Topic: I need help with TREK Calculations for X-over gaming and a Fanfic  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
[If I posted this in wrong place apologies and pls move...]

Heya all,

I got a little problem as I'm not with very good with math. I need people who know how to convert enegy output to explosive damage (like joules to TNT).

Although I use the Freespace2 engine, I use it not only for crossover gaming, but for playing out scenes in my fanfic (as seen on Spacebattles.com).

IF any "experts" are willing to help me out you surely will get mentioned should I get to the point of a mod release!

What I need are the amounts of damage each weapon in Trek will produce with this formula (640=1MT ),
so if a minor race's weapon on a fighter does ONE megaton of damage that means it does 640 points of damage to hulls/shields.

Meaning: I need the amount of Mega(1base), Giga(x1000?), Tera(x10k?), Petra(x100k?), (ect) ton quivalents of Trek weaponry.

[IF a 64isoton torpedo =64megatons, then a standard Photon does 40,690 damage! (almost enough damage to one-shot half the ships in the FS2 universe!)  :D

I don't expect  one person to have all this info (or compile it) but if soemkind souls can each knock out a couple I'd really appreciate it!

Note that I will be approaching other communities as well (like Sd.net for SW), for info on their franchises.

[I had gone to ST.com, but got ZERO support/interest there...]