Topic: Hardcore XC server going up with new settings  (Read 23296 times)

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Hardcore XC server going up with new settings
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2008, 05:12:06 pm »
Met 22diplomat seems to be a manditory mission I think if you pull it no one will miss it...

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2008, 05:20:02 pm »
ed17 patrol allied..me in klink..got this manditory in a hydran hex...sure hope Im helping and not making more work for ya..

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2008, 05:21:03 pm »
Im on teamspeak when Im on d2

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2008, 08:40:52 pm »
You are getting mandatory because the DB is messed up from the alliances being messed up.. for me to fix that, I would have to wipe the DB clean and restart the server fresh.

If everyone is agreed.. please post here and I will wipe the DB and restart for Mid Era.

This way alliances will be correct.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2008, 09:35:44 pm »
its cool we canrestart to correct things

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2008, 11:24:09 pm »
I am adjusting the HC shiplist adding in Freighters and Monsters.. going to put previous scripts back in and then restart server tomorrow morning about 9 AM CST..

It will have a clean DB and server will start Mid era

I will post new shiplist before the server goes live... It is Same HC shiplist with Freighters added (q ship freighters) and the standard Monsters from OP + v4.0

This should fix Convoy Raids as well as the Monster ship crashing.. with the Alliances fixed for Hydran, then the map and other missions should work correctly.. I still hve concerns about the newer ED scripts.. so I will keep an eye out on them.

Once it restart tomorrow, please post back any scripting issues.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »
will this be the new "official" HC shiplist then?  Should we change the mod chooser to this shiplist or just manually change it around?
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2008, 11:42:19 pm »
This is a preliminary test.. the Official HC shiplist by Xenocorp was originally designed for GSA use only.. Just recently has D.Net and XC decided to use the shiplist for Dyna use.. The changes are still preliminary and we want to get rid of the shiplist bugs first before we state it is "Official" replacement .. we want it to be able to be used on both GSA and D2..

If the new list works without locking up the server or giving wierd ships in missions, then I will discuss with Frey and SFHQ about marking it an Official OP + v4.0 Hardcore Xenocorp Edition shiplist.. but testing has to be done first..

But it shouldn't be that hard to get done.. maybe a week or 2 of the server not crashing due to shiplist errors.. lets just take it one step at a time..

the goal is to have a Hardcore shiplist available for both GSA and D2.. Previously Xenocorp was focused on GSA play.. we are now focusing on D2 campaign and getting things worked out..

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2008, 11:58:32 pm »
  Sounds good.  A side question.  What is the changes that HardCore shiplist had compared to the normal shiplist?  Was it mainly the removal of none combat style ships so it was streamlined for GSA?  Thus the lack of freighters, monsters, and such?  Just wondering as shipwise, I didn't see much difference in them.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2008, 02:18:44 am »
I am adjusting the HC shiplist adding in Freighters and Monsters.. going to put previous scripts back in and then restart server tomorrow morning about 9 AM CST..

It will have a clean DB and server will start Mid era

I will post new shiplist before the server goes live... It is Same HC shiplist with Freighters added (q ship freighters) and the standard Monsters from OP + v4.0

This should fix Convoy Raids as well as the Monster ship crashing.. with the Alliances fixed for Hydran, then the map and other missions should work correctly.. I still hve concerns about the newer ED scripts.. so I will keep an eye out on them.

Once it restart tomorrow, please post back any scripting issues.

Then you can count me out. I had to work my tail off for nearly a week just to get a CA. I'm all up for testing missions and shiplists, but not on this map. It is too haphazard and makes no sense; i.e. 100 Econ hexes with 10 DV, 10 Econ hexes with 50 DV, Planets worth only 10 Econ and 10 DV, Planets in nebulae (makes PA's a bit difficult) and no spacial cohesion to the racial holdings or the terrain. What good is a 100 Econ hex to me if it is 50 hexes away through Neutral and Hostile space, poorly defended by only 10 DV and I'm helpless to reach it or act if it is attacked?  I like the idea of having to build up from practically nothing, but our fiefdoms should be contiguous (albeit small to start) and terrain should make a little more sense Econ and placement wise.

If you want to test shiplists and missions, perhaps a regular old map for this phase would be more appropriate?

Offline Strayy

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Strayy's Tavern
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2008, 05:44:59 am »
Pesty, you still havin settings probs ?  lemme see, a fresh set of  (old)  eyes may help   :P

Admiral Strayy
    Chief cook & bottle washer of Strayy's Tavern
     http://tavern.paulsbeercrew.com

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2008, 08:03:34 am »
Getting them worked out.. I think that having alliances messed up on the Hydrans messed up the DB.. the reset with new shiplist should work fine now.. and then we just need to debug the scripts..

I'm putting the server back up right now with the new shiplist and edited settings.. the DL Location of the hew shiplist is

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/RevisedShiplistHC.zip

Remember put the shiplist and ftrlist into both your Assets/Specs folder and your MetaAssets folder..

GL and have fun

Strayy, if I do have more problems, I'll shoot you a copy of the GF files to look over.. but I think I have it licked now.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2008, 10:04:00 am »
OK.. last min adjustment are done .. download away and let me know..

My first concern is Convoy Raids and if freighters are showing up.

My second concern is the server crashing.. I want to be sure that the scripts are not crashing. All scripts have been added back into the kit.

My third concern is Alliances.. if they are working correctly.

My fourth concern is the shipyards and if freighters are showing up.

Anyhow.. Please let me know.

Again, the DL location is

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/RevisedShiplistHC.zip

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2008, 11:33:46 am »
Chat server error.. fixed.. restarted.. no DB rest

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2008, 02:39:38 pm »
so far  its been pretty good. only real problem so far has been the dizzy assult mission when taken it closes down after 4 seconds have run it 7 times on 2 different planets 9,30 and 8,30 im flying hydran alliances seem to be working so far.
 Also the dizzy heavy assult mission killed mose of the enemy ai defending the planet. 8,30 is a high econ planet in an asteroid field and that is where i ran it.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2008, 03:00:34 pm »
so the suggestion is to pull the Dizzy scripts?

If so.. I can do that in the morning.. just to give time for others to feed back on it.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2008, 05:40:32 pm »
Well, I got the revised shiplist and tried logging in, got missing scripts message... :huh:
Thinking the missions had changed and I missed the post, I redownloaded the linked missions in the first post.
But, still get the missing scripts message, and they are all the Dizzy missions.  :-\
I can't seem to find any updated mission packs, did I miss something?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2008, 05:49:48 pm »
First install the NW mission scripts

Then install The Forge mission scripts.

then try logging on.

I know.. Its not working.. I am uploading the scripts now in zip files.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:07:02 pm by Pestalence_XC »

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2008, 05:54:56 pm »
yes id pull them since they arent working properly

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2008, 06:00:59 pm »
First install the NW mission scripts

Then install The Forge mission scripts.

then try logging on.

Hm, OK, tried that still get the same message...
*sigh*
Going to eat, I'll try again later...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead