Topic: The Forge - Rolling Thunder  (Read 25609 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
The Forge - Rolling Thunder
« on: April 15, 2008, 01:28:25 pm »
I'll fill in some background and info in this post as we go.

As usual:

Shiplist: FireSoul's OP+4
Missions: ftp://www.dynaverse.net/sfc2_op/Scripts/TheForgeScripts.exe

And of course:

The Online Campaign Interface (OCI)

Basically the same mission pack as before but with Dave's latest versions plus the new Warp Patrols pack to get some testing in on them.

Please post any issues, suggestions or constructive criticisms. (I expect the map will need a little work)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 06:33:18 am by Bonk »

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
Re: The Forge - Rolling Thunder
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:33:21 pm »
Logged in, first one... ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 05:01:24 pm »
I noticed the map isn't showing planets or bases.
May we also make it so the roster shows only hull class instead of specific ships?
ie. CA instead of D7C.

Nice to see the Forge back up.
And the map is even different from the last one.  ;D
TY, XC.  :notworthy:
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 06:31:23 pm »

Yes, I disabled base and planet display on the webmap. I also put the homeworld display on the roster inside a "showplanets" conditional.

May we also make it so the roster shows only hull class instead of specific ships?
ie. CA instead of D7C.

Done.

Yes it is, and I thought you might appreciate a new map, though it has a few rough edges.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 10:28:52 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 06:44:29 pm »
Well, I'll give it a few days and if there are no major issues I might just let it roll as is, and post a better description. As I can make any necessary map edits or mission list changes on the fly.

I have also scheduled a full backup of the database at 4:05 am every day, so we should never lose more than a day if anything goes wrong so long as major issues are reported promptly. (I made a slick little script to do it this time around)

As usual, expect weekly or biweekly db cleans depending on how quick it clutters.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 06:51:22 pm »

Yes, I disabled map and planet display on the webmap. I also put the homeworld display on the roster inside a "showplanets" conditional.

ie. CA instead of D7C.

Done.

Yes it is, and I thought you might appreciate a new map, though it has a few rough edges.

oops... :-[
And TY, Bonk... ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 07:35:56 pm »
I guess I better fill in some info in at the top of the thread soon... ;)

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 10:14:26 pm »
Ran several missions, and all appears to be working well :)
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 01:39:58 am »
I was on twice and everything seemed to just be humming along.
"Out swords and to work with all!"---Cyrano de Bergerac

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:34 am »

Coolness!  Good to see the Forge back!

I know there were issues with the warp missions, but will have to read through that monster thread to recall them all.

thanks Bonk!
dave

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 03:53:14 pm »
Question:

If we have to use our e-mail address from here to access the OCI and IIRC we can't make a new character with that e-mail on the server once it has been used, how do we access the OCI if we transfer our stats to a new account?

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 04:44:41 pm »
Awesome front end Bonk!

How EZ it to set up on the webspace end?

I'm slowly working through my router issues, but the server box is fine and has been tweaked a little....though Had an unrelated power issue that diverted attention..but replaced the breaker (fried), pushmatic type ... expensive cause they dont make em any more. It looks like sooner than later will have to replace the panel itself...not the most thrilling task or cheap.

I think I got my sea legs w/ the .gf files and the editor back (i think) and it wont be long for an alpha test of the Friction Effect.

I understand there are "new" terrain codes that is recognized by newer scripts, I guess u folks have modifed the definitions file in artifex and added them on the map....is this stable?
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 04:46:48 pm »
Question:

If we have to use our e-mail address from here to access the OCI and IIRC we can't make a new character with that e-mail on the server once it has been used, how do we access the OCI if we transfer our stats to a new account?

Uh... :scratchead:  ... activating complicated, obfuscated question processing modules...

...5% ....50% ...99% ...100%

Processing complete - response:

Um, isn't that why I created the OCI's transfers page? So you can use one server account that matches your forums email and just switch it to whatever race you want whenever you want? (well you must be logged off the server to transfer to another race)

The transfers page does not use a different account, it just changes the race of your existing account,  nothing else. (note: do not retain foreign ships for long periods, I expect people to report that unaddressed exploit should they see someone doing it... i.e. transferring from Gorn to Prime with A Gorn DN and proceed to warp double in missions for many turns without buying a Prime ship... I'll address that eventually)

Ok, all that said, are you telling me you have created a second server account and do not want to use your first one anymore, and now your forums account does not match? If so, just use your first account and use the player transfers control on the OCI. If you do not want to do that I suppose I can edit your email address for you in the forums database. Or you can do it yourself so long as you can receive the re-activation email at the new address.  (you'd need to logout/login on the forums for that to take on the OCI)

Clear as mud?

Bottom line, use the transfers page on the OCI and you can skip all of the complications of multiple server and forums accounts.

Look for "Race Transfers" under "Player Controls" and you should find what you desire.

Now, if you're looking to create multiple accounts to exploit PP transfers, that is frowned upon, and current OCI settings should make it unprofitable anyway. (I doubt that is what you are up to, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway)

EDIT: on further examination, you question is still not clear.

Do you have one account on the server that matches your forums email address? If so, why don't you want to use that account?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:17:18 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
Awesome front end Bonk!

Thanks!

How EZ it to set up on the webspace end?

Pretty easy. Best if the server database host is local to the webserver. (and best if the serverkit and database are local as well, better yet on the same box connected by named pipe) You can also run all three on the same box, but you want lots of CPU and ram if you're going to use the OCI shipyard with a large shiplist.

If you have not run your own webserver before I recommend Abyss from Aprelium, follow their instructions to install PHP on Abyss (supports fastCGI which may also support eAccelerator or APC) DynDNS can be a help too (assuming you're on a residential connection with dynamic IP and no existing domain name) (and be sure to enable zlib output compression in PHP as well @~level5 but I might have a gzip handler switch in some of these webpmaps too... I'd have to look, or its easy enough to add)

I strongly advise against a shared/freehosting environment. Parsing the shiplist is just too demanding for a shared host. I also would not send the sql queries and results over the internet in the clear (you could setup SSL for MySQL though).

Also, the OCI  uses SMF 1.0.x authentication. So you would need to have an SMF 1.0.x forums install on your webserver as well. Though this could be disabled and replaced with a simpler auth scheme if you can code it.

Uh, OK, maybe its not so easy... but its not really as complicated as it sounds. Note also I have a flatfile webmap that displays lots of stuff, but it only reads the database, it cannot edit it.

I think I got my sea legs w/ the .gf files and the editor back (i think) and it wont be long for an alpha test of the Friction Effect.

"Friction Effect" ... cool!  8)  I assume you're up to movement impedance tricks? You could also edit the impedance values in the db (SQl or flatfile) mid server for some interesting possibilies.

I understand there are "new" terrain codes that is recognized by newer scripts, I guess u folks have modifed the definitions file in artifex and added them on the map....is this stable?

No. Not stable. Use stock terrain definitions. I'd like to come back to the new terrains at some point, but it's tricky as it directly involves the serverkit, mission scripts and the client (and could cause mission incompatibilites - we need to maintain backward compatibility for mission scripts as much as possible)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:34:10 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 06:30:25 pm »
DynDNS can be a help too (assuming you're on a residential connection with dynamic IP and no existing domain name)

Further, if you run the game server behind a router you will need to use the CentralSwitchAddress line in ServersSetup.gf. (it is not therein the gf in current releases) Additionally, when you run a "serverplatform.exe -install" at the command line in the folder you run it from it will advise you of this if it detects a local IP address.

Like so (example domain):
Code: [Select]
[CentralSwitchSetup]
Listen = 1
CentralSwitchPort = 27100
CentralSwitchAddress="razalyllib.dyndns.org"

Or use the IP address if you have a static public IP, if it is dynamic however you will need to use a dynamic dns solution or modify that setting and kick the server every time your WAN IP changes, which can be unpredictable, but usually weekly DHCP leases are common these days and 9 times out of 10 you'll get the same IP address again.

I've used Deerfield's DNS2Go in the past, it was quite reasonably priced and very reliable. I have not used DynDNS mysef, but it is free... I think others in the community have used No-IP after experiencing troubles with DynDNS. yeah.. it was: http://sfcx.no-ip.com/ hehe... looks like he's running Fedora (ugh - Fedora - blech) on that box now and has not setup a webserver fully. Was that Castrin or Pestalence's site? I forget.

Some routers even come with a Dynamic DNS client these days, or sometimes in newer firmware for older routers.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 08:24:43 pm »

EDIT: on further examination, you question is still not clear.

Do you have one account on the server that matches your forums email address? If so, why don't you want to use that account?

I haven't tried to change anything yet. I have one account under this e-mail and I was looking at the transfer screen to see how things worked (I wasn't around when you first set this up so bear with me). I noticed that there were names listed under various races that were other people's accounts, but no obvious way to create an account from there so it looked like you could only transfer to an exsisting account. That led me to the question of how I do that if the OCI will only recognize my forum e-mail address and a new account requires a new address. Clear as mud?  ;D

EDIT:

Never mind! I was looking at the prestige transfer screen, not the player transfer. DOH!!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:44 pm »
(I wasn't around when you first set this up so bear with me).

Ah I see, no problem at all.

I noticed that there were names listed under various races that were other people's accounts, but no obvious way to create an account from there so it looked like you could only transfer to an exsisting account. That led me to the question of how I do that if the OCI will only recognize my forum e-mail address and a new account requires a new address. Clear as mud?  ;D

Yes, clear as mud.  ;D  Have you looked at it today? (I fixed a bug in it late last night) It should not be showing you other player accounts unless I have you configured as an RM or admin... If it was showing you other player names that was a bug. (introduced by restricting transfers by location at Dizzy's request and I forgot to declare the global config variable for it inside the function, actually it was due to me using a newer config file and older code for the oci, chanes were made for SGO at Dizzy's request but files got shuffled a little since then, but I've got it sorted out now I think... but you don't need to know that...)

The transfers page should only give you a list of races to transfer to, you should not see any other player names on that page.

See the attached images, The first is before I transfer (Bonk, Kzinti), then I selected Gorn and pressed the "Transfer!" button and the second image is after I pressed the transfer button showing that I am Still Bonk, currently Gorn and that the transfer was successful.

Now when I log in, I will be Gorn, (and will show as Gorn on the OCI roster) but still have my Kzin ship until I trade it in for a Gorn one (required -  you can do it right there on the OCI, buy new race ship, and trade-in old race ship). All that has changed is my race. My Account email, Character Name, PP, Glicko.. etc will all still be the same. Only one account is involved. Use the same single login at the Serverlist login. The whole idea is that multiple accounts are not required to play different races. Does that explain how it works?  (I have changed my race back to Kzin since this post)

I think this whole thing has enough features now that some merit explanation. I will add a help page for the OCI to my todo list. ;)

I admit, that transfers interface is a little awkward. I'll look at making it more intuitive.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:29:50 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 09:17:30 pm »
Here is the config file for the OCI, it will explain much of the functions and configurability:
(anything after "//" is a comment or is commented out - oh cool, I forgot SMF will color code them as orange! but it didnt preserve the spacing quite right though...):

Code: [Select]
<?php

//emails faked for this post
$serveradmins = array();
$serveradmins[0] = "bonk@example.com"//Bonk
$serveradmins[1] = "frey@example.com"//Frey
$serveradmins[2] = "braxton@example.com"//Braxton
$serveradmins[3] = "sfhq@example.com"//SFHQ

$serverRMs = array();
$serverRMs[0] = "krueg@example.com"// Krueg
$serverRMs[1] = "deadmansix@example.com"// deadman

$campbaseyear "2263";

$showplanets 0 // set to zero to disable planet display
$showbases 0; // set to zero to disable base display
$showplayerloc 1; // set to zero to disable player location displays

//database config info faked for this post
$D2dbhostname      "databasehost"; // The D2 MySQL db servers hostname OR IP address
$D2dbport "portnumber"; // The D2 MySQL db server port number
$D2db "databasename"; // The name of the MySQL D2 database
$D2dbuser      "user"; // The MySQL user to connect as
$D2dbpass  "password"; // The password for that user
$D2campname "The Forge"; // The D2 campaign name (just for titles)

$cssloc "/oci/oci.css"; // path to css on webserver

$ociroot "/oci";  // root webmap folder
$forumsroot "/forum"// SMF forum root
$useforumslink 1// show a link to the SMF forum

$usekills 1; // Use the kills page - set to zero to disable

$BattleRepDelay 0; // Delay in minutes before battles appear on the recent battles and destroyed ships pages
$BattleRepNum 200; // Number of Recent battles to report - keep low to minimise server load

$RosterShipDet "class"; // Ship detail shown on roster page "class" or "ship"

$usetransfers 1; // Set to zero to dssable player race transfers
if ($usetransfers == 1) {
$transferanywhere 0; // Set to zero to restrict transfers to planets and bases - set to one for transfers anywhere
$transfermode "any"; // Set to "allied" to limit transfers to allied races only, or "any" for any race
}

$usePPtransfers 1; // Allow character to character prestige transfers, set to zero to disable
if ($usePPtransfers == 1) {
$PPtransfersMin 6000; // Minimum transfer
$PPtransfersMax 1000000; // Maximum transfer
$PPtransfersTax 0; // Transfer service charge in percent, charged to donor
$PPtransfersSur 2000; // Transfer surcharge, charged to donor
}

$uselocations 1; // Set to zero to disable Wormholes/Stargates
if ($uselocations == 1) {
$locationsmode "Wormholes"; // locations mode "Wormholes" (black holes) or "Stargates" (homeworlds, starbases)
$locationsally "any"; // Set to "allied" to limit locations to allied hexes only, or "any" for any race hexes
$locationsprice 50; // Price in PP per hex moved
$locationsfail 0; // Probability of wormhole/stargate collapse (0-100) 
}

$usejavairc 1;
if (
$usejavairc == 1) {
$d2IRCserver "irc.example.com"; // IRC server in use by D2 server - faked for this post
$d2IRCserverport 6667;
$d2IRCGenChan "#General@TheForge";
}

$usets 1; // Use TS webpost page
if ($usets == 1) {
$TSlink       "http://www.dynaverse.net/tsinfo/"; // TS webpost page address
}

$useOoBadmin 0;  // Heh, started this back in '02, I still have the code somewhere... I must finish that and make full use of OP+4

$useshipassign 1;
if (
$useshipassign == 1) {
$RMshipassignmode "any"; // RM ship assignment mode: "any" or "allied" ship races.
}

$useshipyard 1; // Use shipyard pages (fill out forums and D2 server info above)
if ($useshipyard == or $useshipassign == 1) {
$shipyardanywhere 0; // Set to zero to restrict shipyard to planets and bases - set to one to allow shipyards anywhere
$MinimumBidFactor  6; // The multiplier for the minimum bid for a ship (in economy.gf)
$TradeinFactor 6; // Trade-in multiplier (converse of MinimumBid Factor)
$Cost_Difficulty 1.0; // The cost multiplier for the current difficulty setting (in economy.gf)
$MaximumOwnedShips 3; // Max ships owned as set in economy.gf  - NOTE: I can set this to 6 and they'll work in mission but not in spacedock.
$classcostmod  = array(); // This is a modifier per <eClassType> for the price of a ship (don't change this line - it just declares the array - edit the lines below according to economy.gf)
$classcostmod[0 1.0; // Shuttle class cost modifier
$classcostmod[1 1.0; // PF class cost modifier
$classcostmod[2 1.0; // Freighter class cost modifier
$classcostmod[3 0.9; // Frigate class cost modifier
$classcostmod[4 1.0; // Destroyer class cost modifier
$classcostmod[5 2.0; // War Destroyer class cost modifier
$classcostmod[6 1.5; // Light Cruiser class cost modifier
$classcostmod[7 2.0; // Heavy Cruiser class cost modifier
$classcostmod[8 2.25; // New Heavy Cruiser class cost modifier
$classcostmod[9 3.0; // Heavy Battlecruiser class cost modifier
$classcostmod[10 4.0; // Carrier class cost modifier
$classcostmod[11 5.0; // Dreadnaught class cost modifier
$classcostmod[12 8.0; // Battleship class cost modifier
$classcostmod[13 1.0; // Listening Post class cost modifier
$classcostmod[14 2.0; // Base Station class cost modifier
$classcostmod[15 3.5; // Battle Station class cost modifier
$classcostmod[16 5.0; // Starbase class cost modifier
$classcostmod[17 1.0; // Monster class cost modifier
$classcostmod[18 1.0; // Planet class cost modifier
$classcostmod[19 1.0; // Special class cost modifier

// Limited availability ship classes:
$limavail  = array();
$limavail['SHUTTLE' "limited"; // Shuttle
$limavail['PF' "limited"; // PF
$limavail['FREIGHTER' "avail"; // Freighter
$limavail['FRIGATE' "avail"; // Frigate
$limavail['DESTROYER' "avail"; // Destroyer
$limavail['WAR_DESTROYER' "avail"; // War Destroyer
$limavail['LIGHT_CRUISER' "avail"; // Light Cruiser
$limavail['HEAVY_CRUISER' "avail"; // Heavy Cruiser
$limavail['NEW_HEAVY_CRUISER' "avail"; // New Heavy Cruiser
$limavail['HEAVY_BATTLECRUISER' "avail"; // Heavy Battlecruiser
$limavail['CARRIER' "avail"; // Carrier
$limavail['DREADNOUGHT' "avail"; // Dreadnaught
$limavail['BATTLESHIP' "avail"; // Battleship
$limavail['LISTENING_POST' "limited"; // Listening Post
$limavail['BASE_STATION' "avail"; // Base Station
$limavail['BATTLE_STATION' "avail"; // Battle Station
$limavail['STARBASE' "avail"; // Starbase
$limavail['MONSTER' "limited"; // Monster
$limavail['PLANET' "limited"; // Planet
$limavail['SPECIAL' "limited"; // Special
// To limit individual ships for this interface add " lim" to the end of the SFB Year Last Available field in the copy of the shiplist placed in this folder for use by the webmap
}

// Empire/Cartel Names
$empstring = array();
$empstring[0] = "United Federation of Planets";
$empstring[1] = "Klingon Empire";
$empstring[2] = "Romulan Star Empire";
$empstring[3] = "Lyran Star Empire";
$empstring[4] = "Hydran Kingdom";
$empstring[5] = "Gorn Confederation";
$empstring[6] = "Interstellar Concordium";
$empstring[7] = "Kzinti Hegemony";
$empstring[8] = "Orion Cartel";
$empstring[9] = "Korgath Cartel";
$empstring[10] = "Prime Cartel";
$empstring[11] = "TigerHeart Cartel";
$empstring[12] = "BeastRaiders Cartel";
$empstring[13] = "Syndicate Cartel";
$empstring[14] = "WyldeFire Cartel";
$empstring[15] = "Camboro Cartel";
$empstring[16] = "Rogue Pirates";
$empstring[17] = "Monsters";
$empstring[18] = "Tholian Holdfast";
$empstring[19] = "Lyran Democratic League";
$empstring[20] = "WYN Star Cluster";
$empstring[21] = "Jindarian";
$empstring[22] = "Andromedans";
$empstring[23] = "Neutral";
$empstring[24] = "Mirror";
$empstring[25] = "All Races";

// Short Empire/Cartel Names
$empstringshort = array();
$empstringshort[0] = "Fed";
$empstringshort[1] = "Kli";
$empstringshort[2] = "Rom";
$empstringshort[3] = "Lyr";
$empstringshort[4] = "Hyd";
$empstringshort[5] = "Gor";
$empstringshort[6] = "ISC";
$empstringshort[7] = "Kzi";
$empstringshort[8] = "Ori";
$empstringshort[9] = "Kor";
$empstringshort[10] = "Pri";
$empstringshort[11] = "Tig";
$empstringshort[12] = "Bea";
$empstringshort[13] = "Syn";
$empstringshort[14] = "Wyl";
$empstringshort[15] = "Cam";
$empstringshort[16] = "Rog";
$empstringshort[17] = "Mon";
$empstringshort[18] = "Tho";
$empstringshort[19] = "LDR";
$empstringshort[20] = "WYN";
$empstringshort[21] = "Jin";
$empstringshort[22] = "And";
$empstringshort[23] = "Neu";
$empstringshort[24] = "Mir";
$empstringshort[25] = "All";

$serverteams = array();
$serverteams[0] = "Alliance";
$serverteams[1] = "Coalition";

$empcolor = array();
$empcolor[0] = "#0000FF";  //Federation
$empcolor[1] = "#FF0000";  //Klingon
$empcolor[2] = "#00FF00";  //Romulan
$empcolor[3] = "#FFCC33";  //Lyran
$empcolor[4] = "#660099";  //Hydran
$empcolor[5] = "#996600";  //Gorn
$empcolor[6] = "#FF66CC";  //ISC
$empcolor[7] = "#00FFFF";  //Mirak
$empcolor[8] = "#0000FF";  //Orion
$empcolor[9] = "#FF0000";  //Orion
$empcolor[10] = "#00FF00";  //Orion
$empcolor[11] = "#FFCC33";  //Orion
$empcolor[12] = "#660099";  //Orion
$empcolor[13] = "#996600";  //Orion
$empcolor[14] = "#FF66CC";  //Orion
$empcolor[15] = "#00FFFF";  //Orion
$empcolor[16] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[17] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[18] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[19] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[20] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[21] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[22] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[23] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[24] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace
$empcolor[25] = "#CCCCCC";  //NeutralRace

$rankstring = array();
$rankstring[0] = "Ensign";
$rankstring[1] = "Lieutenant";
$rankstring[2] = "LtCommander";
$rankstring[3] = "Captain";
$rankstring[4] = "Commodore";
$rankstring[5] = "RearAdmiral";
$rankstring[6] = "Admiral";
$rankstring[7] = "FleetAdmiral";

$hexname = array();
$hexregion = array();

/******************************************************************************
* Dynaverse server database connection                                        *
******************************************************************************/

$D2db_link mysql_pconnect($D2dbhostname .":" .$D2dbport$D2dbuser$D2dbpass);
if (!
$D2db_link) {

// somebody added the html formatting and link to the no db connect error -wasn't me, good idea!

die('<body bgcolor="000000" text="FFFFFF"><div align="center">Could not connect to Dynaverse server database, please try again later.<br><br> Please visit <a href="http://www.dynaverse.net/">Dynaverse.net</a> for more information.</div></body>');
}
mysql_select_db($D2db);

$query "SELECT Width,Height FROM mapdescription";
$result mysql_query($query);
$line mysql_fetch_array($resultMYSQL_ASSOC);
$mapdimx $line['Width'];
$mapdimy $line['Height'];
mysql_free_result($result);
$db_count++;

for (
$mdx 0$mdx <= $mapdimx-1$mdx++) {
for (
$mdy 0$mdy <= $mapdimy-1$mdy++) {
$hexname[$mdx][$mdy] = "";
$hexregion[$mdx][$mdy] = "";
}
}

// planet names

//$hexname[5][7] = "Earth";
//$hexname[19][3] = "Lyra";

// region names

//$hexregion[5][7] = "Federation Core";

?>

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 09:27:03 pm »
awesome...thanks!!!

and double thanks for throwing in the new missions!!!
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 09:35:28 pm »
Yeah this is pretty neato! :thumbsup: Its too bad you didn't work for Taldren and set this up out of the box!

Now if you could just change the server speed to 9 please! Speed 8 is like swimming through molasses. It took me 20 minutes to do a Convoy Raid in a nebula. As you noted elsewhere, we ain't gettin' any younger here!  :P I know cluster flies! Don't make me tell them how to find you!!! ;)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 09:54:36 pm »
Yeah this is pretty neato! :thumbsup: Its too bad you didn't work for Taldren and set this up out of the box!

Now if you could just change the server speed to 9 please! Speed 8 is like swimming through molasses. It took me 20 minutes to do a Convoy Raid in a nebula. As you noted elsewhere, we ain't gettin' any younger here!  :P I know cluster flies! Don't make me tell them how to find you!!! ;)

You never know this might start to pay eventually. ;)  Though Dynaverse.net has a strict no Pay-to-Play policy (which I fully support)  I can envision a time when other source projects could generate enough revenue to provide me a stipend within the constraints of a non-profit organisation... or if anyone feels so inclined they can make a paypal donation to the email address in my forums profile here, but by no means feel obliged, I do this for fun and learning.

Speed 8 has been the standard for CW/sfc2.net/Dynaverse.net servers for as long as I can remember. If there are enough requests for speed 9 I will consider it, but when the time comes for PvP fleet battles, I imagine you'll be glad it's speed 8. Frey's concept of The Forge map is such that PvP takes a little while to get going, but this is offset by the Race Transfers and Wormholes/Stargates features of the OCI.

No we aren't geting any younger that's for sure, but if you tell the cluster files how to find me I'll just get grey faster! (The little bastards...  >:()
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:05:03 pm by Bonk »

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 10:11:50 pm »
Bonk,

Speed 9 has been a server standard since 2002. As Taldren stated, Speed 9 is suppose to be real time. Given that most missions use large maps, it takes a long time to cross at speed 8.

I for one request speed 9 for the server.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 10:23:43 pm »
OK, that's two votes. I'll put up a poll and give it a few days. I like speed 8 though... that way I can roll a j on the way into battle..  ;D

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 10:33:07 pm »
Nooooooo!  Keep The Forge at the regular 7 or 8 speed. 

OK, that's two votes. I'll put up a poll and give it a few days. I like speed 8 though... that way I can roll a j on the way into battle..

Exactly!  Standard speed lets me chief a few blasts on the old peace pipe as my loyal crew (Back!  Back!!  Put those disruptor pistols down!) beats to quarters and clears the ship for action.  I think The Boneyard runs at speed 9 and it's awful.  It's more like flying a jet fighter at speed 9 than flying a starship. 

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 10:43:57 pm »
I'm for Speed 8.. mainly since I'm just so used to it.. all my skirmish have been 8, so its just seemed natural to me.. allows a bit more time to set up all your weapons and stuff right in the begining as well with plenty of time to spare for engagement :)
Speed 8 of course is longer to get through being in the early era, but it does almost go by too quickly in Adv and Late era for me at times.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 10:47:18 pm »
IIRC...9 is the default speed....

I'm up for that... 8)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 10:56:21 pm »
I'm for Speed 8.. mainly since I'm just so used to it.. all my skirmish have been 8, so its just seemed natural to me.. allows a bit more time to set up all your weapons and stuff right in the begining as well with plenty of time to spare for engagement :)
Speed 8 of course is longer to get through being in the early era, but it does almost go by too quickly in Adv and Late era for me at times.

I use Key mapping for my ships.

go into a mission, set up power config, weapon buttons, initial start speed, ECM, ECCM, Shield Reinforcement, and on most ships, Overloads..

Once you have your stuff set up for your ship.. hit Shift+Scroll Lock and the game will save your settings..

Your ship will default to your saved setting when you hit red alert.

You have to do this for each ship you get.. but once it is saved, you can forget about it..

Take for example.. F-CC

You set it up and save preferences.

You can leave the Forge and get on Boneyard (same shiplist) and get the F-CC .. your settings will still be there as well.

Changing shiplists, you have to reconfigure your ships.

but it is a big time saver.. and at speed 9, you hit R, then lock on to target, turn your ship.. get a drink, come back and start the fight

0 maintainence on your part until you get into the thick of it.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 12:08:14 am »
OK, that's two votes. I'll put up a poll and give it a few days. I like speed 8 though... that way I can roll a j on the way into battle..  ;D

I made and ate dinner during a convoy raid and I don't think my ship was even shot at.

Quote from Beeblebrox
I think The Boneyard runs at speed 9 and it's awful.  It's more like flying a jet fighter at speed 9 than flying a starship.

The Boneyard is speed 10 which is a little too fast. 9 is just right.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 01:09:27 am »

I made and ate dinner during a convoy raid and I don't think my ship was even shot at.

Lol, I didn't even get a break for dinner yet, and I haven't even flown a single mission today!

It sounds like you may be biased by that mission, sometimes if I get a convoy raid/escort in a nebula, I'll just turn right around and fly off then try for another mission.

Other approach is a droner, fly at high speeds and fire the drones at the absolute minimum range. That will chew through the freighters real quick.

In any case, I'll go with the poll results, as the The Forge is intended for popular enjoyment and to serve as a persistent community server for all.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 01:38:40 am »
Well I take what it gives me. I must say the map is odd; planets in nebulas, high econ hexes with absolutely nothing in them, planet hexes with econs as low as 0. Am I really supposed to invade the fed hex next door worth 0 econ, but will take me 25 missions to quell, just because it annoys me?  :D ;)

Had one bug in a convoy raid with the planet in it. Capped all the ships and it gave 800+ PP, but said I failed the mission and the DV went the wrong way. Sorry, forgot to get the name of the mission.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 10:56:52 am »
Well I take what it gives me. I must say the map is odd; planets in nebulas, high econ hexes with absolutely nothing in them, planet hexes with econs as low as 0. Am I really supposed to invade the fed hex next door worth 0 econ, but will take me 25 missions to quell, just because it annoys me?  :D ;)

Had one bug in a convoy raid with the planet in it. Capped all the ships and it gave 800+ PP, but said I failed the mission and the DV went the wrong way. Sorry, forgot to get the name of the mission.

