in my backpack to reread at work tonight.  Hate to dishonor my fleet.

You dishonor NOTHING.   it's easy to goof on this stuff.   No harm, no foul.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .