Topic: Age of Conan  (Read 20083 times)

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Age of Conan
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 10:36:54 pm »
Yea , tip one would be,.. contact Frey about  the fact that you got it.;)
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 10:59:30 pm »
The mod has been put on hold until we can find someone that can code DirectX stuff. We are haveing some problems with the launcher for it.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 11:53:45 am »
Yea , tip one would be,.. contact Frey about  the fact that you got it.;)

Hehe, I will do that Man. :D

Man I'm patching from yesterday and today, and except for 2-5 central time, I'm limited with my ISP to 425 mb's per day. (well basicly that.)

So the next patch is 1.3 gig, not sure how many after that, but I will patch them late tonight , this morning.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 08:14:06 am »
For EVERYONE that is still playing Age of Conan.

XenoCorp has a guild up on the EU server Aquilonia. It's a RP PvP server.

We already have a guild city built, working on upgrading it to Tier II right now.

If you'd like to play with us then by all means JOIN US and enjoy the fun.

You *will* have to get a EU license for the game, and then use that account when logging in, but we'll help you out in Tortage and what-not, and as a guildie you get perks like:

Level 20 : Burlap Sack for more gear storage

Level 30 : XC pays for your Basic Riding training manual

Level 40 : XC pays for your first mount. (No, not a prostitute *sigh*)

Shoot me a PM if you want, or get on D.Net / XC Teamspeak and come talk to us.

Regards,

Frey
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 06:19:55 pm »
I would love to, But where can I buy a EU key/Copy of the game? I asked there customer support via, American servers, and got no answer there either.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 11:36:21 pm »
I don't have AoC, but just out of curiosity, what is the advantage to playing on an EU server as opposed to an American one?

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 02:54:34 am »
Well one reason would be that the playing style on those servers is different.

Second,..It is an international community and a nice opportunity to expand XenoCorps® field of operations beyond the American Horizon.

Third,..We will not face the danger of censorship in regard to adult content, and avoid all the American kiddies who played for the boobs in the game.

etc,.. etc,..
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 03:38:13 am »
I would love to, But where can I buy a EU key/Copy of the game? I asked there customer support via, American servers, and got no answer there either.

Stephen

That's odd, because you can get a "digital copy" of the EU client (and, visa-vi, a EU key) directly off Funcom's site, and the Age of Conan site.

Here's the link:

https://register.ageofconan.com/signup/ctrl/register/us/conan/AGEOFCONAN-DIGITAL-EUROPE

Make sure after entering your country as UNITED STATES, the next page has:

Age of Conan Europe: Digital Download

You'd be buying directly from FunCom, so your supporting the guys that make and maintain the game without a middle man.

:)

Now come join us !!!! Look for Astotherous (guild leader, my Necromancer) on the RP PvP Server Aquilonia. You *must* roll a character on Aquilonia for you to be in our guild.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 04:22:44 am »

Third,..We will not face the danger of censorship in regard to adult content, and avoid all the American kiddies who played for the boobs in the game.

etc,.. etc,..

Wow.  Boobs without boobs. :laugh:

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2008, 09:43:27 am »

Stephen

That's odd, because you can get a "digital copy" of the EU client (and, visa-vi, a EU key) directly off Funcom's site, and the Age of Conan site.

Here's the link:

https://register.ageofconan.com/signup/ctrl/register/us/conan/AGEOFCONAN-DIGITAL-EUROPE

Make sure after entering your country as UNITED STATES, the next page has:

Age of Conan Europe: Digital Download

You'd be buying directly from FunCom, so your supporting the guys that make and maintain the game without a middle man.

:)

Now come join us !!!! Look for Astotherous (guild leader, my Necromancer) on the RP PvP Server Aquilonia. You *must* roll a character on Aquilonia for you to be in our guild.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Regards,

Outstanding Frey , will do man. hehe, see I was looking to trying to buy a boxed copy of the EU game in the us. Do they give you the key right away? also. Please note, that I am still limited to 475 mb's DL a day, so that 15 gig, will take a long long time, unless the US game client can simply be patched over to the EU.

Heh, My main is a necro also.

Stephen

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2008, 07:20:53 pm »
I read on wikipedia that one of the things that was censored was the ability to get drunk and start fights in the tavern.  Is that in the European version, because it sounds so cool!

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 12:26:31 pm »
As far as i know, that is a postponed feature ,.. and not a censorship victim.
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2008, 10:54:05 pm »
Well, here is my AoC character.. using my same name.

