Topic: Age of Conan  (Read 20081 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Age of Conan
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 09:00:27 am »
I did not know that. You can understand my confusion about the "30 days of free play included" quote on the box then.

Don't let me be a wet blanket here though, I guess I'm just too cheap to play these pay-to-play games.

Looks like a great game, you guys have fun!

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 10:48:37 am »
well if you still have the game you could always kill off your 30 day trial ;)  I have a character on the Set US server so (Retaw) so give me a holla if you do decide to get on
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 12:04:24 pm »
I bought it at Futureshop on Dec 30, 2008 - 4 days ago. Perhaps I got an expired copy? The Futureshop price sticker on the box was printed June 6 2008, The publisher's copyright sticker is dated 2008.

The problem here is that you don't get the 30 days unless you buy at least another 30 days additional time. So it is not free. $50 is as much as I'm willing to pay for a game these days.

Luckily I bought a cheap $10 game the same day: Full Spectrum Warrior. It's kinda cool, a cross between an RTS and FPS. I find I always get the best value on the $10 games. That's what Portal cost me and it kept me busy for a week. Good value.

Looks like you can get a free ad supported version of FSW too: http://files.filefront.com/Full+Spectrum+Warrior/;11928826;/fileinfo.html Interesting.

Moral of the story: do as I often do and buy a cheapy game too when you buy an expensive one, that way you're reasonably assured one of them will work. Makes it less of a letdown. It often turns out that the cheapy games are more reliable and have better gameplay in terms of actual game design, though I have seen some pretty bad $10 games too.

This is incorrect, Bonk.

When you register your CD Key, True you have to provide either a game card or a credit card to activate the account.

Once the account is activated, you go into your billing information and delete your credit card information.. you still have your 30 days free.. this is what I am doing.. to continue my account.. I will have them direct debit my account every 2 months for $25.. $24.99 = 60 days.

So you do get your 30 days free as I have not yet allowed billing information to be applied to my account.

Now when my 30 days nears the end of its run, then I can apply additional funds to continue playing if I wish to do so.

Also if you buy an American game, you can contact Funcom by their email address and tell them that your guild sent you a copy of the game but the Key is to the wrong server.. Funcom will edit your key on their end and change you to the EU servers.. you only have to make sure that you install the game and use the EU patch to play on the EU servers.. the patch will give you full EU content instead of the censored US content.

Anyhow.. I hope that this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2009, 08:17:16 pm »
Yea, Ron is coming over to AoC EU, atleast last he said !!!!

I'm not sure how valid the tactic is of having the GM's change your account from US to EU, but you can get a cheap cd key here:

www.hotcdkey.com

You can also get gamecards.

This is currently the only Pay for Play MMO I play, and I will be playing it for as long as it's up and running.

Oh and Lepton, do you ever post ANYTHING positive?

Jesus Christ dude, you sure are a sour puss.

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 08:34:40 pm »

I'm not sure how valid the tactic is of having the GM's change your account from US to EU

This was the email I recieved from Funcrom on my US key Frey.. I owe you 1 CD Key

Greetings,

No problem at all, just install the game, set up your account, then respond to this e-mail, and I will switch your account so that you can access the EU servers.

Take care and enjoy the game.

Merci de nous avoir contacté, et passez une bonne soirée.

Thank you for contacting Funcom offline support, have a nice day.

Cordialement,

GM Scimitar

All I told them was that my guild bought me a copy of the game but the game was US version for US servers and our Guild was on Aquilonia EU server and if they could possibly change my CD key.

Currently I can now play AOC on either US or EU servers thanks to you Frey.

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 09:49:36 pm »
Yea, Ron is coming over to AoC EU, atleast last he said !!!!

Ron eh... well i suppose we can blame that on an inability to type now can't we ;) I mean, technically the N is right next to the B key :)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 01:37:05 am »
A small little preview at the Dragon's Lair on Age of Conan.
Due note 2 things, my graphics are on low since Idon't have the best computer in the world, AND this is a MULTI-Co-Group quest, not for solo, which is why I'm dead in the pics  ;D
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline jams002

• Ensign
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:47 am »
how old conan now??

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2009, 09:37:57 am »
In the game? He's about 60 yo.

The books, well, IIRC, they started around 1927 or so. I will have to look that up to be sure.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 10:19:54 pm »
how old conan now??

Well, since the cimarians are supposed to be proto-celtic people, He's at least a few thousand years old.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2009, 06:14:15 am »
http://www.ageofconan.com/trial/

free 7 day trials for anyone interested.  Most of us are on the EU server Aquilonia, which is a PvP-RP server
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:26:30 pm by Tus-XC »
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2009, 06:23:31 pm »
And some more stuffs on the status of the game, an interview at mmorpg.org w/ the game director

Part 1
Part 2
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2009, 08:44:09 pm »
Well.. Here is my Main character, Teymour.

He is a lvl 80 Barbrian.. Feater currently as a Berzerker due to gaining an Epic Tier 1 Greataxe of Violent Rage and Epic Tier 1 Helm of Violent Rage

During the raid gaining these items I was speced out for max damage as a Berzerker / Reaver hybrid character..

I also got this character a Social Pet (can not be used in combat), it is quite crude on its animations (which are random) and can either cause great laughing or get you in trouble in RP situations.. I like it.

So I am going to post first Teymour close up showing the Helm and the Axe, and then the Raid on the dragon Vistrix which got Teymour his Helm and Axe.. one pic at the beginning of the raid, and one once the dragon was defeated.

Hope you like them.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:57:58 pm by Cptn_Pestalence_XC »

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2009, 02:09:14 am »
My dude, Retaw... lvl 75 Herald of Xolti, melee/caster aka glass cannon.

Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2009, 08:07:12 pm »
just restarted my account with AoC (will be switching it over to the EU servers (though not to thrilled about pvp but will try it)

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 02:46:12 pm »
Just got an e-mail back from Funcom stateing they can't transfer the account fromt he US server to EU that I would have to buy a EU key and redo the accoutn stuff. (hopeing I don't lose out on the free stuff they gave me for resubing if I redo the account as EU)

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2009, 12:10:33 am »
well got m EU accoutn set up and running for AoC now. is ready to join the gang.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2009, 01:20:13 pm »
http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=138815
Funcom announces a unique holiday offer for Age of Conan. Anyone who downloads, registers, and starts playing the trial before January 1st 2010 will be able to enjoy all of level one to twenty – the entire Island of Tortage experience – without ever having to upgrade to a full account or pay a subscription fee. This unique Unlimited Free Trial campaign is only available until January 1st as a special holiday offer to anyone who wishes to experience the savage world of Conan.

Celebrate the holiday season by downloading the trial today, and experience ‘Age of Conan’ in all its savage, sexy and brutal glory. Go to www.ageofconan.com/trial to download the client and start your barbaric adventures today. Players can level up as many characters as they want before choosing to move on and explore the rest of the game. Players will be able to enjoy all of what Tortage Island has to offer, complete with player vs. environment and player vs. player gameplay. Users must take advantage of this offer before January 1st, and will need to log in to the game for the offer to take effect
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2011, 02:29:15 pm »
Bump :angel:,....
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner