Topic: SG-1 seasons 10 episode 20  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
SG-1 seasons 10 episode 20
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:55:21 pm »
after viewing the last episode of SG1 i was a bit deceived by it.

the Asgard committing suicide seem so stupid, i know that by cloning them self the just made a mistake and they are dying but still i find it stupid.

they could have thing of something better.

since the goa'uld are mostly dead and the orie are dead what enemy will they be fighting in the movies?

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
Re: SG-1 seasons 10 episode 20
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:03 pm »
We're not sure if the Ori are dead, and even if they are, there is still an entire Galaxy of Fanatics who have been riled up about killing the infidels.
Adding to the fact that Adria has also ascended and who knows what trouble she will cause.... Look at what a partially ascended Anubis was able to do!!

The two following films are not related. The Ark of truth will be bringing a complete end to the Ori story line, that means dealing with those followers who are still lurking out in space.

The second film, Continuum I think it's called, is about a shift in Time, where only SG1 seem to remember the original time line. In the new time line, Baal and Adria, the Gould that used to reside in Vala are about to invade and conquer Earth. The producers have stated that while SG1 will fix the time line, there will be some fall out, so not everything will be the same.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:04:19 pm »
The Ark of Truth
 "As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the Supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact, the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The I.O.A. has a plan of their own and SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies."
(MGM press release - January 15, 2007)

More here for the Ark of Truth.
http://www.gateworld.net/movies/02.shtml

And as for Continuum

"While SG-1 attends the execution of Baal, the last of the Goa'uld System Lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities what's happened, a fleet of Goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Baal, his queen, Katesh (Vala), and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the Goa'uld."
(MGM press release - January 15, 2007)

More here.
http://www.gateworld.net/movies/03.shtml
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 06:08:05 pm »
The reason the Asgard decided to destroy their planet is that they were afraid that another race, one with not so good intentions, would come and learn their technology. What they installed on the Odyssey was to be their legacy. Thor also said that the human race has finally come to be the fifth race that they alluded to in season one or two. Okay. I looked it up. it was season two.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:31:18 pm »
The season finale bothered me a lot.

Spoilers ahead                                 Spoilers ahead                                 Spoilers ahead                                 Spoilers ahead                                 
Readers should assume that all posts past this point contain spoilers.

Spoilers ahead                                 Spoilers ahead                                 Spoilers ahead                                 Spoilers ahead                                 

Consider that for SG1 and their ship time was accelerated by a factor of over 1 million to 1.  It was also on a flyby of an Earth type planet.  Assume a base velocity of 10 miles/second.  From the viewpoint of the Ori vessels they would have seen SG-1s ship accelerate in normal space to velocity more than 50 times that of light, yet in the episode they stayed motionless.

Assume for the sake of argument that the ship was locked to its position in normal space so that it does not run away at 50+xC.  What other options did they have?  With years to work they could easily have repaired the shields and weapons.  They could then have slowed down to 2 times the normal passage of time.  The incoming attack would be spread over twice as much time and seem half as powerful against their shields which would then easily hold together.  The outgoing attack against the Ori would be doubled in effective power and would blow through their shields like nothing. 

Why did Colonel Carter not see this?

There were other options as well, all assume repairing the weapons and shields then fighting at normal time rates.

Rebuild one or more fighters as portable shield generators and eject them in the path of the incoming attack to blunt it before it impacts the ships shields.  The ships Asgard enhanced weapons were known to be able to beat any one Ori ship, with the attack of one ship blocked by the fighter the other Ori would be destroyed.  SG-1 could then accelerate time again to prepare for the 2nd attack against the other Ori ship.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:40:07 pm »
since the goa'uld are mostly dead and the orie are dead what enemy will they be fighting in the movies?

Others gave some information such as Adria the 1st of the new Ori.  There are also the Priors of the Ori still in that galaxy and their fleets.  With Adria to back them some would ascend to become the new Ori. 

Of course the Ancients should have prevented Adria from leaving the Milkyway and interfering in the other galaxy.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 08:49:33 pm »
The following post is brought to you by the campaign to save the Asgard.

1/ Use the Asgard computer to predict solar flares.

2/ Use the flare and Stargate to travel back in time to before the Asgard cloning had gotten out of hand

3/ Get tissue samples

4/ Predict more flares and travel back to the future to before the "visit" to the Ori galaxy, prevent that visit and get the tissue samples to the Asgard. 

This prevents the Ori attack and gives the Asgard the tissue samples they need to rejuvenate thier race.

Alternate plan 1/

As above but use the time travelling gate ship repowered with Asgard Tech.

Alternate plan 2/

Again travel back in time but not as far and get the masters of "life" (aka the Nox) working on the Asgard problem.  The Asgard can then if needed slow down time for their world by 1 million to one and wait for the Nox to solve the problem.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 09:14:46 pm »
also what happen to the research on the old Asgard who was able to reproduce by sex?

a female Asgard was studying a Asgard from a previous generation?

and the Asgard where unable to find a solution like android?

for a race that advance they seem a bit unable to find a solution to that problem.

i was thinking why they never try to make a shield to stop the energy beam to hit them, or fire at the energy beam to stop it before hitting the ship?

now that the human SG-1 have a ship whit Asgard technology will they copy or find a way to install it on other ship?

and they could have use the technology to find Atlantis a lot faster and use it to make modification to Atlantis, like the weapons and shield?

what happen to the Asgard fleet of ship they build?, i know that when the replicator destroyed some of them but they still have some ship left no?

did loky also die with the rest of them?

did they really kill Baal or is another clone?

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 05:57:11 am »
From what i remember, I believe Thor mentioned something about them trying to fix things but only made it worse. It didn't solve the problem and they were unable to clone themselves any more. I'll have to watch it again, but that is what I got out of the last episode.