Topic: old prototype future cars  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: old prototype future cars
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:26:48 pm »
Link 1

Link 2

Not concept cars:

Link 3

Link 4
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:02:13 pm »
What's interesting is reading about some of the features in those 50's cars that are just now seeing widespread use in actual cars.

1956 Firebird II

electronic guidance system for use on the "electronic highway of the future."
Wonder if that is a forerunner to the nav systems of today.

1959 Cadillac Cyclone

At a touch of a button, Cyclone's doors move outward from the car three inches. Moving smoothly on ball bearings, they can be slid back for easy entrance. Among its advanced engineering features is a radar device which scans the highway, and warns the driver electronically of objects in its path.

Ahead of their times to be sure.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:12:30 am »
all the cars they think of and show whee made for place that have no snow, its would be interesting to see a car that is build for place where you will get now.

a car that in high on the ground, not some sport cars, but they car industry don't see the potential for that market.

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:09:57 am »
My dream wheels has been the same for the last 10 years: a 2-door Chevy Tahoe with a pair of Ma Deuce .50 cals mounted under the headlights, a pair of Sidewinders on top, TOW's on the sides, and rearward pointed Halogen brights.  Road rage terminator. :flame:

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 11:04:56 pm »
My dream wheels has been the same for the last 10 years: a 2-door Chevy Tahoe with a pair of Ma Deuce .50 cals mounted under the headlights, a pair of Sidewinders on top, TOW's on the sides, and rearward pointed Halogen brights.  Road rage terminator instigator. :flame:

Corrected for accuracy ;)
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 11:46:06 am »
i actually have the logan's run tv series on disc! jealous?
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 01:05:03 pm »
My dream wheels has been the same for the last 10 years: a 2-door Chevy Tahoe with a pair of Ma Deuce .50 cals mounted under the headlights, a pair of Sidewinders on top, TOW's on the sides, and rearward pointed Halogen brights.  Road rage terminator. :flame:

A sugestion.  Change the TOW's to Hellfire missles.  TOW's are guided by a wire between the missile and the launcher.  Hellfire's use a laser guidance system.  Less chance to get the wire cut in traffic and miss your target.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 01:08:23 pm »

WTH , I mean yeah. :D

Stephen having Flashbacks of Farrah Faucett and Surgery
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 01:25:31 pm »

The TV show was Heather Menzies and the movie Jenny Agutter (in the movie Fawcett awas a secondary female character).

There is a new movie planned for 2010.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 03:14:11 pm »

The TV show was Heather Menzies and the movie Jenny Agutter (in the movie Fawcett awas a secondary female character).

There is a new movie planned for 2010.

I knew she was secondary, A nurse or something. Had forgotten the other actresses names though.

Wow a new version of Logans run. That will be interesting to see, If done right. Sometimes I like remakes, other times..ehh.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 07:33:06 pm »
Wow a new version of Logans run. That will be interesting to see, If done right. Sometimes I like remakes, other times..ehh.

Stephen

I think that some Movies/TV shows should not be remade as they are just too classic to change.  Others however may have a classic concept (or just a good one) and a remake may be able to improve on the flawed original.

As a side note on that I gave my brother-in-law a copy of Battlestar Galactica Season 1 for Christmas and he finally watched it and sent me the message that I am a A*****e because now he is addicted and will be buying the rest of the series.  He was further annoyed when I told him that I haven't seen it myself but was using him as a test case (actually I said cannonfodder ;)) as I did on a previous Christmas with Firefly.   :angel:

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 07:44:24 pm »

Stephen

I think that some Movies/TV shows should not be remade as they are just too classic to change.  Others however may have a classic concept (or just a good one) and a remake may be able to improve on the flawed original.

As a side note on that I gave my brother-in-law a copy of Battlestar Galactica Season 1 for Christmas and he finally watched it and sent me the message that I am a A*****e because now he is addicted and will be buying the rest of the series.  He was further annoyed when I told him that I haven't seen it myself but was using him as a test case (actually I said cannonfodder ;)) as I did on a previous Christmas with Firefly.   :angel:

LOL, too be a fly on the wall when people first see some good SciFi.

I'll give you an example of a movie that should not be remade, The Day the Earth Stood Still. At one point John Carpenter was going to do it, then someone else. It just won't be the same. The Socio/Political views would appear so biased today, rather then subtle and thought provoking in the original.

Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 08:29:36 pm »
There is one classic Sci Fi I would like to see remade - This Island Earth.  In its case though the reason is because I would like a remake that is true to the book. 

In the book it was not two planets fighting but two alliances that each covered many galaxies, each had representatives on Earth and was working to include us in their sphere of influence.  The "good guys" are losing until the human heroes figure out why,

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 09:22:32 pm »

Stephen

LOL, too be a fly on the wall when people first see some good SciFi.

I'll give you an example of a movie that should not be remade, The Day the Earth Stood Still. At one point John Carpenter was going to do it, then someone else. It just won't be the same. The Socio/Political views would appear so biased today, rather then subtle and thought provoking in the original.

Stephen

I so have to agree with that.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 07:36:06 am »
 :police:

:pirate:   We're taking this thread to Sci-Fi land.   :pirate:

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 08:17:53 am »

:pirate:   We're taking this thread to Sci-Fi land.   :pirate:

heh, The day the Earth stood still is playing on AMC right now. Don't know if you get that channel up north.
Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 08:23:04 am »
heh, The day the Earth stood still is playing on AMC right now. Don't know if you get that channel up north.
Stephen

I don't watch much TV so I don't know if that channel is available or not, but I do have the DVD.