Topic: MacGyver film  (Read 7910 times)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: MacGyver film
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 01:46:22 pm »
To quote Denis Hopper.... "Heroes are such shallow characters.... that's why I prefer to play villans.... now they have depth plus equal screen time and have more fun."

Really?  I thought it was because he was type cast, and couldn't get any other roles.

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 05:56:06 pm »
Back during it's heyday in the '80s, Mac had gorgeous women throwing themselves at him left and right, but never showed any real interest. Was he gay, or did he have a girlfriend with a testicle lockbox?   :BoeseSmilies (71):

Ya' know, I'd actually buy that MacGuyver was gay.  Something about the way he grinned in the intro, the even tan, and the thing that you mentioned.  If he wasn't gay, perhaps he was a closet case.  Oh, and the hair.

I don't think it's what the character's creators intended, mind.  It was the thing in the '80's to have your male hero be the 'unapproachable lone wolf'.  Which actually reinforces that whole gay idea because most guys that give off that vibe are gay. ;D

I just remember Terri Hatcher and the only babe who had anything resembling a role as his partner absolutely falling over themselves to get him in the sack, and he blew them off. That was 20 years ago, and I was lot younger, but even now, if Terri Hatcher is throwing herself at me, I'm not going to get philosiphical about it, I'm going to find the nearest comfy spot and start removing clothing.

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 05:58:56 pm »
To quote Denis Hopper.... "Heroes are such shallow characters.... that's why I prefer to play villans.... now they have depth plus equal screen time and have more fun."

Really?  I thought it was because he was type cast, and couldn't get any other roles.

Actually, I always thought Hopper's typecast was a drugged out loon, like he was in "Apocalypse Now".

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 03:58:30 pm »
Gary Oldman is still numero uno Hollywood villian...... he was great in "Leon".

If they want a super villian for another Bond film , then Gary Oldman would be ideal.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 06:14:07 pm »
Nope, MacGyver is not gay.. there are too many episodes where MacGyver is rescuing or helping an old girlfriend..

Once case in point.. Episode 63 The Endangered

While visiting an old girlfriend who's a park ranger at a wildlife reserve, MacGyver runs into deadly poachers who are intent on hunting animals on the reserve. When MacGyver tries to uncover their plot, they come after him. Now it's a race against time to escape the poachers, save the animals, and save their own lives.

Also you can watch MacGyver episodes here ...

http://www.cbs.com/classics/macgyver/video/video.php?cid=621161724&pid=aG0i8wDXAobSYHYNJfzvsEQ7hr94Vw89&play=true&cc=0

This has all the seasons online.. Direct from CBS
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 02:05:30 pm »
Have they picked a villain for the MacGyver film yet??

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 02:35:50 pm »
Have they picked a villain for the MacGyver film yet??

I think if they make a MacGyver film, the villian will be Murdoc.  He is Angus MacGyver's arch-nemesis.

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 06:28:15 pm »
Ok............... The only episode of MacGyver I remember is when he had to fight the neo Nazis, if I remember correctly.
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.