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2009, 11:53:41 am »
ok, i love this game :)... now i wish there was an easy way to change the account type... o well guess i'm staying on the US servers
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2009, 01:35:54 pm »
Age of Conan is dying or dead.   If you are going to go with an alternative to WOW, at least go Warhammer or LOTRO (whose subscription numbers are going up).  I don't think you are going to get any long term payoff for investing your time in AoC.

Check out this article at Massively.com for some sense of where the subscription numbers are going:

http://www.massively.com/2008/12/29/gamerdna-and-massively-look-back-at-the-mmo-year-in-review/

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 01:23:16 pm »
Those xfire statistics distort the image.

As matter of fact  it is a advantage if Aoc steers away from the mass market in regard to the sort of players you can find on the servers.

Those initial losses are very welcome from that perspective.

Then there is the  setting, you cant  simply go play another Conan mmorg.

I think its far away from being dead,but we will see how things turn out in the end.
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 08:21:05 pm »
Well I always knew better then to try a pay-to-play game, and I'm sorry but this was my first.

I paid $50 for it in the store, it took a long time to install, even longer time to patch. I tried to login with the provided CD key and 30 days "free" game time as promised on the box. I was rather disappointed to find that they want a minimum of $15 more just to be able to play. What happened to my free 30 days? Worse yet, the only options besides credit cards are only available in $30 units. So, if they wanted $80 for the game why didn't they say so on the box?

Not only that, I have to pay an additional $40 dollars and endure a 15GB download if I want to play it against my friends on servers worldwide? Supposedly that deal includes 30 days game time too... yeah right.

I think I'm taking it back to the store. The CD Key is probably invalid now though, as I entered it on the site but did not pay up. I already paid.

Not good value at all, I paid $50 and while it kept me busy for a while waiting for the installation and patch some time, and I got to hear a sample of what might be a nice soundtrack in the intro menu, but I got zero play time whatsoever, and a $50, 32GB white elephant on my hard disk. I think I'll start reclaiming that space now, at least I know I can get that back.

I should have known better.

My punishment for neglecting SFC I guess.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:33:54 pm by Bonk »

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 09:04:08 pm »
Well I always knew better then to try a pay-to-play game, and I'm sorry but this was my first.

I paid $50 for it in the store, it took a long time to install, even longer time to patch. I tried to login with the provided CD key and 30 days "free" game time as promised on the box. I was rather disappointed to find that they want a minimum of $15 more just to be able to play. What happened to my free 30 days? Worse yet, the only options besides credit cards are only available in $30 units. So, if they wanted $80 for the game why didn't they say so on the box?

Not only that, I have to pay an additional $40 dollars and endure a 15GB download if I want to play it against my friends on servers worldwide? Supposedly that deal includes 30 days game time too... yeah right.

I think I'm taking it back to the store. The CD Key is probably invalid now though, as I entered it on the site but did not pay up. I already paid.

Not good value at all, I paid $50 and while it kept me busy for a while waiting for the installation and patch some time, and I got to hear a sample of what might be a nice soundtrack in the intro menu, but I got zero play time whatsoever, and a $50, 32GB white elephant on my hard disk. I think I'll start reclaiming that space now, at least I know I can get that back.

I should have known better.

My punishment for neglecting SFC I guess.  ;D

huh? wanted cash for your 30 days?  didn't do that to me and I register this about 2 days ago.  Outside of the huge as install and the hour wait to patch (which wasn't to bad... guild wars can take just as long) getting it all set up wasn't to much a hassle for me.  How long have you had it?
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2009, 09:34:19 am »
I bought it at Futureshop on Dec 30, 2008 - 4 days ago. Perhaps I got an expired copy? The Futureshop price sticker on the box was printed June 6 2008, The publisher's copyright sticker is dated 2008.

The problem here is that you don't get the 30 days unless you buy at least another 30 days additional time. So it is not free. $50 is as much as I'm willing to pay for a game these days.

Luckily I bought a cheap $10 game the same day: Full Spectrum Warrior. It's kinda cool, a cross between an RTS and FPS. I find I always get the best value on the $10 games. That's what Portal cost me and it kept me busy for a week. Good value.

Looks like you can get a free ad supported version of FSW too: http://files.filefront.com/Full+Spectrum+Warrior/;11928826;/fileinfo.html Interesting.

Moral of the story: do as I often do and buy a cheapy game too when you buy an expensive one, that way you're reasonably assured one of them will work. Makes it less of a letdown. It often turns out that the cheapy games are more reliable and have better gameplay in terms of actual game design, though I have seen some pretty bad $10 games too.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2009, 11:54:56 am »
Bonk, the credit card is not charged until the 30 days have expired. As far as I know all of the subscription games require that.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.