Topic: SG-1 : Fate of the Ori  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
SG-1 : Fate of the Ori
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:32:25 pm »
The question is what happened to the Ori when Merlins weapon was used? 

Would Merlin have made a weapon that could destroy the Ancients?  Would he have made one that killed ascended beings?  It seems more likely that he would have made a weapon that forced the incarnation of the ascended beings.  If so then all over the Ori galaxy are individual Ancients seeking to ascend once more but finding the Ancients from the Milky Way blocking them.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
Re: SG-1 : Fate of the Ori
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:38:12 pm »
They really did not explain it well, but from what I gathered, it emitted a type of energy that cancels out the type of energy of ascended beings, so
1 = ascended begins
-1= Energy from device
1+ -1 = 0
They just cancelled out of existence, no more.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
Re: SG-1 : Fate of the Ori
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 03:31:25 pm »
I agree with SFHQ. it was an energy device that emitted an energy that just cancels them out on a localized scale. And probably for a limited time. By local I mean a galaxy. That is why they had to put it on a timer before it went though the super gate. If it would have gone off in this galaxy then it would have killed all the Ancients still present here.

This is an entry from Gateworld's Omnipedia.

ANTI-ORI WEAPON
Weapon designed by the Ancient Merlin to destroy ascended beings, specifically the Ori. It is an energy transfer device that channels energy into the dimension occupied by ascended beings. In theory, the weapon can destroy ascended beings by interference -- as two standing waves cancelling out one another.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.