As I mentioned, I expect the map will need a little work. If there are too may planets in nebs and whatnot then I'll go over it and clean it up somewhat.

Frey's concept for the The Forge map is an unexplored resource rich area of the Delta Quadrant. (thus the map you're looking at) But I'll keep tabs on the map feedback and adjust (fairly) as necessary.

Keep an eye on that convoy raid mission, if it happens again or if someone else reports it, well pass that info on to Dave.

And thanks for the feedback Corbomite! :thumbsup:

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 01:16:06 pm »
It happened again and I got the mission: NW17  Convoy Raid. I think it is only happening because I capture everything (self destructing the escort) as I'm pretty sure I played that mission in a neb and it worked ok because I had to kill everything.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 02:19:03 pm »
I admit, that transfers interface is a little awkward. I'll look at making it more intuitive.

Could you add a "You Are Here" type icon to the webmap? A race emblem or a ship logo or something to help us find ourselves on the map? (Personally I think the Gorn should have to look at a picture of Kroma in a tutu for their icon  ;))

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 04:00:57 pm »
I know on the Gerneral War servers the speed slider is or was at 8 which isn't bad but 9 is pretty good.I don't mind 10 even although it can be mentally tiring when playing for a few hrs.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 07:13:51 pm »
It happened again and I got the mission: NW17  Convoy Raid. I think it is only happening because I capture everything (self destructing the escort) as I'm pretty sure I played that mission in a neb and it worked ok because I had to kill everything.

Interesting observation. Why would you self destruct (SD) the escort after capturing it though? I would expect the mission to end if you capture the escort and kill all the freighters. But if you SD the escort before killing all the freighters it might be logical to interpret that as a loss for you right?

In either case, keep the mission reports coming, and I'll pull any showstoppers if there are any.

Could you add a "You Are Here" type icon to the webmap? A race emblem or a ship logo or something to help us find ourselves on the map? (Personally I think the Gorn should have to look at a picture of Kroma in a tutu for their icon  ;))

That is a good suggestion. And I have thought of it before but I was being chincy with queries to the db, because the script is a little demanding overall but with the greater resources we have now I suppose I could squeeze a query to the players table in the map and indicate your location. If you would like to submit a creative icon set for the job, make them 122x104 8 bit gifs with transparency. Shouldn't be too hard to script that in, with minimal overhead really.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »

Interesting observation. Why would you self destruct (SD) the escort after capturing it though? I would expect the mission to end if you capture the escort and kill all the freighters. But if you SD the escort before killing all the freighters it might be logical to interpret that as a loss for you right?

In either case, keep the mission reports coming, and I'll pull any showstoppers if there are any.

I would agree that the SD of the escort after capture probably pushed the mission into the loss point.  The computer would consider that you SD'd one of your own ships, not an enemy that you caught.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2008, 10:44:06 pm »
Taking the server down to fix the time settings, shouldn't be too long.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2008, 11:04:41 pm »
Ok, the thunder is set to roll for 100 days still with 5 minute turns but 730 turns per year.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 12:22:50 am »
SD the escort never made an issue in a normal Taldren Convoy Raid or a Shipyard Assault. I do it all the time. You get a bit more PP out of it usually because you get credit for capture and destruction (helps pay for the marines you waste). In a Shipyard Assault you can get up to 1500+ PP by capturing everything and SD the three defending ships. I have done it on this server already. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the logic of the new mission.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 01:18:48 am »

Ah, definitely a logic error - I was just digging through the code and found a serious boo boo.
I can't recompile and test it until I reinstall VC6 though.

That also explained some issues with shift/victory bugs in the NW7Scout mission, which also borrowed some of that [faulty] logic.

dave

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 02:14:49 am »

Ah, definitely a logic error - I was just digging through the code and found a serious boo boo.
I can't recompile and test it until I reinstall VC6 though.

That also explained some issues with shift/victory bugs in the NW7Scout mission, which also borrowed some of that [faulty] logic.

dave

Look into NW7 Convoy Raid too. It did the same thing; big payout, but a loss message and DV shift to the "loser". That one was interesting in that one of the freighters I captured didn't blow up (first one I believe) and began to take on the escort (G-FQL) while I captured the rest, which blew up as expected. The FQL blew up the freighter and I blew up the FQL. The freighter that takes off in the direction you start from has the tendency to hang around the border waiting for you to come kill it. I think  NW17 Convoy Raid does it too.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 02:43:44 am »
Hmmm - actually it was the NW7ConvoyRaid that I was talking about ... I assumed the 17 was a typo

There's NW11ConvoyRaid and NW7ConvoyRaid, but I can't honestly remember ever creating a convoy script based on the 17 series
(which doesn't mean I didn't of course, just that I can't remember/find one  ;) )

Was it the 11ConvoyRaid giving problems?

dave

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 07:37:47 am »
Hmmm - actually it was the NW7ConvoyRaid that I was talking about ... I assumed the 17 was a typo

There's NW11ConvoyRaid and NW7ConvoyRaid, but I can't honestly remember ever creating a convoy script based on the 17 series
(which doesn't mean I didn't of course, just that I can't remember/find one  Wink )

Was it the 11ConvoyRaid giving problems?

Sorry, I didnt catch that, here's the missionlist:

0="Met_10Patrol.scr"
1="Met_11ConvoyRaid.scr"
2="Met_12ConvoyEscort.scr"
3="Met_15BaseDefense.scr"
4="Met_16ShipDefense.scr"
5="Met_17Patrol.scr"
6="Met_18HomeworldAssault.scr"
7="Met_26AsteroidAssualt.scr"
8="Met_27AsteroidDefense.scr"
9="Met_5FleetAction.scr"
10="Met_6Patrol.scr"
11="Met_7BaseAssault.scr"
12="Met_8ShipAssault.scr"
13="Met_9PlanetaryAssault.scr"
14="Met_ED10Colonization.scr"
15="Met_ED10FleetAssault.scr"
16="Met_ED10Monster.scr"
17="Met_ED10Patrol.scr"
18="Met_ED10PatrolEnemy.scr"
19="Met_ED17Patrol.scr"
20="Met_ED17PatrolAllied.scr"
21="Met_ED17PatrolEnemy.scr"
22="Met_ED5FleetAction.scr"
23="Met_ED5PlayerFleet.scr"
24="Met_ED6Patrol.scr"
25="Met_EDDisengageEnemy.scr"
26="Met_EDDisengagePlayer.scr"
27="Met_EDEnemyPatrol.scr"
28="Met_EDPlayerPatrol.scr"
29="Met_EDWarpBaseAssault.scr"
30="Met_NW16PlanetDefense.scr"
31="Met_NW18HomeworldAssault.scr"
32="Met_NW7ConvoyRaid.scr"
33="Met_NW7CourierIntercept.scr"
34="Met_NW7OutpostSweep.scr"
35="Met_NW7Scout.scr"
36="Met_NW7TheGauntlet.scr"
37="Met_NWBasePlacement.scr"

So we have the stock Met_11ConvoyRaid.scr and your Met_NW7ConvoyRaid.scr. Looking over the WarpPatrols descriptions I don't think any of those could be mistaken for a convoy raid(?).

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 09:07:32 am »
Must have been the NW7 Convoy Raid and I read it wrong the first time. I know its a NW mission because you start at speed 12. If you are in a hex with a planet, there will be a planet in mission to your right that the freighters are moving away from. I know it is not the "Raid" mission as  I do not have to capture the "Moon".

