Topic: Best American TV shows of the last 30 years or so....  (Read 5932 times)

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Re: Best American TV shows of the last 30 years or so....
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 10:17:54 am »
Wow, it's SOOO nice to see Space:Above and Beyone FINALLY getting it's dues. I KNEW from the second episode it was something special and have finally replaced my aged videotaped episodes with the DVD boxed set. I plan on replacing the 40+ videotapes of B5 soon also with the DVD's.

30 years is quite a span, and 'best' is subjective especially when there's no catagory so I won't litter the thread with my likes/dislikes as there's always someone that won't agree. I'll throw a few of my fav's out tho (that weren't mentioned).

SOAP
The Shield
Desperate Houswives
Wiseguy
Carl Sagan's Cosmos
The Rockford files
Twin Peaks
Moonlighting
The Carol Burnett show
BJ's Gigglesnort Hotel

...And thats not going into cartoons

Speed Racer
Exo Squad
Transformers: Beast wars
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Underdog
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:01:09 am by KBF K MalaK »
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Best American TV shows of the last 30 years or so....
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 11:05:11 am »
Someone finally mentioned SeaQuest!

I seem to remember in the mid 90's there was three Sci-Fi programs that was on Saturday Night.  Friday Night was Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.  Still my favorite Trek Show.

Then on Saturday it went: SeaQuest, Earth 2, and Space: Above and Beyond.  It was Saturday so my parents let me stay up late to catch S:A&B at 10 pm.

What drew me about Earth 2, and still would today, is that my number one fantasy is colonizing a new planet.  I just think that would be so cool, I wouldn't even mind if the planet was a barren dust-ball like Mars, exploring a strange new world would be the height of awesome!

My Top Ten List:

10: M*A*S*H*
9: The A- Team
8: Star Trek: Voyager
7: SeaQuest DSV (2032)
6: Home Improvement
5: Stargate SG-1 (If they had ended it at Season 7 it would be much higher up the list)
4: Earth 2
3: Enterprise
2: Space Above and Beyond
1: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)