Topic: MacGyver film  (Read 7905 times)

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
MacGyver film
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:47 am »
Link to full story

Today at Maker Faire 2008, MacGyver creator (and real life inspiration) Lee David Zlotoff announced he has a big budget MacGyver movie in the planning stages.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
Re: MacGyver film
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:13:14 pm »
If you're gonna make a MacGyver movie, you've got to bring back RD Anderson. I've only got one question, and Judge will love this one.

Back during it's heyday in the '80s, Mac had gorgeous women throwing themselves at him left and right, but never showed any real interest. Was he gay, or did he have a girlfriend with a testicle lockbox?   :BoeseSmilies (71):

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:53:38 am »
Well, he did wind up with a son...

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:44:01 pm »
Well, he did wind up with a son...

Stephen

Gum a test tube and voila a clone son.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 08:35:42 pm »
You forgot the Centrifuge made with a rubber band and Paperclip, oh and three rolls of Duct tape. ;)

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 04:47:46 am »
I was never a MacGyver fan, I only saw bits and pieces when my mother was watching it when I was visiting my parents so I am not conversant with all the details of his "improvisations".

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:19:41 pm »
Question, what exactly was the mission of the Phoenix Foundation?

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:22:55 pm »

SHHHHH... ITS A SECRET
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 09:55:42 pm »

About the same as FLAG for Knight Rider or The Firm for Airwolf
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 10:42:20 pm »

The Airwolf pilot episode stated that the Firm is a black ops division of the CIA.  They built airwolf for espionage and occasional paramilitary work.  FLAG is a private law enforcement organization which was founded by Wilton Knight.  Knight was an auto manufacturer, which is why their primary crime fighting machine was a talking car.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 10:50:43 pm »

The Airwolf pilot episode stated that the Firm is a black ops division of the CIA. They built airwolf for espionage and occasional paramilitary work. FLAG is a private law enforcement organization.

Exactly.. combine the 2 of them and you have Phoenix Foundation
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 10:55:02 pm »

The Airwolf pilot episode stated that the Firm is a black ops division of the CIA. They built airwolf for espionage and occasional paramilitary work. FLAG is a private law enforcement organization.

Exactly.. combine the 2 of them and you have Phoenix Foundation

But phoenix seemed to have its hand in everything.  In one episode they had a safehouse, I remember one episode MacGyver mentioned that they were developing alternate energy specifically a geothermal power plant.  It has been a few years since I've seen a MacGyver episode.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:16:20 am by knightstorm »

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 10:59:21 pm »

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 05:36:11 pm »
Back during it's heyday in the '80s, Mac had gorgeous women throwing themselves at him left and right, but never showed any real interest. Was he gay, or did he have a girlfriend with a testicle lockbox?   :BoeseSmilies (71):

Ya' know, I'd actually buy that MacGuyver was gay.  Something about the way he grinned in the intro, the even tan, and the thing that you mentioned.  If he wasn't gay, perhaps he was a closet case.  Oh, and the hair.

I don't think it's what the character's creators intended, mind.  It was the thing in the '80's to have your male hero be the 'unapproachable lone wolf'.  Which actually reinforces that whole gay idea because most guys that give off that vibe are gay. ;D
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 05:41:27 pm »
I think they would have called the series "MacGayver" if he was gay.... ::)

And he would have travlled the world interiour decorating using stuff he had to hand or found.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 05:58:32 pm »
Well to be fair, the demands of the series didn't really allow him to end up with anyone.  His character has to travel the world having adventures, so he couldn't get tied down with a girlfriend, and he was the hero of a prime time series which meant he had to set some sort of moral example, and not have multiple one night stands.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 06:35:48 pm »
To quote Denis Hopper.... "Heroes are such shallow characters.... that's why I prefer to play villans.... now they have depth plus equal screen time and have more fun."

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Akira_Commander567

• Zachary "the Marksman" Rich
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 01:11:41 pm »
Is it true he made a bomb out a stick of gum?
The truth is like a thriple-edged sword, your side, their side, and the truth.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 01:19:56 pm »
Wasn't there an episode when they introduced MacGyver's son?  I seem to remember it being late in the series, back when Pete was starting to be blind on the screen, (like the actor was in real life)
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Akira_Commander567

• Zachary "the Marksman" Rich
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 01:28:17 pm »
I think so, my mom has EVERY SINGLE episode avaliable on DVD. She likes to watch them alot.
The truth is like a thriple-edged sword, your side, their side, and the truth.