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 10:00:45 am »
Taking The Forge Down for a few minutes to update development software. Shouldn't take long.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 10:16:51 am »
Must have been the NW7 Convoy Raid and I read it wrong the first time. I know its a NW mission because you start at speed 12. If you are in a hex with a planet, there will be a planet in mission to your right that the freighters are moving away from. I know it is not the "Raid" mission as  I do not have to capture the "Moon".

Geez I have to pay more attention. The mission does say "Raid" as the mission title and the planet thing seems random, but I know that really isn't important. It definitely has to do with the first freighter you capture (or the first freighter you can target by distance - that is the one I always hit first). All freighters destroy themselves upon capture except the first one. I have destroyed it myself, had the AI destroy it and had it survive and follow me like a puppy and they all do the same thing: Mission Complete at the end of mission, big payout in the debriefing screen, but with the failure message and it reports it as a failure to the server. If you destroy everything, it works.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:52 am »
Taking The Forge Down for a few minutes to update development software. Shouldn't take long.

It took longer than I expected, lot of reboots and stuff. Server is back up now.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 01:47:04 pm »
Just as an FYI, noticed on the webmap it now shows the hex number twice when you hold the cursor over it.
Just odd and figured I'd point it out.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 01:48:54 pm »
Just as an FYI, noticed on the webmap it now shows the hex number twice when you hold the cursor over it.
Just odd and figured I'd point it out.  ;)

Yup, I know, I'm using it to debug something I'm working on.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2008, 03:18:51 pm »

You are here:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:55:45 pm by Bonk »

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2008, 06:04:35 pm »
Could you add a "You Are Here" type icon to the webmap? A race emblem or a ship logo or something to help us find ourselves on the map? (Personally I think the Gorn should have to look at a picture of Kroma in a tutu for their icon ;))

You are here:

My question is this.. can you get the web map to show where you are when you are not on the server?

The reason I ask is because I enjoy my game full screen, and that means dumping the game to view the map.. but when off the D2, the map is not showing where I am at.. but my location should still be registered in the DB to show my location

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2008, 06:19:14 pm »
My question is this.. can you get the web map to show where you are when you are not on the server?

The reason I ask is because I enjoy my game full screen, and that means dumping the game to view the map.. but when off the D2, the map is not showing where I am at.. but my location should still be registered in the DB to show my location

It should....  :huh: I tested it all out without ever logging on the server. (The map does not auto-refresh)

Even so, it should show the photon on the map for your location regardless of whether you are logged in on the GAME SERVER or not.

Oh I bet you're looking at the map and not logged in on the forums? You have to be logged in on the forums so I know who is looking at the map so I know where to put the "You are Here" icon. ;)

If you are logged in on the forums but not the game server it should still show. Is it not showing when you are logged in on the forums and not logged in on the game server?

I don't want to get into leaving cookies if I don't have to...

Offline Raztax

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2008, 10:01:54 pm »
SD the escort never made an issue in a normal Taldren Convoy Raid or a Shipyard Assault. I do it all the time. You get a bit more PP out of it usually because you get credit for capture and destruction (helps pay for the marines you waste). In a Shipyard Assault you can get up to 1500+ PP by capturing everything and SD the three defending ships. I have done it on this server already. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the logic of the new mission.

I used to do the same thing, and yes for the same reason, gave you a little more pp.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2008, 11:20:43 pm »

It should.... :huh: I tested it all out without ever logging on the server. (The map does not auto-refresh)

Even so, it should show the photon on the map for your location regardless of whether you are logged in on the GAME SERVER or not.

Oh I bet you're looking at the map and not logged in on the forums? You have to be logged in on the forums so I know who is looking at the map so I know where to put the "You are Here" icon. ;)

If you are logged in on the forums but not the game server it should still show. Is it not showing when you are logged in on the forums and not logged in on the game server?

I don't want to get into leaving cookies if I don't have to...

I used the link in the first post.. my account for D.net is always logged on...

when I click the link it opens to a new browser instance.. but I am not showing up on the map... I tried refreshing the map.. let me try doing the map as a single IE instance and see if it works then.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2008, 11:35:59 pm »
the only difference I see is that my forum email addy is all lower case and my gsa email addy is first letter capitalized but both are same email addy :

pestalence@gmail.com  --- D.net email

and

Pestalence@gmail.com  --- GSA email

User names are same for server and forum.

Single instance of IE did not work.. this is IE 7 mode.. let me try IE 8 mode.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2008, 11:42:06 pm »
Still does not work in IE 8 either...

could the difference be just a capitalized letter?

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2008, 11:51:38 pm »
I think the server kit is case sensitive.. I just tried logging on using Pestalence@gmail.com and I can get on the server fine, but trying it again using pestalence@gmail.com I get an indefinate holding pattern..

The forums will not allow me to put in my email addy using a capitol letter, it defaults it to a lower case letter..

So in order for it to work for me, I need you to edit the DB to change Pestalence@gmail.com to pestalence@gmail.com

then let me see if the web map will work.

Thanks.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2008, 12:32:37 am »
Connection a bit shaky tonight but stable earlier about 5 of us on and it wouldn't stay up more than 5 or so min .It always resets itself in the selector screen which is nice.Only takes a min or so and it's back up.
I grant you your soul,but not your life.
Be happy that I have found a measure of mercy.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2008, 07:15:37 am »
I think the server kit is case sensitive.. I just tried logging on using Pestalence@gmail.com and I can get on the server fine, but trying it again using pestalence@gmail.com I get an indefinate holding pattern..

The forums will not allow me to put in my email addy using a capitol letter, it defaults it to a lower case letter..

So in order for it to work for me, I need you to edit the DB to change Pestalence@gmail.com to pestalence@gmail.com

then let me see if the web map will work.

Thanks.

I can address that in the webmap code. All emails are all lower case anyway.... ah wait, the serverkit, people play games of making multiple accounts by changing the case of one letter of the email address. (multiple accounts are no longer needed) I have always expected it caused issues. I must address that in the serverkit code at asome point to prevent email address collisions.

If I change the case of your email address in the game server will that not also affect the gamespy login? Oh wait, it doesn't does it, as they ignore case on the email as they should and so shall our serverkit eventually....

Anyway, I just changed your email address in the game db to all lower case to match your forums email here. You should see your location now. (note I have not tested IE, but it should make no difference in this case.)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2008, 07:18:29 am »
Connection a bit shaky tonight but stable earlier about 5 of us on and it wouldn't stay up more than 5 or so min .It always resets itself in the selector screen which is nice.Only takes a min or so and it's back up.

Ah crap... wonder what was happening. Was everybody losing connection?

Let me take a look and see if it has actually rebooted (as long as the session has not been touched)...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2008, 07:20:54 am »

Let me take a look and see if it has actually rebooted (as long as the session has not been touched)...

Was the website busy at that time? (lot of map relaods in a row from Pestalence? when was he testing his map - let me compare ht e times o those two posts...  Dynaverse.net is longer throttled, and if its busy it will take the whole connection leaving nothing for anything else.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2008, 07:24:02 am »
Yes, your post follows shortly after Pestalence's post. I suspect the two may be related.

I may have to throttle the webserver again (it only makes sense) but everybody (including Frey) hates it when I do. See we have 1.5Mbps up total . In order to guarantee that any one service will be available they must all be throttled, otherwise one service can be used to "DoS" another.

I'll look into it, and see what the word is. Lets keep an eye on stability, is it related to the number of players on the server, the number of browsers at the website or just the time of day?

