Topic: IJ Trailer is out.  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
IJ Trailer is out.
« on: February 14, 2008, 03:24:23 pm »
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Re: IJ Trailer is out.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:48:43 pm »
Well, I have to say, I was skeptical about this, but with the bit with the truck in the warehouse, maybe they CAN pull this off.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:18:33 pm »
Looks lame.  And why Harrison Ford?  I'd rather they cast someone else and just went back and told a different story rather than having him be older.  How many different people have played Batman?  It's not like Tim Burton sought out Adam West to play Batman.  Christian Bale is the third guy in the role in 10 years, right?  So why Harrison Ford?  Makes no sense to me.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:22:31 pm »
Because Ford IS Indiana...as that's who's face it's associated with.  There have been at least three others who have played Indiana Jones...but who's face comes up in your mind when you think of the name or the movies...

Indiana Jones
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:10:12 am »
Sean Connery IS James Bond
Roger Moore IS James Bond
Timothy Dalton IS James Bond
Daniel Craig IS James Bond

It's been 27 years since Raiders of the Lost Ark, TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS!!

Since Dr. No is 1962, there have been 5 actors playing Bond.  It's patently ridiculous to suppose that Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones when no one else has ever been permitted to play the character, whereas we all perfectly accept all these actors as Bond or all the actors that have play Batman over the years.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HD

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:45:34 pm »
Then I suppose that you have no problem envisioning someone else when you think of James Kirk? would you have been satisfied if they got someone else to play that role in Generations?

And I see a big difference between a character with 4 movies like the Indiana Jones series and a character with, what, 20 movies out like Bond.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:48:46 pm »

They are all posers compared to the first James Bond. Barry Nelson.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:59:24 pm »
Forgot George Lazenby, David Niven and Peter Sellers.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 07:39:38 pm »
And Pierce Brosnan.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HD

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 12:56:54 am »

Since Dr. No is 1962, there have been 5 actors playing Bond.  It's patently ridiculous to suppose that Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones when no one else has ever been permitted to play the character, whereas we all perfectly accept all these actors as Bond or all the actors that have play Batman over the years.

And, in addition to what people have already stated in relation to JB and IJ, there have been three other actors that played Indiana Jones (which apparantly you missed) NONE of which have replaced Ford as the one you think of as being Jones (as obvious since you can't even seem to recall them).  One of them even played Jones more than Harrison Ford played Jones.  John Patrick Flanery has more film time and everything else than Harrison Ford in being Indiana Jones, but I think of Harrison Ford when I think of Indiana Jones, as apparantly YOU DO too.

This is why Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 12:22:29 pm »

William Hartnell IS the Doctor.
Patrick Troughton IS the Doctor.
Jon Pertwee IS the Doctor.
Tom Baker IS the Doctor. 

James Bond is a Time Lord; that's why he keeps changing his face while maintaining the same identity.  Indiana Jones, however, is a plain Human and will always and forever be represented by Harrison Ford.  How happy would anyone be if, suddenly, Darth Vader's voice was done by Matt Frewer or Owen Wilson instead of James Earl Jones? 

We all get old.  Seeing a late-middle-aged Indiana Jones is somewhat comforting.  I'm 36 and beginning to realize I'll never be as hot and spicy as I was when I was 26.  It'll be nice to see that even a Nazi-busting hero can get some grey and still lay down an old fashioned ass kicking.

"Out swords and to work with all!"---Cyrano de Bergerac

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 08:57:15 pm »
Heck, Sean Connery showed he could still be action oriented in the third one so I think it will be fine. As long as they don't try to pass him of as still 36 or so and make some jokes about how he is getting too old for this s**t, I think it could be a very funny and entertaining movie.