Hopefully this will not repeat itself.

See, I can't saturate the connection using the webserver from a dial-up connection to prove my point.

Though maybe I'm too quick to blame it on the lack of a webserver throttle, but I know it could definitely be a problem. (and abused).

I'm working on something else today, but if we have stability issues again, i just might slap a ~500Kbps throttle on Dynaverse.net and see if that stops it.

Ah, I suppose I could put a 1Mbps throttle on, which would be eual to our entire connection previously, but now would still reserver at least 400Kbps for other services is the webserver is swamped... I bet no one would harldy notice and it sure would put my mind at ease...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:47:56 am by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2008, 08:15:16 am »
Bah, I think I'm overthinking it as usual, we were doing a lot of software maintenance and stuff yesterday, so I don't think I'll panic yet, but just wait a few more days and see how it goes.

* Bonk says to self... ok breathe... 1,2,3 in... 1,2,3, out... ahhhh... alright, I gotta go do a brake job on the car...

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2008, 09:16:26 am »

Yes, everyone was getting "connection to the server has been lost". It would always come back up within a min or so, but it went down 3 times in about 10-15 min before I gave up and went to bed. It was almost 1:30 am for me anyway.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2008, 09:52:27 am »
Humm... looking at the event logs MSSQL EXPRESS was started around 11:00PM central. I'm not sure if something I was doing resulted it it starting or if it was something else. (EDIT: nah, I was gone to bed that was 1:00AM my time) Then MSSQL EXPRESS ran backup operations of its own around 12:55AM central.

I'll need to figure out what is dependent on MSSQL EXPRESS on that box and why it might be starting. Dollars to donuts this is related...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2008, 10:18:43 am »
Well I dont see it running as a service or anything, perhaps it was a one time thing related to the windows updates yesterday. I'll go over the db a bit to make sure there's nothing weird there.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2008, 11:14:48 am »
The web map is now working correctly for me.. the server kit email is case sensitive and must match the D.net email completely.. and since D.Net defaults to lower case letters only.. Your GSA Login email must be all lower case as well..

web map working perfectly now.
 Thanks Bonk

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2008, 11:48:39 am »
Ok.. now I can't log into the forge under either spelling of my email

Pestalence@gmail.com or pestalence@gmail.com

I get unknown error logging on to the server message.

if possible, remove my account from the server and clean the DB so I can log in please..

Much appreciated.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2008, 12:10:18 pm »
Ok.. now I can't log into the forge under either spelling of my email

Pestalence@gmail.com or pestalence@gmail.com

I get unknown error logging on to the server message.

if possible, remove my account from the server and clean the DB so I can log in please..

Much appreciated.

I expected as much. I'll return the email in the game server to what it was... and edit the forums email to match. That way you do not have to start a new account on the server.

It will take a few minutes, I'll let you know when its done.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2008, 12:12:54 pm »
Oh crap, you know what, its been a while since I've done this stuff. I should have restarted the server after changing your email yesterday as it'd need to republish the data on the switch. I also forgot to cheek if you were logged in at the time...

I'll do as I described above but this time I'll take the game server down to do it.

This might also explain last nights instability.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2008, 12:20:31 pm »
The email address for the gamepy account you created your server account with originally had a capital P right?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2008, 12:34:49 pm »
OK, server is back up, your email address now has a Capital P in both the game and Forums databases, I think that is the case you used with the original gamespy login right?

(that's it this time I'm hitting the kit code to change it to be case insensitive, this bug has gone on long enough.)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2008, 01:12:08 pm »
web map is working correctly.. let me see if I can log into the server.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2008, 01:47:49 pm »
Everything is good now.. Thanks Bonk

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2008, 01:57:08 pm »
Everything is good now.. Thanks Bonk

Hurray!  ;D

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2008, 02:02:54 pm »

This sounds exactly like what The Forge was doing previously.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2008, 02:08:35 pm »
This sounds exactly like what The Forge was doing previously.

Well lets see if it happens again. If it does I will determine the cause.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2008, 08:38:59 pm »
Just went down at 6:40 p.m. PST. It was very sloooooow right before it crashed.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2008, 08:51:57 pm »
It's not me.. I haven't been on since my last posting.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2008, 11:48:56 pm »
Just went down at 6:40 p.m. PST. It was very sloooooow right before it crashed.

Looks like another backup event. Lets give it a few more days to see if a pattern develops, but I suspect this too will pass.

I want to get some time on there myself yet!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2008, 06:22:31 pm »
Server will be down for a day or so. A disk error has come up that will just take us a little time to fix. The Forge will be back, the thunder will roll on. (just not tonight ;)).

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2008, 04:39:38 am »
Actually, while we have the time, we're going to make some nifty improvements to the server that runs The Forge.

I've already gotten notification that the memory upgrade has shipped, and I think we're going to look into streamlining the OS further.

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2008, 10:47:27 pm »
The FORGE is back up!

Enjoy, and be sure to report any odd-ness here!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2008, 10:49:10 pm »
Cool Deal..

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2008, 05:41:18 pm »
Actually, while we have the time, we're going to make some nifty improvements to the server that runs The Forge.

I've already gotten notification that the memory upgrade has shipped, and I think we're going to look into streamlining the OS further.

Regards,

I was on last night and it seemed to work pretty well.  There was no lost connection or lag.

I've already gotten notification that the memory upgrade has shipped...

If you need further bits and pieces for your systems I run an online retail site (Well, I will once I've managed to put together my website.) and I've got access to something like 30-40 wholesale suppliers.  A huge percentage of those sell nothing but servers, memory upgrades, cables, etc. etc.  If you would like, in future, I can check if the wholesale price I get is better than the price you get from your usual guys.  I would only sell things to you at my wholesale price plus the (small) supplier fee and shipping.  (I'm not trying to tout for business.  I just noticed you guys are running a fundraiser and, since I don't have tons of liquid cash, this is pretty much the only way I have of contributing.)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2008, 05:45:15 pm »
Well, it's not up now, nor can I connect to the OCI.
I see Pesty's hardcore server, the Boneyard and Strayy's.

Just and FYI...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Space Oddity

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Allmost Configured
    • Woody's Blogshack
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2008, 06:30:47 pm »
Just got in myself . . .bought a DD.  Looks nice.
Logic is a bunch of pretty flowers that smell BAD.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2008, 06:39:56 pm »
Well, it's not up now, nor can I connect to the OCI.
I see Pesty's hardcore server, the Boneyard and Strayy's.

Just and FYI...
Server is powered down currently

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2008, 06:56:12 am »
just wondering when it might come back up?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2008, 07:35:06 am »
Server was up last night when I got onlne.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2008, 08:27:26 am »
I'm having problems with the *patrol missions.

Halfway through the mission, it freezes and locks up my pc forcing system restart. Regular patrol missions run fine.

I didn't have this problem before the server went down for those couple of days, but I know Soth did.

Any idea why? :-\

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2008, 07:04:18 pm »
I had same problem when the server was going trhough the multiple crash night.Ran afew no problem like that for me now.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2008, 07:48:52 pm »
Ran several there today, took multiple *patrols, had one time there was no DV ship (patrol with 2 AI allies, 3 enemy ships and 2 pirate freighters and 1 pirate CR)
all others ran fine.
Donno, Kaz.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2008, 07:52:40 pm »
I was on it last night.  I ran at least a few of the "*patrol" missions and had no problems at all.

Offline Walleye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2008, 07:55:17 pm »
What is the OCI and do I need it to play?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2008, 08:05:51 pm »
What is the OCI and do I need it to play?

OCI is online campaign interface.  It lets you order ships, gives the stats for each empire, and the current map status, tells you who's on line, and what battles have occurred recently.  It also lets you change races.

Go to www.dynaverse.net/oci
The login is the same as the dynaverse.net forum

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2008, 05:32:56 pm »
I'm having problems with the *patrol missions.

Halfway through the mission, it freezes and locks up my pc forcing system restart. Regular patrol missions run fine.

I didn't have this problem before the server went down for those couple of days, but I know Soth did.

Any idea why? :-\

Looks like it was only happening in nebulas all other hexes ran fine.

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2008, 05:45:55 pm »
Well, if its not one thing,its another.

I tried to log in to bring up the campain selector screen, but the server list screen didn't come up. It just keeps relighting my login button 2 or 3 times then the button goes black. At this point I can back out and then come back in to try logging in again but the same thing just happens.

I've tried restarting the game and my pc but no change. I didn't have any problems when I played last night.
Is there any server maintenance that I am unaware of that could be causing this?

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2008, 05:56:09 pm »
HAHAHAHA!

I just decided to turn off my anti-virus and try to log in.

It worked. ;D

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2008, 04:01:14 pm »
Soth and I got ghosted when dyna went down. Is their anyone who can fix this please? :'(

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2008, 04:22:14 pm »
it say dir, servers not found

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2008, 09:29:26 pm »
Soth and I got ghosted when dyna went down. Is their anyone who can fix this please? :'(
This will be fixed once GameSpy resolves whatever issues they are having right now, then the Forge will be able to come online again, and that should de-ghost those that were ghosted on it

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2008, 12:17:04 am »
The situation for the time being seems to have been resolved. D2 is back online.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:50:33 pm by Pestalence_XC »

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2008, 06:38:39 pm »
Now that I have been able to log back into D2, it seems D2 is back up with GSA, so
I have turned The Forge back on and it is now back online and functional.. Enjoy!

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2008, 12:30:57 am »
Re:Crashing in the Neb
It happened to me attacking a neb hex.The 3 times it happened it was a 3v3 twice,and a 3v3 with a pirate.The map you get at briefing screen for the 3v3 was the 2 groups packed tight formation and not to far apart for the teams.The 1 with the pirate was the opposing side stretched out so the mission starts as a 3v2 with 1 of the opposing side engaging the pirate.All the rest I've had no problems.As for the raising of the hex, I haven't had a prob with the missions that I can recall, as I've tried to avoid the ed missions cuz the crash makes me have to do a reboot of system.The lockup usally happenes after the first or second ship blows up then it freezes.Sometimes I can minimize to get out , sometimes not.

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2008, 08:29:33 am »
Forge is down :'(

Offline Doctor Lazarus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • By Grabthar's Hammer!
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2008, 08:41:45 am »
It's not showing on the campaign selector, but straays' and boneyard do.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2008, 01:39:43 pm »
Its up now

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2008, 02:20:22 pm »
I just checked at 3:19 P.M. EST and only The Boneyard and Straay's Tavern are showing.  After several refreshes of the selector screen there was still no sign of The Forge.

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2008, 03:22:58 pm »
yup forge down...1:25 pst

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2008, 03:46:18 pm »
Actually it didnt crash at all.. it just stopped showing up in the server list.. it is still up though without any errors..

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2008, 03:49:09 pm »
I just tried 1 minute ago and despite several refreshes, it didn't show up on the selector.   :(
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2008, 03:50:22 pm »
standby..rebooting Thor..

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2008, 04:05:23 pm »
5:04 pm easter. Still no joy.  :'(
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2008, 07:22:29 pm »
8:20 EDT, still not showing on campaign selector, I see The Boneyard and Strayy's Tavern.  :huh:
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2008, 07:48:34 pm »
The Database was dripping with death.
DB Cleaned
Server back online and it is showing now.

It was so full that it took me over an hour to clean and manually enter the numbers into the command client.

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2008, 08:29:37 pm »
Thank-you for your effort and time sir.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57:08 pm »
 :notworthy:
All is as it should be.  ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2008, 09:01:47 pm »
Well, it stayed up for an hour or so.  ;)

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2008, 11:06:28 pm »
New plans btw:
As I do not wish to repeat the unpleasant experience of sorting through 700 rows of junk, I will make it regular DB cleanings every Friday at around 3 to 4PM EST.. So, if it ever goes down in that hour on Fridays it is a DB clean in the works :)

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2008, 11:06:55 pm »
Smeg!  Does that mean it's gone down again?

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2008, 11:13:11 pm »
It is crashing frequently now then shows up again.It has the hiccups.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:24:45 pm by KBF Soth »

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2008, 11:57:38 pm »
I think the DB should be wiped and the server restarted. Its not like it is a major campaign.. just a warm up for ATOK4.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2008, 01:21:04 am »
Well, done for the night, maybe weekend.  Four times dropped, gets to be discuraging when you lose wins on a large DV hex. :banghead:

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2008, 03:23:24 am »
Aaaaiiiiggghhhhhh!!!!!

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2008, 09:44:11 am »
Forge is down.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2008, 09:49:10 am »
Forge is down.

hmmhu, was just going to give it another shot since it is snowing out so doing a set of brakes is out for the day, just don't feel like getting all sloppy from slush in May.  Just not rght, darn global warming.

Might check back on the Forge later, has been fun the little I have been able to get on it.(pretty much)

Offline Walleye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2008, 12:07:52 pm »
Sooooooo......Is there a plan or is it toast?

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2008, 12:14:14 pm »
Forge is up (for now) ;D

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2008, 12:27:38 pm »
hiccups......still

Offline KBFKaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2008, 12:34:04 pm »
lol, we all got ghosted on that crash

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2008, 01:32:47 am »
Silly question but does a data base cleaning mean I've lost my ship? 

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2008, 01:37:57 am »
Cleaning the DB, you ship is still intact.. but SFHQ and I are of the opinion that the Data Base is corrupt, and as such, the server will probably need to start over from scratch. We need to edit some settings to kill the AI generation on server start, that should help things remain smooth.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2008, 01:48:11 am »
Cleaning the DB, you ship is still intact.. but SFHQ and I are of the opinion that the Data Base is corrupt, and as such, the server will probably need to start over from scratch. We need to edit some settings to kill the AI generation on server start, that should help things remain smooth.

I don't mind.  It would give me a chance to get back into a ship I really enjoyed. 

Are there any tips for players that we could use to aid in maintaining future server stability?

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2008, 04:44:26 am »

kewl...thx!!!

timeframe on when we are a go again?
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2008, 07:17:06 am »
Has anyone heard from Bonk? He hasn't been around since May 1st and he usually checks in every day. I hope everything is alright with him.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2008, 10:19:02 am »
I don't mind. It would give me a chance to get back into a ship I really enjoyed.

Are there any tips for players that we could use to aid in maintaining future server stability?
One of the biggest things is never ever forefit missions nor Alt-F4 out. this leaves the AI dead but still remaining in SQL database taking up space. The more dead AI there is the larger the IDs get and the more resources the Sever will take to run the Forge.

Has anyone heard from Bonk? He hasn't been around since May 1st and he usually checks in every day. I hope everything is alright with him.
Bonk is OK, however he is having some rough times in RL

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2008, 12:05:54 pm »

Bonk is OK, however he is having some rough times in RL

Well, hoping things smooth out for him.